Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cricket plan changes? Anyone else see this?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

Cricket plan changes? Anyone else see this?

I'm guessing the next change won't be lower prices but increased data. Basic should go to 6gb IMO.
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    I'm guessing the next change won't be lower prices but increased data. Basic should go to 6gb IMO.
    I agree prices across the board have pretty much bottomed (except for the insane temp promos from carriers like Sprint) and now it's about increasing data buckets.

Device(s)
    Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    I could see dropping the price on the "Unlimited 2" to $45 or $50 to make it more attractive, especially for single lines and lines on the family discount. The $5 difference isn't really enough to keep people on the slower unlimited if for $5 more they can get HD video and faster data. The "slower" unlimited is still more expensive than a fully unlimited plan on MetroPCS as well, and dropping it down to $50 could help; going all the way down to $45 and advertising as "get a better network with unlimited data for less than MetroPCS" could really push customers over if they're wanting to push their unlimited 2 plan heavily.

I don't think they want to make the $30 plan all that more attractive (maybe a bump to 2GB to compete with MetroPCS?,) and especially with the heavy family discounts they probably don't want to go lower than $40 for the minimum cost for a family plan-eligible line anyways. I'd love to see them remove the 8Mbps cap as well to compete on that aspect with MetroPCS, but in all honesty I don't think most people that Cricket and MetroPCS are targeting really care too much about that differentiation.
    Not bad for a free unlimited line from Sprint!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2