Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna pro 4G LTE on HSN - some questions

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I bought an unlock code from an eBay seller last year for one of my GoPhone Lumia 640s that AT&T refused to give me the unlock code for because it was a refurb that I bought directly from their website.
    99˘ and 2 hours after I paid the seller sent me the unlock code and within a few minutes it was unlocked and using one of my T-Mobile prepaid SIM cards.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2
    Att seems strict on unlocks now. The last two phones I've tried to unlock they declined

Feedback Score
    One quick question mostly out of curiosity. I have 2 lumia 640's... one with Win 8.1 and the other Win 10. If i put/establish a byop tmfl tracfone sim in the 8.1 640 - can i switch the sim to the other win 10 640 - back and forth? Will the sim work in both phones? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    One quick question mostly out of curiosity. I have 2 lumia 640's... one with Win 8.1 and the other Win 10. If i put a byop tmfl tracfone sim in the 8.1 640 - can i switch the sim to the other win 10 640 - back and forth? Will the sim work in both phones? Thanks.
    Yes it will.
    I have switched my Tracfone SIM around to different phones.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you can swap a GSM BYOP SIM between different GSM phones. TF and the carrier know in which phone the SIM is being used, but they don't seem to care.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The SIM for the 640 is Micro. The SIM for the "other" phone may be the smaller/thinner Nano.

Feedback Score
    Okay thanks guys. One more question.

So if I guy to best buy and go to the floor model of the AT&T prepaid iPhone SE 32 GB and stick the byop att tmfl sim in it and it does not ask for a code that means it will work with tracfone?

If so does that mean it will give me the triple minutes and it will work just the same as if the phone was unlocked or made for tracfone? There is no difference at all between AT&T prepaid and unlocked in terms of the way the phone functions on tracfone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    1. So if I go to best buy and go to the floor model of the AT&T prepaid iPhone SE 32 GB and stick the byop att tmfl sim in it and it does not ask for a code that means it will work with tracfone?

2. If so does that mean it will give me the triple minutes and it will work just the same as if the phone was unlocked or made for tracfone? There is no difference at all between AT&T prepaid and unlocked in terms of the way the phone functions on tracfone?
    1. I don't know anything about iPhone, so can't say Yes or No.
    2. If the answer to question #1 is Yes, then you'll get triple minutes just like a phone made for Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    1. I don't know anything about iPhone, so can't say Yes or No.
    2. If the answer to question #1 is Yes, then you'll get triple minutes just like a phone made for Tracfone.
    Okay great.

I'm going to check that out and then decide but I think I'm leaning towards using one of the BYOP at&t triple minute sims in one of my Lumia 640s for now since I can just use the sim in another GSM phone in the future if I need to.

Thanks for all the answers and help with the questions.

Feedback Score
    If you are looking for AT&T compatible phone, you can buy any of the GSM unlocked phones , from Amazon, BestBuy, Walmart ...... If you are ready for the same price as iPhone SE in the android world - LeEco Le S3 Ecophone is a solid choice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    If you are looking for AT&T compatible phone, you can buy any of the GSM unlocked phones , from Amazon, BestBuy, Walmart ...... If you are ready for the same price as iPhone SE in the android world - LeEco Le S3 Ecophone is a solid choice.
    Thank you for the suggestions. The LeEco seems nice but screen is a little bigger than I like plus I think it doesn't have a headphone jack. So I think if I go android route eventually I'll probably go with a Samsung phone - maybe a tracfone one.
    Last edited by lappers; 09-16-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Look at the information on the box pictured here. The phone is Smartphone only Airtime.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/Turk/single...4372&t=8080305
    Okay, I just got done communicating with two Tracfone customer reps. These particular reps have given me accurate info in the past - they told me the TMFL program was ending for tracfone smartphone and byop sims many weeks ago before it was common knowledge and they turned out to be right when not many seemed to know what was going on.

Anyway, they told me there is no such thing as a tracfone smartphone that only works with smartphone plans. It doesn't exist. According to them, the meaning of "this phone will only work with smartphone plans" is that it is the only phone capable of doing so versus a feature phone or flip phone. They explained all tracfone smartphones and all byop smartphones work with airtime cards. Maybe you guys understand it like this but that is now how the wording reads to me.

They explained if I got the luna pro with the year deal from hsn/qvc I could add a $19.99 60 minute airtime card to it to give it 60 voice, 60 text, 60 data more and 90 days more of service (and I imagine double that 120,120,120 with promo code which has always worked for me on the feature phone giving me triple minutes).

If this is true, and given their track record I'm learing towards that it is, then I'm going to order the luna pro.

Has anyone ever added or attempted to add a normal airtime card to a so-called smartphone plan only phone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nobody has been brave enough to try adding a traditional card to a smartphone-only phone. I don't think what those reps told you is correct, but you can prove me wrong. Buy a phone that says it can only be used with a smartphone card then add a traditional 60-minute card and let us know what you get. My guess is that you will only get 60/60/60 and not 180/180/180.

Feedback Score
    Nobody has been brave enough to try adding a traditional card to a smartphone-only phone. I don't think what those reps told you is correct, but you can prove me wrong. Buy a phone that says it can only be used with a smartphone card then add a traditional 60-minute card and let us know what you get. My guess is that you will only get 60/60/60 and not 180/180/180.
    60, 60, 60 is great if it works... that means for $20 i get 3 more months versus spending $40 ($25+$15) for 3 months with smarphone plans. I will not be using the phone much. I think I am going to try it but I was just curious if anyone has yet and just wrote its working off as a fluke or had the airtime card refill request denied on a tracfone smartphone labeled "this phone will only work with smartphone plans" on the packaging.

Feedback Score
    @lappers,
    And another piece of important information is that people including hpham have confirmed that if you log into your TracFone account and try to buy airtime for a smartphone-only plan phone, the website does not even show you basic refill options - it only shows the new smartphone refills.

So I also believe those CSRs gave you inaccurate incomplete information. You probably can add a 60 minutes basic refill purchased at a retail store and will most likely get 60 in each bucket like hpham stated.

Also all promo codes don't necessarily work with smartphones.

Feedback Score
    So I also believe those CSRs gave you inaccurate incomplete information. You probably can add a 60 minutes basic refill purchased at a retail store and will most likely get 60 in each bucket like hpham stated.

Also all promo codes don't necessarily work with smartphones.
    The promo code is not really important to me. I've heard for example they don't always work or will work just once with double minutes for life feature phones and it's worked twice in a row for me giving me triple minutes each time. But no problem if it doesn't work - its just a bonus.

The important thing for me is that the airtime card actually works and gives a three month extension for $19.99.

Also, what's on the site in terms of plans you can purchase from TF for "smartphone plan only" smartphones doesn't matter for me because I buy them at a local store nearby or from walmart online. I can purchase them easily.

What matters for me is that it actually works. The three month extension is much cheaper with an airtime card versus smartphone only plan. For a very light smartphone user like me (who will have a huge amount of minutes put on the phone to begin with) this is great. I've emailed them to ask if the year minutes would roll over with 90 day airtime card. I'm guessing no but anyways..

I'm going to try it with a promo code and I'll let you guys know what happens.
    Last edited by lappers; 09-16-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast