Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: The Last Straw... I'm leaving...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0

    The Last Straw... I'm leaving...

    I've been with H20 Wireless about 2.5 years give or take. Over the last two or three months, for whatever reason things have gone downhill and downhill FAST for me and family members and a friend.

    First about two months ago, data stopped working on four of our phones over a two day period. I thought there was an outage in our area (Northeast), but could not find a thing online about one. Long story short we all had to change to a new APN setting. A week ago, my nieces data stopped working yet again, she had to once again change to a different APN. My brother's data stopped working again yesterday,.. new APN to the rescue.

    HOWEVER..

    Here's the real kicker! For the third time in a year and the second time in TWO WEEKS I picked up my phone to use it and.. nothing, no data, no calls allowed, nothing. My service was deactivated again. I logged into my account (just like last week) and not only does it say my ($30) service plan expired (it's not supposed to until Oct 1st), but.. (just like last week) it shows my plan was changed to the $60 plan! I didn't change my plan last week and didn't change it this week! Since I'm NOT on auto-pay, the ONLY way to change it is to buy a $60 PIN and apply it to my account, in which case.. I'd have service!. I've NEVER bought or used a $60 PIN... ever.

    I spend well over an hour on the phone last Saturday listening to one very rude CS rep tell me I changed my plan.. no, no.. NO I DIDN'T! "Our logs show you changed it". Your logs are WRONG! She put me on hold for 20 minutes until I got disconnected. I was raging and called back, this time I got a very nice rep, though hard to understand. Long story short, 25 minutes later my service was up and running again. He told me a glitch in the system was the problem my plan was changed.

    Fast forward to tonight.. "we already gave you a one time courtesy" last week, sorry. This is the bulk of the 45 minutes spend on chat and talking to them on the phone.

    Me: "a courtesy? you gave me a courtesy?..it's YOUR FAULT!"

    H2O: "I'm sorry, sir, there is nothing we can do, you changed your plan"

    Me: "If I changed my plan, I'd HAVE SERVICE!"

    H2O: "I'm sorry sir, is there anything else?"

    Needless to say I'm furious. I wrote the CEO of Locus, H2O's parent company. Will it help? probably not, but you never know. In any event. I'm moving on to Red Pocket. Wish me luck!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,926
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    0
    If reliability is important why are you moving to another MVNO such as Red Pocket. Did you not read the postings on here that a few people were getting their service cut-off each month and they had to call in to reinstate it? Why not go to AT&T Prepaid (formally GoPhone) or Cricket?

    My relatives only use H2O for one time use with the Ebay prefunded sim cards.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    If reliability is important why are you moving to another MVNO such as Red Pocket. Did you not read the postings on here that a few people were getting their service cut-off each month and they had to call in to reinstate it? Why not go to AT&T Prepaid (formally GoPhone) or Cricket?

    My relatives only use H2O for one time use with the Ebay prefunded sim cards.
    I do not see a Red Pocket forum, perhaps I'm missing something? I was with Cricket for a year and half, had problems with them too, mostly slow data speeds and even though I was on auto-pay every two or three months my service would deactivate and I'd have to call to get auto-pay working again. That's why I moved to H2O, which besides one hiccup last year was perfect up until a couple months ago. MVNO's are where it's at! No problem ever with Straight Talk (both AT&T and Verizon), I was with them for a couple of years or so. I left them due to price and went to Page Plus, again no problem with service, but eventually left for Cricket for a better deal.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,854
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Seems like a lot of this account-related drama could have been avoided with AutoPay. Why are you not on AutoPay? With prepaid, if you don't pay, you don't get service.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    Seems like a lot of this account-related drama could have been avoided with AutoPay. Why are you not on AutoPay?
    I WAS on auto-pay the first time it happened last year. I switched to buying pins for that reason and because they can be found cheaper, often much cheaper. As long as an account is paid up (which mine always was after removing auto-pay) it shouldn't matter if you PAY FOR and apply pins or pay with your credit card monthly. I don't see any reason why that should matter. I've never let my service lapse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    With prepaid, if you don't pay, you don't get service.
    It's like you didn't even read my post, lol. Since I've been using prepaid for several years now and never didn't pay, your comment is moot.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,926
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    0

    The Last Straw... I'm leaving...

    Read thru this before going to red pocket:
    Red pocket account suspended, then suspended again at cycle date http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1898812

    Since you tried Cricket the safest bet is ATT prepaid

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Read thru this before going to red pocket:
    Red pocket account suspended, then suspended again at cycle date http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1898812

    Since you tried Cricket the safest bet is ATT prepaid
    Thanks. Seems the Red Pocket plan in question has limited minutes and or text, if I'm reading between the lines correctly. I would purchase the unlimited everything annual plan. Not sure if that would make a difference. I'm researching it more. I have a hefty unexpected monthly payment now, have to find the cheapest phone plan I can and take a risk to save a few bucks. If H2O reactivated my phone again I would still give them a fourth chance as I've been paying on average around $20 a month for the $30 plan. Since they won't I need to move on.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,313
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sampoot View Post
    Thanks. Seems the Red Pocket plan in question has limited minutes and or text, if I'm reading between the lines correctly. I would purchase the unlimited everything annual plan. Not sure if that would make a difference. I'm researching it more. I have a hefty unexpected monthly payment now, have to find the cheapest phone plan I can and take a risk to save a few bucks. If H2O reactivated my phone again I would still give them a fourth chance as I've been paying on average around $20 a month for the $30 plan. Since they won't I need to move on.
    It seems like maybe you are playing games to pay less, and possibly that contributed to the issue?

