Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No add-on Apple Watch service for Cricket and prepay

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMPhonePhreak View Post
    It’s not Apples fault that MVNOs don’t have the infrastructure? Cricket needs to complete its WiFi calling service and integrate the “calls on other devices feature”.
    Sure it is.... who do you think made the deal with the big 4 to charge $10 month.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone SE, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-260, 310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markus3000 View Post
    Sure it is.... who do you think made the deal with the big 4 to charge $10 month.
    That price seemed to be the sweet spot for postpaid smartwatches on the big four before Apple got involved. Conversely, in other parts of the world, it can be added a bit cheaper (taking currency exchange rates into account). In Canada, where cellular always seems to be priced terribly, adding an Apple Watch to Bell’s plans is CAD$5/month.

Feedback Score
    I'm hoping cricket adds this service. They seem to add things as I want it but maybe a couple months behind me wanting it. I wanted more data and a few months later they answered that for no extra cost. I wanted unlimited so I didn't have to worry about data and then I got it but they took away my hotpot then. A couple months later I got the hotspot back for an extra $10 which is fine with me. Now I'd like to have the Apple Watch on cellular. Cant right now but hopefully soon.

Those of you that hate on the watch I'm sort of with you yet the watch offers some very unique features that sell it for me. I had bought the original Apple Watch when they first sold and sold it after a few months because it sat on my nightstand. Usability just wasn't there yet. I told myself I wouldn't get one until they fixed some of the issues. Speed, battery life, and cellular connectivity were some of those issues. They have fixed a lot of these problems year after year but the last thing was the cellular.

For me its very freeing to be able to leave my house without my phone or wallet and go through a whole day, I can buy stuff, listen to music, make calls and txt all from the watch. Also being able to keep the watch on me at times that I wouldn't want my phone is nice also, like when I'm snowboarding, mountain biking, surfing, kiteboarding, hiking or working out. These are all things I can do with an Apple Watch. If I break the Apple Watch I'm out a few hundred versus closer to a thousand. Also most people would rush out to fix or replace a phone that was broken were as an Apple Watch you can replace or repair as the budget dictates and not have to get it done like a phone.

Just my thoughts. Mind you outside of the Apple Watch I don't wear watches and haven't since maybe the 7th grade. I'm 33 now. So its been a while. I say these things because I didn't think I'd like one and I know a lot of people that really like the newer watches that didn't like them before.

Feedback Score
    Do you guys not realize that Cricket is just bargain-bin wireless service? Why would they carry a product that nobody uses? They would sell a hotspot before selling a watch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    Do you guys not realize that Cricket is just bargain-bin wireless service? Why would they carry a product that nobody uses? They would sell a hotspot before selling a watch.
    "The tech giant sold 6 million Apple Watch units worldwide during the fourth quarter, according to research firm Canalys. Apple Watch unit sales were up 12% year over year, according to the research firm. In total, 9 million smartwatches were sold worldwide during the period.Feb 8, 2017"

Honestly I think there are more Apple Watch users then people that use the hotspot feature. Out of everyone I know I'm about the only one that uses a hotspot and even I don't use it that often because I am almost always around wifi as are most people nowadays. They may be a "bargain-bin" wireless but they are a very god value compared to others and has very few compromises. Even if I made millions I don't see much of a point in going with the big wireless companies versus cricket, at least in my experience. I've been hugely satisfied with their service. Especially compared to Verizon which is what I had before. My speed is about the same as Verizon and I get better signal in doors and Theres only one spot I go that Verizon gets service and I don't and I don't go there often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2