Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: looking for advice on renewing plan

Device(s)
    8GB iphones (2)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

looking for advice on renewing plan

I'm a month away from the end of a tab24 and looking for some plan advice before I call Fido.

Currently I pay $40/mo for unlimited talk/text, $30 for the 6GB Data plan, $30/mo for unlimited North America Long Distance (which I probably use less than 100 min a month), and $13 for the iphone Value Pack. I think I might do a phone upgrade through fido (subsidized) as I'm on a 6S right now. Can someone who knows more about plans than me offer some advice?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Hey fordmanss12, I'm Thomas from Fido

Want some advice from professionals? We got you!

You can find how to contact us here > http://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us

We're on Facebook / Twitter too

We hope to talk to you soon!

-Thomas

Device(s)
    8GB iphones (2)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    no one has any plan advice other than the guys trying to get you to pay the most they can every month?

Carrier(s)
    $80 Fido retention plan (Canada)
    Feedback Score
    Honestly the best you can do is try to see if there are better plans elsewhere such as Freedom Wireless. Call Fido and try to have them match the plan as best as possible with a phone upgrade. Make sure you know the total monthly cost of the competitors offer first. If you google Fido retention deals you might find some more help. These forums have been lacking lately for Fido.

Hope this helps.

p.s. It is pretty sad when your only help came from a Fido rep with vague comments. If only they would offer a retention deal publicly rather than hide in the shadows.

Feedback Score
    You can get a deal from fido as old customer. It is not coming up in my mind how it says something with loyalty plans or what ever . I got a good deal for my both lines on pulse plans, $60 for unlimited and 4gb each line for data.

Sent from my HUAWEI MLA-L03 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    8GB iphones (2)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    get this caveman, so i called fido csr and was offered a plan which i thought was ok but wanted to sleep on it. called back the next day to go for it and now they say csr made a mistake and we wont honor the offer despite all notes on file and a 13 year customer with 3 lines with them. so now im shopping with telus to see what they can do. so unethical. i dont trust any of these fido csrs!

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I would’ve asked to speak to a supervisor. That is totally unacceptable. Granted I do know that In the past CSR has made mistakes with me as well but they generally had to do with the addons, due to incompatibility, but not whole plans.

Device(s)
    8GB iphones (2)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I did ask to speak to a supervisor - the answer was "we are all supervisors on the help desk so I can tell you it will make no difference". Never been treated like this anywhere else....

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    As is the case with most CS lines. HUCA (Hang Up Call Again). There is always someone who is more senior than the person you are talking to on the line.

It’s funny how suddenly there is nobody from Fido Solutions chiming in here to offer help to your problem.

Device(s)
    8GB iphones (2)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    seems they've all been muzzled. Ill try again but the last guy said he's putting notes on file to make sure everyone understands I cannot get the plan that was offered to me. Nice customer service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fordmanss12 View Post
    seems they've all been muzzled. Ill try again but the last guy said he's putting notes on file to make sure everyone understands I cannot get the plan that was offered to me. Nice customer service.
    I'm confused, they offered you another plan but you cannot get it anymore?

Did you contact Fido Solutions again in PM?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    8GB iphones (2)
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    I'm confused, they offered you another plan but you cannot get it anymore?

Did you contact Fido Solutions again in PM?
    yes, that's when they reneged on the previous offer. Despite agreeing the offer was made - they said it was made in error and won't honor it. so 13 years of paying my very large 300-400 per month bills, 3 lines etc - no customer service whatsoever. I'm shopping around and will move to telus or bell and they can have my hard earned money since Fido seems very short sighted.

Feedback Score
    Why would you pay 30 bucks to talk to USA? There are some many free calling and text apps out there.

Sent from my HUAWEI MLA-L03 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    ^Not sure where you are getting the $30 from, because I don't see it in any of the posts. But you would be surprised as to how many people are paying some very old rate of $30 add on for US calling. Those are the types customers cell phone companies love. What's funny people that are paying $30 for these ridiculous add ons are the people that are living pay cheque to pay cheque.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fordmanss12 View Post
    I'm a month away from the end of a tab24 and looking for some plan advice before I call Fido.

Currently I pay $40/mo for unlimited talk/text, $30 for the 6GB Data plan, $30/mo for unlimited North America Long Distance (which I probably use less than 100 min a month), and $13 for the iphone Value Pack. I think I might do a phone upgrade through fido (subsidized) as I'm on a 6S right now. Can someone who knows more about plans than me offer some advice?

Thanks
    Why not changing your package to one of the newest Pulse ones? Even with the new add-ons, it will be much less expensive but a lot more features at your disposal....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast