Thread: Grandfathered 20 gigs data

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Grandfathered 20 gigs data

Ive been with cricket a long time. i have the 20 gigs of data and i pay 60 bucks a month but now i noticed you get unlimited everything for 60 bucks a month lol. Can i just change to the all unlimited plan at any time?

Device(s)
    OnePlus One
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    As long as it is available. Of course you won't be able to go back to the 20GB plan, although I don't know why you want to.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, thanks for the reply.. i didn't realize there was an unlimited plan for the price ive been paying for 20 gigs. crazy!

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Is it TRUE unlimted though? lol.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Unlimited with Cricket is been around for a long time now.. It used to be $70, now is $60 as of March 1st, 2017. $55 if you do Auto Pay.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Only thing is you can add official tethering plan for $10 more to your 20GB data but not the unlimited data plan.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Priv
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Unlimited
    Feedback Score
    There's a 22GB soft cap where, once you hit it, your line's data is deprioritized during times of congestion. You also lose the ability to add hotspot to the plan (I really wish they'd at least allow a small allotment for free or a decent allotment for $10.)

If you don't need hotspot, it's a better deal because you get two more GB at full speed without deprioritization, and after you hit that 22GB mark you only see slowdowns when the network is congested, and you'd almost always see faster than the 128Kbps that you see all the time once you hit your cap on the non-unlimited plans.
    Internet on a Blackberry Priv with the Cricket 8Mbps plan. Not bad for a $20 fifth line on the family plan!

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Cricket will eventually have to include at least a 5GB Hotspot for $60. Other carriers offers a 8GB Hotspot on their $60 plans and up.

Feedback Score
    The issue might be, and I reiterate... might be that if you do tether unofficially on the 20 GB plan, I'm not sure Cricket really cares. Because it is never allowed on the unlimited plan you might have a better chance of getting popped for it.

Feedback Score
    When I had the 20 GB plan, I tethered (usually less than 400 MB/month) and never heard a chirp from Cricket.

Device(s)
    Cricket note 4's-vzw note 4-tmb rugby 3
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huntram View Post
    The issue might be, and I reiterate... might be that if you do tether unofficially on the 20 GB plan, I'm not sure Cricket really cares. Because it is never allowed on the unlimited plan you might have a better chance of getting popped for it.
    Good point.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+ SnapFon3G
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Pure Talk
    Feedback Score
    I still have the $60 (I pay $55) 20GB Advanced plan. The current $60 "Unlimited" plan would give me 2 more GB before it slows my speed. However, the Cricket Unlimited plan description says that 8GB high speed data is included when using the hotspot. On my grand-fathered Advanced plan I assume I would get 20GB high speed data using the hotspot. Can anyone confirm this ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Grandfathered 20 gigs data

Quote Originally Posted by MVNO lover View Post
    I still have the $60 (I pay $55) 20GB Advanced plan. The current $60 "Unlimited" plan will give me 2 more GB before it slows my speed. However, the Cricket Unlimited plan description says that 8GB high speed data is included when using the hotspot. On my grand-fathered Advanced plan I assume I would get 20GB high speed data using the hotspot. Can anyone confirm this ?
    The 8gb is for the hotspot add on

“If you have the Unlimited plan, you'll get 8 GB of Mobile Hotspot data usage per month; after 8 GB of Mobile Hotspot data usage, tethering speeds are slowed to 128 Kbps for the rest of the billing cycle.”

Quote Originally Posted by Slagish View Post
    Only thing is you can add official tethering plan for $10 more to your 20GB data but not the unlimited data plan.
    As of this morning it is an option for the unlimited plan

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MVNO lover View Post
    I still have the $60 (I pay $55) 20GB Advanced plan. The current $60 "Unlimited" plan would give me 2 more GB before it slows my speed. However, the Cricket Unlimited plan description says that 8GB high speed data is included when using the hotspot. On my grand-fathered Advanced plan I assume I would get 20GB high speed data using the hotspot. Can anyone confirm this ?
    Yes, I assumed the same thing (20gb of hotspot on advanced plan, vs 8gb on current one). Still, in my case, the new plan is better (since I gain unlimited data for the phone).