    How have you been paying on average around $20 a month for the $30 plan?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It seems like maybe you are playing games to pay less, and possibly that contributed to the issue?

    How have you been paying on average around $20 a month for the $30 plan?
    Yeah, ok then. I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. Playing games? If buying H2O PIN cards, applying those cards to my account where it says "Enter PIN Number" is playing games, then yeah, I'm playing games.. lol. There are all kinds of deals on prepaid cards, through H2O dealers, H20 themselves and private sellers... you just have to look for them.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,338
    Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sampoot View Post
    There are all kinds of deals on prepaid cards, through H2O dealers, H20 themselves and private sellers... you just have to look for them.
    You received text confirmation immediately from H2O whenever you applied them right, and used those confirmations as proof?

    If not I would think your recourse should be with the issuer of those cards, not H2O. By furnishing the confirmation to them they can go to bat for you.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    You received text confirmation immediately from H2O whenever you applied them right, and used those confirmations as proof?

    If not I would think your recourse should be with the issuer of those cards, not H2O. By furnishing the confirmation to them they can go to bat for you.
    H2O does not question the validity of the PIN. They admit the PIN was applied on the lst of the month and my service end date was Oct 1st. Last week, after I lost service, they reinstated the remaining three weeks of service to my account reflecting said PIN. I'm paid up, they have the proof, they don't dispute it. However, somehow my service plan keeps changing to the $60 plan. I guess when it changes, my $30 PIN is rendered invalid. Of course no one seems to know why my plan keeps changing. IF I changed it, I would have HAD TO PAY for it.. and if I paid for it I would have service right now on the $60 plan. I have no service at all, but my account shows I'm on the $60 plane with the expiration date saying "expired". lol. H2O understands this, but has no answer. I'm told there is no way to change your account plan unless you actually add a PIN or pay with a credit card. I did neither, my account shows the plan was changed and I have no service, lol. Twilight Zone?

    I actually spent about an hour online with chat today with a very nice rep who asked tons of questions and said he is forwarding the whole chat log to "upper management" and that they will be in touch for sure. We shall see, so far nothing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34
    Feedback Score
    0
    My service is up and running again, with an extra week tacked on. However, they only gave me 1GB data, when I had used far less than 500MB this month, but oh well. Here's the excuse they gave me this time as to why my plan keeps changes, "dealer error", a third party dealer has been changing it by mistake. I'm not sure I buy this, but we shall see. I fully expect that line to be deactivated again. Will update if it happens.

    Thanks for the responses.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    4,926
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    0
    One more thing: Paying for an annual plan is risky in my opinion, since prices are dropping fast on MVNOs and one year is a long time, and there's a small chance the provider may go out of business.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,854
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sampoot View Post
    It's like you didn't even read my post, lol. Since I've been using prepaid for several years now and never didn't pay, your comment is moot.
    No. My point was that when you give a prepaid provider reason to doubt your payment, by making it manually or not making it in advance if that's an option, you risk losing service. I know you don't see it that way. But paying automatically or well in advance is how I learned to operate in 14 years of prepaid use, with 3 family members' accounts. In all that time, I have never had a gap in service that wasn't my fault.
    Last edited by Churner; 09-16-2017 at 05:57 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,936
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    The Last Straw... I'm leaving...

    Quote Originally Posted by sampoot View Post
    I do not see a Red Pocket forum, perhaps I'm missing something? I was with Cricket for a year and half, had problems with them too, mostly slow data speeds and even though I was on auto-pay every two or three months my service would deactivate and I'd have to call to get auto-pay working again. That's why I moved to H2O, which besides one hiccup last year was perfect up until a couple months ago. MVNO's are where it's at! No problem ever with Straight Talk (both AT&T and Verizon), I was with them for a couple of years or so. I left them due to price and went to Page Plus, again no problem with service, but eventually left for Cricket for a better deal.
    Cricket has made a lot of changes. They run on AT&T servers now and my friends haven’t had a single issue since the changeover. Still the same 8 Mbps but the pings are in the low 40s for them. No complaints. I would seriously give them a second chance.

    If you still have doubts. Prepaid service directly through the mothership company is the best bet if you want to stick with prepaid. I’ve been with Verizon prepaid for quite awhile and it’s the same service as postpaid, just different pricing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The last straw... Goodbye t-mobile
    By desertbunny in forum Provider Rants, Kudos and Recommendations
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 10:17 PM
  2. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 11:57 PM
  3. Thats the last straw!!!!
    By cypher101 in forum Motorola
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 08:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks