Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T-mob charges $10/mo if you want to switch carriers...

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

T-mob charges $10/mo if you want to switch carriers...

I am fed up with poor building penetration and reception from T-mobile. I contacted them saying I want to cancel service. However I still owe $500 on my phone. They are going to charge $10/month (to keep a line open) along with the $30/month until the phone is paid off.

Is that common?

Feedback Score
    I don't know if it's common. What would you have them do?
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Feedback Score
    Sounds like TMobile is being pretty generous in that situation. Basically only charging you $10 and letting you make payments since you owe for the phone anyways and get to keep it in the end

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    What payment plan are you buying your phone with? JUMP! On Demand has a Lifetime Coverage Guarantee.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You agreed to pay for a phone that cost X amount of money, of course if you want to cancel you have to pay that off. Now if you're switching carriers, most will pay the majority of your balance if you buy a phone from them, so instead of just cancelling you should port your number to a new carrier and take advantage of those deals. Another option is to just pay off the phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score

T-mob charges $10/mo if you want to switch carriers...

Why are you suddenly fed up now? Didn't you know in the first 15 days that tmobile signal sucks? I tried them once and had to run back to ATT signal in less than a week.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Why are you suddenly fed up now? Didn't you know in the first 15 days that tmobile signal sucks? I tried them once and had to run back to ATT signal in less than a week.
    T-Mobile doesn't suck for everyone. With as much cricket as you try to sell here it's no wonder you would say that

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I assumed I would have to pay the phone off of course. That extra $10/month surprised me though.

I don't want to get another phone with an Intel modem is the reason I don't want to switch carriers and let them pay if off.

I fell for the constant "we're updating towers near you" comments. I figured it would get better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    T-Mobile doesn't suck for everyone. With as much cricket as you try to sell here it's no wonder you would say that
    At this time, unfortunately, Cricket has a better signal for more people in more places than T-Mobile. But this is changing: Cricket is standing still and T-Mobile is catching up.

I had to switch from Cricket to T-Mobile this spring in order to get good international roaming. I got a real good T-Mobile deal in the process, one I don't want to throw away by switching back and forth. Along the way, I've found out that while I had no problems with Cricket support, T-Mobile support is light-years better*. I'm sticking it out with T-Mobile as they fill in the coverage gaps, for now.

* There's a lot of other little things with T-Mobile that I notice: hotspot is cheaper and FAR better than how Cricket does it.. T-Mobile makes very detailed records available to me for my phone call history, and none from Cricket. And... FREE TOWELS!

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T-mobile is doing some nice things here and there. However, when people keep telling me I keep cutting in and out during phone calls, when I can't connect to Internet inside buildings, when my wife can't reach me at her new job where her other co-workers with AT&T can, it all adds up and becomes frustrating.

When my wife has "had enough" you know it's bad!

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    At this time, unfortunately, Cricket has a better signal for more people in more places than T-Mobile. But this is changing: Cricket is standing still and T-Mobile is catching up.

I had to switch from Cricket to T-Mobile this spring in order to get good international roaming. I got a real good T-Mobile deal in the process, one I don't want to throw away by switching back and forth. Along the way, I've found out that while I had no problems with Cricket support, T-Mobile support is light-years better*. I'm sticking it out with T-Mobile as they fill in the coverage gaps, for now.

* There's a lot of other little things with T-Mobile that I notice: hotspot is cheaper and FAR better than how Cricket does it.. T-Mobile makes very detailed records available to me for my phone call history, and none from Cricket. And... FREE TOWELS!
    That's similar to how I feel. Definitely staying with T-Mobile since they steadily get better and they already work well for me

600 will be the icing on the cake

Also, any issue I've had in the past are gone and haven't come back

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just to reiterate my point, I am at the store right now. My wife was trying to call me and couldn't get through.

Don't know what happened but my phone finally rang after she tried me a few times.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post
    T-mobile is doing some nice things here and there. However, when people keep telling me I keep cutting in and out during phone calls, when I can't connect to Internet inside buildings, when my wife can't reach me at her new job where her other co-workers with AT&T can, it all adds up and becomes frustrating.

When my wife has "had enough" you know it's bad!
    I have Band 12 T-Mobile, and the building penetration seems somewhat better than Cricket. (I had Sprint also, and it had zero building penetration anywhere)

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had to fiddle around with my internet settings to look up something online (turn off LTE, had to sign in or something to connect to Target wifi, showed LTE so tried it, couldn't connect so turned off LTE, finally 4g and I can look up something.

With AT&T we had no issues like this (well that we remember)!

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I was trying to price match an item, and I asked the woman helping me which carrier she has (she didn't seem to have a problem with her Internet in the store as she was price matching. She uses Verizon and never has issues in the store she said.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast