Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Last Straw... I'm leaving...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Cricket has made a lot of changes. They run on AT&T servers now and my friends haven’t had a single issue since the changeover. Still the same 8 Mbps but the pings are in the low 40s for them. No complaints. I would seriously give them a second chance.

If you still have doubts. Prepaid service directly through the mothership company is the best bet if you want to stick with prepaid. I’ve been with Verizon prepaid for quite awhile and it’s the same service as postpaid, just different pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Verizon prepaid doesn't have the same coverage as postpaid, but I have yet not encountered that with my prepaid service. I haven't had any real road trips with prepaid.

Cricket coverage has added some roaming. But you have to pay extra for hotspot.
    I now have the 7+, continuing my pattern of buying every other iPhone generation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    No. My point was that when you give a prepaid provider reason to doubt your payment, by making it manually or not making it in advance if that's an option, you risk losing service. I know you don't see it that way. But paying automatically or well in advance is how I learned to operate in 14 years of prepaid use, with 3 family members' accounts. In all that time, I have never had a gap in service that wasn't my fault.
    I don't see it this way because it isn't this way. Your comments are bizarre. PAYING for something in advance is not giving a prepaid provider reason to "doubt your payment", if anything it's the EXACT opposite. In fact for many years it was the ONLY way to pay for Prepaid. And if you read my whole post through, you would certainly know there was no gap in service. I've NEVER had a gap in service, not on Net-10, Straight Talk, Page Plus, Cricket or H20. The problem has/had nothing to do with payment or a gap in service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    One more thing: Paying for an annual plan is risky in my opinion, since prices are dropping fast on MVNOs and one year is a long time, and there's a small chance the provider may go out of business.
    This is true. But there is something to say for not having that upfront monthly payment.. even if it's just an illusion, lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Cricket has made a lot of changes. They run on AT&T servers now and my friends haven’t had a single issue since the changeover. Still the same 8 Mbps but the pings are in the low 40s for them. No complaints. I would seriously give them a second chance.

If you still have doubts. Prepaid service directly through the mothership company is the best bet if you want to stick with prepaid. I’ve been with Verizon prepaid for quite awhile and it’s the same service as postpaid, just different pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, H2O told me the issue was a dealer accidentally changing the plan on the wrong account. Not sure I believe them because this is the third reason they've given me now. However, since I've only had a couple other glitches with them over an almost three year period, I'm going to give them one more shot and see if they really fixed it the issues this time. Thanks.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    One more thing: Paying for an annual plan is risky in my opinion, since prices are dropping fast on MVNOs and one year is a long time, and there's a small chance the provider may go out of business.
    5 points:

In the very unlikely event MintSim (for instance) were to close the door tomorrow many of us have already saved enough to STILL make it cheaper than the 'pay monthly' competition, even with early termination.

In the past it was easy to drop prices, they were arguably overpriced. Now that they've dropped it will become increasingly difficult to drop them further or incrementally as much, in fact they may be bottoming which assures the longer prepaids will remain untouchable. We're already seeing carriers electing to boost data and 'frills' but are keeping prices steady ... really no benefit to many who are content with their present, lower consumption levels.

Prepaying long term reduces monthly payment screw ups be it cards, forgetfulness, bank changes, etc. Much less hassle short of autopay.

Monthly prepay plans cost more and in effect subsidize the discounts passed on to 6 mth and 1 yr prepaids. To those monthly customers I say thank you, we couldn't do it without you.

Finally, any suggestion there's rate risk or solvency issues could be construed as self-serving. Many here play the Cricket referral game which of course is jeopardized ... or competes against ... these new attractive long term options.

Feedback Score
    Not fail-safe but if an MVNO has been in business for 5+ years. The odds are good vs not.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    And here we go once again!!!! No service as of late last night, lol. You can't make this stuff up! Amazing!!

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    That's with h20? Who do they run off of

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sampoot View Post
    And here we go once again!!!! No service as of late last night, lol. You can't make this stuff up! Amazing!!
    How many last straws do you have?
    Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame shame again (George W Bush) lol. When will you bail?
    Last edited by blacksurfer; 09-18-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Time to give it rest....
    Just move on to Red Pocket.
    h2o just isn't working out.

Feedback Score

My ongoing H2O saga.. BE CAREFULL!

After having my H2O service deactivated THREE times in the past two and a half weeks and my monthly plan changed I've now been giving FOUR "explanations" from H2O.

1. I was first told it was my fault, that I changed my plan.
    2. Then I was told it was a computer glitch.
    3. Then, a dealer changed my plan by mistake
    4. Today I was told someone logged in from an ISP in Russia and changed it. (I kid you not).

My service is up and running this evening with an extra month tacked on. I'm porting out back to post paid tomorrow. My first two plus years with H20 was good, the last few months were iffy, the last two weeks have been horrible. I cannot understand why they can't figure out what's going on with my account, it just makes no sense.

Have a good one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2