Thread: Switched to Telus

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Switched to Telus

Changed carriers a couple of days ago. Since the Bell buyout of MTS in MB, suddenly Telus has access to the entire network.

Rogers didn't have a Canada-US plan and they also raised the price of roam like home so I decided to give Telus a shot. Plus Bell/Telus just built a new tower less than a mile from my house which should be nice, although with the network agreement in MB, Rogers will likely have access to that tower too.

Either way, my monthly bill has gone down, I have unlimited Canada/US calling and roaming in the US and international roaming is still only $10 per day.

I guess Rogers wasn't paying me enough to be a "shill" on this forum, eh TadMorose? Can't wait until I have a positive experience with Telus so you can start accusing them of paying me for positive feedback.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
    Changed carriers a couple of days ago. Since the Bell buyout of MTS in MB, suddenly Telus has access to the entire network.

Rogers didn't have a Canada-US plan and they also raised the price of roam like home so I decided to give Telus a shot. Plus Bell/Telus just built a new tower less than a mile from my house which should be nice, although with the network agreement in MB, Rogers will likely have access to that tower too.

Either way, my monthly bill has gone down, I have unlimited Canada/US calling and roaming in the US and international roaming is still only $10 per day.

I guess Rogers wasn't paying me enough to be a "shill" on this forum, eh TadMorose? Can't wait until I have a positive experience with Telus so you can start accusing them of paying me for positive feedback.
    I got the Canada-US plan as few months ago as well. I haven't be able to use it in the states yet, but I will be using it pretty soon here!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    I've been here in MB for a few days on business, and was very curious about the RAN situation with the MTS buyout. At this point, it seems like Telus is the best network to be on right now, as it has access to the BellMTS network and Telus' network throughout the province, though when both are an option UE will always stay on Telus' own nodes. Bell was interesting as it seems like they aren't using Telus' RAN now, even when Telus has a stronger signal/closer site (YMMV, but I tried and couldn't get on at all). As far as I could tell, Rogers is still fully sharing RAN with BellMTS, speeds and coverage have improved greatly on Rogers compared to last year when I was here.

Telus will hand down to 3G for calls when on BellMTS RAN, VoLTE otherwise. My only issue with Telus would be that it hangs on to very fringe band 7 when using mid band would be more optimal for speeds, but still by far the most optimal experience. Kudos to the folks who have grandfathered MTS unlimited that were moved to Telus.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I’m a very happy Telus customer!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

Device(s)
    HTC One M8, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylay14 View Post
    I got the Canada-US plan as few months ago as well. I haven't be able to use it in the states yet, but I will be using it pretty soon here!
    It is an awesome all around plan. I used to use Easy Roam all the time and had no problem paying $7 a day. But with the Canada/US plan its great knowing you can use up in Canada to call and text to USA on top of roaming in the USA.
    I can be in Canada/US and use in Canada/US for $75 taxes in. Thank god I'm on a corporate plan.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Nicely done OP. Welcome to reliability

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    So far so good, only issue is caller ID from non-telus non-landline numbers just show up as "No Caller ID" which is weird.

The support guy said it had to do with the iPhone and to backup and restore the device. But I'm currently installing ios 11, hopefully that will fix it.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8, iPad mini 2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
    So far so good, only issue is caller ID from non-telus non-landline numbers just show up as "No Caller ID" which is weird.

The support guy said it had to do with the iPhone and to backup and restore the device. But I'm currently installing ios 11, hopefully that will fix it.
    I called my cell (Telus) from my landline (Shaw) and my name and first letter of my last name showed up.
    My friend called me (cell) from her work landline (don't know) and her last name, first name showed up.
    I have had many calls (shows number) and the city they are calling from.

So its hit or miss for me. I like the idea that my home landline shows my first name and last name first letter. Not everyone has my landline number. This is useful when I'm at home (cell coverage sucks) and they call my cell, I don't pick up, and call them back with my landline.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gong_8 View Post
    I called my cell (Telus) from my landline (Shaw) and my name and first letter of my last name showed up.
    My friend called me (cell) from her work landline (don't know) and her last name, first name showed up.
    I have had many calls (shows number) and the city they are calling from.

So its hit or miss for me. I like the idea that my home landline shows my first name and last name first letter. Not everyone has my landline number. This is useful when I'm at home (cell coverage sucks) and they call my cell, I don't pick up, and call them back with my landline.
    If you’re referring to name display see thred

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...isplay-Finally

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    It wasn't my phone, was something on their end since when I'd put my SIM card into my old iPhone 5S the problem persisted.

The tech support people were very helpful though and they ended up getting it working. I contacted support on Tuesday evening and by Wednesday morning it was fixed.

Pretty happy so far.