Thread: New Xiaomi Phones on Sprint?

Device(s)
    Samsung Rant
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

New Xiaomi Phones on Sprint?

The Mi Mix 2 is about 1/2 the price of the iPhone X w/o the OLED screen. No 3.5mm jack. Looks likc it will run on Sprint.https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/.../#39f808e86478

The Mi A1 appears to be a stock Android device that will only work on Sprint band 41 (LTE only)? $245. Wow 5.5" screen with a 3.5mm jack. Does anyone know whether a global version is coming?

Device(s)
    Samsung Rant
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Both phone lack CDMA voice bands? It appears to me that the Mi Mix 2 has all non-China bands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
    Both phone lack CDMA voice bands? It appears to me that the Mi Mix 2 has all non-China bands.
    I stand corrected - you are right. I found a spec. for it that shows:

3G:CDMA EVDO,BC0,BC1,BC6,BC10

I will delete my earlier post.

It even includes BC10, Sprint's 800 MHz voice phone band that often gets left out.

However, will they pay to get the phone certified by Sprint? They must be at least considering it to put in bands such as that.

Otherwise the only way you will be able to use it on Sprint is if you can get a store manger to manually add it to the database (whitelisting) because Sprint controls every phone allowed to connect to its network by IMEI. Even Verizon S8's cannot be used on Sprint because they are not in the database even though they have the needed bands. A very few people have got their Verizon S8's whitelisted by sympathetic store managers but they are the exception.

I agree that it will be a real game-changer and a great development if it does end up that their phones can be used on Sprint!
    Last edited by comintel; 09-16-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    I stand corrected - you are right. I found a spec. for it that shows:

3G:CDMA EVDO,BC0,BC1,BC6,BC10

I will delete my earlier post.

It even includes BC10, Sprint's 800 MHz voice phone band that often gets left out.

However, will they pay to get the phone certified by Sprint? They must be at least considering it to put in bands such as that.

Otherwise the only way you will be able to use it on Sprint is if you can get a store manger to manually add it to the database (whitelisting) because Sprint controls every phone allowed to connect to its network by IMEI. Even Verizon S8's cannot be used on Sprint because they are not in the database even though they have the needed bands. A very few people have got their Verizon S8's whitelisted by sympathetic store managers but they are the exception.

I agree that it will be a real game-changer and a great development if it does end up that their phones can be used on Sprint!
    I honestly doubt they will since they won't be selling be phone officially in the us. It will probably end up like the Axon 7. Sprint should just allow phones capable of being used though it's just backwards. But it's nice hearing that Xiaomi is making universal lte phones now. I've owned a few like the mi 2 and mi3 they make great phones and I really enjoyed miui.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto Zap View Post
    I honestly doubt they will since they won't be selling be phone officially in the us. It will probably end up like the Axon 7. Sprint should just allow phones capable of being used though it's just backwards. But it's nice hearing that Xiaomi is making universal lte phones now. I've owned a few like the mi 2 and mi3 they make great phones and I really enjoyed miui.

Where did you order from? Recommend ordering directing from them?

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Mephisto Zap;16903867]I honestly doubt they will since they won't be selling be phone officially in the us. It will probably end up like the Axon 7. Sprint should just allow phones capable of being used though it's just backwards. But it's nice hearing that Xiaomi is making universal lte phones now. I've owned a few like the mi 2 and mi3 they make great phones and I really enjoyed miui.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/Where did you order from? Recommend ordering directing from them?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder View Post
    Well I bought all of mine second hand off of amazon ebay and swappa. They don't officially sell phones outside of the few places they actually sell phones. There's a lot of online shops that do resell them. You should be careful though some aren't very great I've read. Some are. Though most of these phones don't have the proper us lte bands and the few that do are expensive most cheaper phones only get 3G. It's almost better to just buy a phone directly from a manufacturer in the us. I tend to buy nice condition used flag ship phones off of ebay.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lawandorder View Post
    Well I bought all of mine second hand off of amazon ebay and swappa. They don't officially sell phones outside of the few places they actually sell phones. There's a lot of online shops that do resell them. You should be careful though some aren't very great I've read. Some are. Though most of these phones don't have the proper us lte bands and the few that do are expensive most cheaper phones only get 3G. It's almost better to just buy a phone directly from a manufacturer in the us. I tend to buy nice condition used off of ebay. Just picked up a unlocked 6s for the sprint free byod deal for $230 in almost mint condition. And it had a new battery.

Device(s)
    Samsung Rant
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Mi Mix 2 sold out in less than a minute. Next sale September 21.

Need to be careful to get international or 'global'" (non-China) version.

It may take another month to 6 weeks for supplies in sufficient quantities to allow greater mix if global version.