Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lappers View Post
    Well the ZFIVE does not have the SOP label on it as far as I can see:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZTE-ZFIVE-LT...vip=true&rt=nc

The "2" does:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TracFone-...hone/709004572
    Will you use more than the 1500/1500/1500 within the one year that comes with the Phone? Adding the 60M/90D airtime will provide you with useful Info for the future.

In approximately one year you can buy another discounted bundle for use during the next 365 days. Gives you a new updated phone model every year for less than the cost of the airtime alone. Buy it during the Visa Checkout or other promotions and you save even more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If you buy a $25 smartphone card and add a year for $50 (no units), you get 500/1000/500 and 14 months of service for $75. Which is a better deal?
    The $50 card will extend smartphone cards minutes to last the year+? I thought you could only do that with airtime cards. That's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Will you use more than the 1500/1500/1500 within the one year that comes with the Phone? Adding the 60M/90D airtime will provide you with useful Info for the future.

In approximately one year you can buy another discounted bundle for use during the next 365 days. Gives you a new updated phone model every year for less than the cost of the airtime alone. Buy it during the Visa Checkout or other promotions and you save even more.

I was playing around with a friends android phone and just like in the past whenever Ive picked up a cheap one (go phone unlocked) I find I just don't like android. I've given away a few of them. So I'm starting to think twice about the luna pro. I think I might just put the att triple sim in the 640 and take it from there. That or the iphone se but it is a little small which I normally like. Still have a little money left on 640 for tmob so I'm going to think about this.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The $50 card will extend smartphone cards minutes to last the year+? I thought you could only do that with airtime cards. That's great.
    The $50 will extend your service days by 1 year. As long as you still have service days, your bucket units keep rolling forward, regardless of how they were added (Airtime card, smartphone card, bundled units, transferred units, etc).

Feedback Score
    That's great thanks for the info. I had read about this somewhere else and the examples were always with airtime cards.

Feedback Score
    With the tracfone iphone se - will I have trouble if I want it unlocked in a year? I emailed them about this yesterday and they said as long as you've had a year service, they will unlock it. But I think someone mentioned it's not so easy? I'm thinking of a friend who travels who may want it and later to take it abroad in a years time. Also, do you think they will lower the $199 price on it in time at Best Buy like the others (AT&T etc) have done?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    With the tracfone iphone se - will I have trouble if I want it unlocked in a year? I emailed them about this yesterday and they said as long as you've had a year service, they will unlock it. But I think someone mentioned it's not so easy?
    Tracfone Unlock Policy can be read HERE . It says "Customers must currently own a TracFone branded handset model launched on TracFone's service after February 11, 2014 or activated with TracFone's service after February 11, 2015". There are plenty of eligible phones by now, yet I have not seen a single report from someone who got their Tracfone unlocked.

Feedback Score
    I've decided to get an iPhone SE. Is it possible to buy the the total wireless version ($129) and have it activated on Tracfone? If I can do that, does the phone behave like it is a tracfone iphone se using verizon - should you be able to unlock it after a year? Also, would i need the assistance of TF customer support to do it? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    There is a huge iPhone SE thread in the TracFone section you should post these questions to and find many answers. Your questions have nothing to do with the title of this thread.

I've decided to get an iPhone SE. Is it possible to buy the the total wireless version ($129) and have it activated on Tracfone? If I can do that, does the phone behave like it is a tracfone iphone se using verizon - should you be able to unlock it after a year? Also, would i need the assistance of TF customer support to do it? Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    There is a huge iPhone SE thread in the TracFone section you should post these questions to and find many answers. Your questions have nothing to do with the title of this thread.
    I went looking for that thread and didn't see it. Is it in archives?

ETA: I know I've seen it before, just cannot locate it in active threads.
    Last edited by mathfaster; 09-22-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I don't see much about TracFone branded iPhone SEs either. A bunch of smaller threads about trying to use this model from ST, TW, and SM.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I didn't see any huge iphone se thread in the tracfone section either. Perhaps it is buried somewhere. I was going to make a new post about it but then I heard back from Tracfone and they said the answer is yes to my questions.

Basically the TW phone can be rebranded to tracfone and then is a tracfone phone and behaves like one in all respects.
    So I'm good. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    Any of them would apply - especially the TW iPhone thread if you have the links handy.

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I don't see much about TracFone branded iPhone SEs either. A bunch of smaller threads about trying to use this model from ST, TW, and SM.

Feedback Score
    Question to anyone who bought the Luna Pro: Does it have a screen mirroring/cast feature?

Feedback Score
    I ended up buying the Samsung galaxy J3 luna pro phone from HSN and got it delivered yesterday. I'm still trying to get it activated. I did manage to get the number ported out of my old provider (tmobile) that I was using on my Lumia 640 but still working on getting service activated on the luna pro phone. I've already spent 3 hours on it with calls and chats with tmobile and tracfone. I think today will get it resolved.

As for the phone itself... it is okay. I haven't been able to test some things since I don't have service yet though the speaker phone on it sounds loud and clear when i've tried to call something and Verizon tell me I don't have enough funds. Phone OS seems reasonably fast and smooth (Chrome browser is pretty fast) and the rear 5mp camera takes pretty nice clear pics. I think it has a 1.9 f-stop. Like that i can use volume buttons as shutter. Feels like a camera. The screen is nice and bright. I don't see an "adaptive brightness" setting - does that mean it does not have a sensor that automatically adjusts the brightness? The navigation buttons are off screen - the home button is physical and clicks and requires a little force to depress - something I am not used to since my Lumia 640 has a touch button on screen. I don't love that. Though I guess I can use the touch back button to often get me home... The phone feels nice in the hand and I like that the power and volume buttons are on the side like the 640 and not on the back like some phones. Phone charges fast. Battery seems good.

Android (Marshmallow in this case) is getting on my nerves as it has in the past whenever I've messed with it briefly. The latest annoyance is that I cannot get "ok google" - that is part of the google search bar widget - that i put on my home screen - to shut off. I cannot disable it from listening for "ok google". I tried the usual stuff - turning off all the ok google voice settings, deleting the voice model, restarts you name it and the only thing that shuts it off is to disable the mic on the google app in app/permissions but then you lose the ability to manually use the voice query on it. I've decided for now just to remove it and keep a link to the G app on home screen. That works fine.

Anyway, I have been considering that maybe once the luna pro phone has the number/service and has settled a bit if I don't love it maybe I will transfer the number and the 1200 minutes, text data back to my Lumia 640.

If I put a TMFL byop att sim in the 640, can i transfer the number/minutes to it from the verizon based luna pro? Will the 1200 minutes triple if I do that?
    Last edited by lappers; Yesterday at 06:29 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    NO the 1200/1200/1200 will not triple during the transfer, unless you catch a glitch or win the Tracfone lottery.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast