Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna pro 4G LTE on HSN - some questions

Feedback Score
    BTW, TracfoneReviewer has just reviewed the luna pro - he gives it a great review:

https://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.co...ro-s327vl.html

Feedback Score
    Okay, so I suppose you just want to confirm with CSR that you'll get single minutes into each bucket on a SPO phone when using a basic refill. I expect they will say yes, but the real test is going to be to actually do it.

If you objective is to get service days cheap, are you aware that with any airtime purchase which includes talk minutes on TracFone website, you will get an offer to buy 365 service days for $50?

Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    I'll throw that in but my understanding is the TMFL program is over so it should not triple.

Feedback Score
    I get the feeling that site's reviews are written by just spewing the specs and they do not actually have a phone in hand to test with .

BTW, TracfoneReviewer has just reviewed the luna pro - he gives it a great review:

https://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.co...ro-s327vl.html

Feedback Score
    Yes it was discussed earlier in the thread. I may use the card i have to see how it fits in with my use. While I consider myself a light user, I think I'm gonna need way more than 200 minutes for a year. I have to weigh the $50 cost of the card versus the lack of minutes. So I have to look at that. That won't be my biggest concern initially with the luna pro since it comes with 1500 for a year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I get the feeling that site's reviews are written by just spewing the specs and they do not actually have a phone in hand to test with .
    I don't know. I know he writes the reviews and he responds to comments. The focus is on comparison and how it works with Tracfone.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    who knows maybe they will change the program in a years time and I guess it will unlock by then too so I may have other options.
    I wouldn't count on TF unlocking any phone. They'll claim they can't do it and offer to buy back your phone for a pittance. Tracfone Unlocking Policy

Device(s)
    TF L33L
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (on AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Old User View Post
    I was looking at the 2 star reviews for the "TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro 5.5" w/ Case & 1500 Min/Text/Data" on QVC and a couple reviews complained about too many advertisements.

< snip >
    I was lucky and found some ad killing software the works on PC/Mac, Android, iPhone/iPad. It is not free, but I accidentally found a discount for 2 licenses for our 2 PCs, and 2 licenses for our 2 TracFones (L33L Sunrise). The product I use is called AdGuard and I am super happy how it kills 99.9% of our phone app ads. The blinking/flashing/animated ads are <your favorite bad word> the worst!

Feedback Score
    I posted a question in the Tracfone forum about the new Tracfone smartphones that have the "This phone will only work with smartphone plans" label on the packaging with an example link and whether or not they can be used with regular airtime cards explaining that I had been told by customer service via email that you could and the answer again is yes that is correct.

I guess the proof will be in actually doing it with the phone so when I get it I'll see how it goes and report back.

Something I noticed: The TracFone ZTE Five

https://www.hsn.com/products/zte-zfi...inutes/8313522

Tracfone reviewer states this particular new Tracfone smartphone gets "triple minutes for life".

In the description on HSN which is selling it it states it comes with a 400 minutes that triples and you get 1200 minutes voice text data.

I've seen the packaging on this phone (actually the phone I saw was the ZTE Zfive 2) and it states "This phone will only work with smartphone plans".

But smartphone plans don't triple. So I imagine you must be able to use airtime cards with it to get triple minutes even thought it states "This phone will only work with smartphone plans"
    Last edited by lappers; 09-17-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I posted a question in the Tracfone forum about the new Tracfone smartphones that have the "This phone will only work with smartphone plans" label on the packaging with an example link and whether or not they can be used with regular airtime cards explaining that I had been told by customer service via email that you could and the answer again is yes that is correct.
    It seems like you're the one only who is happy with and plans to use a PAYG card on a smartphone-only phone knowing you probably will get just the face value and not tripling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yes, makes no sense in the HSN information. The packaging always had the SOP marking on the box in retail stores. Does HSN have a different variation? Only one model number.
    I think there are two ZTE Zfive 2 and ZTE Zfive... maybe they use different providers like verizon versus att.

I've only seen the ZTE zfive 2 packaging.. maybe the ZTE Zfive packaging is different I don't know. It does fit in with what they are telling me... that "This phone will only work with smartphone plans" does not mean you cannot use airtime cards.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yes, makes no sense in the HSN information. The packaging always had the SOP marking on the box in retail stores. Does HSN have a different variation? Only one model number.
    Don't know about the Luna Pro. The box of the Rebel 2 that I bought from HSN says it's compatible only with SOP. Like you have mentioned in other posts, the 1200/1200/1200 that comes with the phone can be anything that TF set up. It doesn't have to be a 400-minute card tripled.
    There are some phones that come with 1500/1500/1500, which is not a triple of any card.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Don't know about the Luna Pro. The box of the Rebel 2 that I bought from HSN says it's compatible only with SOP. Like you have mentioned in other posts, the 1200/1200/1200 that comes with the phone can be anything that TF set up. It doesn't have to be a 400-minute card tripled.
    There are some phones that come with 1500/1500/1500, which is not a triple of any card.
    Well, with the ZTE ZFIVE they are selling on HSN in the description it states it comes with 400 minutes tripled..

Promotional package with 1200 minutes, 1200 texts and 1200MB data with 365 days of service (400 minutes/texts/data tripled)
    Additionally, Tracfone Reviewer states that this phone comes with "triple minutes for life" apparently separately from anything HSN is selling. He gets his info from tracfone from what I've read. Unless he's wrong.

The only thing is I haven't seen the packaging for this phone as describled by Tracfone Reviewer. The "2' version has the sop label. It seems all their recent smartphones lately have the sop label.

Tracfone sure makes it confusing lol.
    Last edited by lappers; 09-17-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Feedback Score
    I think there are two ZTE Zfive 2 and ZTE Zfive... maybe they use different providers like verizon versus att.

I've only seen the ZTE zfive 2 packaging.. maybe the ZTE Zfive packaging is different I don't know. It does fit in with what they are telling me... that "This phone will only work with smartphone plans" does not mean you cannot use airtime cards.
    The ZFIVE situation is different with 2 models. Not sure if the ZFIVE is TMFL unlike the ZFIVE 2 which is SOP. Yes you can use standard airtime cards on a SOP phone, but should only get the face value. Pretty sure I saw a post a while back where someone did that, and got only face value.

Feedback Score
    Well the ZFIVE does not have the SOP label on it as far as I can see:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZTE-ZFIVE-LT...vip=true&rt=nc

The "2" does:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TracFone-...hone/709004572

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes it was discussed earlier in the thread. I may use the card i have to see how it fits in with my use. While I consider myself a light user, I think I'm gonna need way more than 200 minutes for a year. I have to weigh the $50 cost of the card versus the lack of minutes. So I have to look at that. That won't be my biggest concern initially with the luna pro since it comes with 1500 for a year.
    I realize that the luna pro comes with 1 year and 1500, so you won't need to add airtime for a while. But I just want to compare your plan of adding the $19.99 60-minute card knowing that it won't triple. Buying four of them gives you 240/240/240 and 12 months of service for about $80. If you buy a $25 smartphone card and add a year for $50 (no units), you get 500/1000/500 and 14 months of service for $75. Which is a better deal?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast