Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T-mob charges $10/mo if you want to switch carriers...

Carrier(s)
    Ma bell and tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm finding T-Mobile penetration to be better than att now with how dense T-Mobile seems
    Sent from my windows phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    I'm finding T-Mobile penetration to be better than att now with how dense T-Mobile seems
    I've dealt with dense carriers before. But this is refreshing.

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    That's what I'm afraid of. VZ unlimited is too expensive.

However my wife was in a training the other day, and all of her co-workers around her with AT&T could use their phones as normal. My wife and another co-worker on T-mo couldn't call, text, or use Internet off wifi.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Are you guys talking about cell service or a dirty movie 😃

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post

However my wife was in a training the other day, and all of her co-workers around her with AT&T could use their phones as normal. My wife and another co-worker on T-mo couldn't call, text, or use Internet off wifi.
    Yeah location makes a big difference. Some areas att is better others may be T-Mobile Verizon or even sprint

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes I know area makes a difference. Unless AT&T has gone to crap I'm ready to switch back though. I don't remember all these problems with AT&T at all.

I thought my intel modem was to blame in the 7plus, but my wife has issues as well. Mine performs worse than her old 6 plus!

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Did you tell us where you are located? Also, have you asked about the Lifetime Coverage Guarantee wrt your account?
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Did you tell us where you are located? Also, have you asked about the Lifetime Coverage Guarantee wrt your account?
    I'm in Dallas. Last week we were in Houston, same poor results with buildings.

I'm not sure what the lifetime coverage guarantee is. I'm on the 2 lines unlimited for $100 plan (since March).

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Oh in Texas att seems best overall from the times I've visited

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I'm in Dallas. Last week we were in Houston, same poor results with buildings.

I'm not sure what the lifetime coverage guarantee is. I'm on the 2 lines unlimited for $100 plan (since March).
    In Dallas and Houston T-Mobile has band-12 service, so if your phone has band-12, and it should, you're getting the best service that T-Mobile offers. Here's Lifetime Coverage Guarantee info: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23903

T-Mobile tends to set up their networks to maximize system capacity. There's a trade-off with range and building penetration when doing this and T-Mobile opts for capacity. They say. "Built for unlimited", not, "Built to reach the 3rd sub-basement." I live in an area where T-Mobile does not have band-12 and I generally look for WiFi when I'm in a big box store.

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I will say that my daughter was able to watch YouTube and Hulu in the car just fine the whole way. T-mobile works great outdoors and fine I guess in the car.

Frustrating that inside most buildings and even my house it's so poor. I was at the mall waiting for my wife and daughter to do some make-up shopping, and everyone else walking around me could use their phone. I couldn't do anything! Longest hour and a half ever haha!

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It tried to log in to Targets wifi. They wanted me to sign in, which I hadn't had to do before that I remember. I was in a rush, so that led me to tinker with the Internet settings. Never had to do that with AT&T. It's like to get T-Mobile to work okay it's more work on the user's part.

Also, wifi calling drains my battery incredibly fast!

Feedback Score
    I reread the OP. So TM wants 10 + 30 a month to "keep a line open". I don't know what that means. Will TM still have your #? What kind of plan are you getting for 40? Is this simply a coverage issue or a $ issue as well?

There's always going to be gotta's with postpaid.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude. I fear fascism is here in the US. [fascism: government led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition & criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., & emphasizing an aggressive nationalism & often racism]

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB
    AirVoice (AT&T) $20mo UTnT 50MB
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp ext
    Tello (Sprint) $5 1+call/3mo=no exp x2

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm on the 2 for $100 unlimited plan. My phone's installments are $30/month making the total bill $130/month.

So they want to charge me my phone installment of $30 (completely understandable) AND some extra $10/month charge until I pay the remaining balance off. Still have like $500 left.

Feedback Score
    And TM will unlock the phone & let you take your phone & # elsewhere? And the other line stays at 50 & unlimited?

If the above is true you got a deal, take it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast