Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T-mob charges $10/mo if you want to switch carriers...

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post
    Oh, forgot to mention my parents both have AT&T (using 5s and 6s), and both use their phones fine inside stores. My dad goes to the store for my mom often, and he is constantly calling with questions about what to get (Walmart, Sams, etc). Again, not sure if Tmobile is to blame or Intel modem in newer phones.
    Oh and not trying to convince you to keep T-Mobile, just an option that works for me that's not too expensive.

Do what's best for you that you will be happy with

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    I didn't say it sucked for everyone. I was asking the OP didn't he (personally) notice the signal didn't have good penetration during the return period. As for trying to sell Cricket, the signature is static...no apologies.
    I like your posts. You give out a lot of good advice on all the carriers from what I've seen. Nothing wrong with promoting a certain brand.

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

As far as noticing bad areas during the return period, I was out of town the first week and didn't use my phone much inside buildings.

When I got back I had 3 weeks. I called right away, and they gave me the whole updating towers spill. They said tower should be done in a week. So then I had 2 weeks.

I called again, and they told me to contact Apple. That didn't help. We really needed to save the extra money so I told myself I'll just have to do more work (mess with settings if I am in a store, try wifi calling).

My wife recently got a much better job so we are willing to spend a little more money for what we hope is better service (AT&T).

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score

As far as noticing bad areas during the return period, I was out of town the first week and didn't use my phone much inside buildings.

When I got back I had 3 weeks. I called right away, and they gave me the whole updating towers spill. They said tower should be done in a week. So then I had 2 weeks.

I called again, and they told me to contact Apple. That didn't help. We really needed to save the extra money so I told myself I'll just have to do more work (mess with settings if I am in a store, try wifi calling).

My wife recently got a much better job so we are willing to spend a little more money for what we hope is better service (AT&T).
    If the wife is happy with the decision you can't go wrong 😃

Happy wife happy life

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+, Google Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I assumed I would have to pay the phone off of course. That extra $10/month surprised me though.

I don't want to get another phone with an Intel modem is the reason I don't want to switch carriers and let them pay if off.

I fell for the constant "we're updating towers near you" comments. I figured it would get better.
    Lol... The 'We never stop' and 'We are upgrading towers in your area' is lingo for we can't tell you that we are fixing your issue, but here's a little distraction. I've heard literally hundreds of those from TMo. On the flip side... If you're leaving TMo, they expect you to pay off your line and devices. They are effectively letting you have a voice/text line to keep the monthly payments at your request.

Sent from my LG-H872 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    If the wife is happy with the decision you can't go wrong 😃

Happy wife happy life
    Ain't that the truth?! Yes she was all excited about saving money with T-Mobile, and the little annoyances didn't bother her until recently where T-Mobile struggles at her job.

Feedback Score
    As others have mentioned, it depends so much on the location. Maybe AT&T is great in your area and that's what matters to you but there are a lot of places where T-Mobile is better too. That's why it's nice to have a backup, especially if you have to pay $10 anyway if you cancel your line.

People will rip on the "We won't stop" ads and sure, it's marketing. But I have seen a HUGE improvement in T-Mobile over the last couple of years so they're only going to get better. Where I live was almost all EDGE or roaming 3 years ago. Now it's all LTE whereas AT&T is STILL mostly HSPA+ "4G" like they were in 2014. Verizon still also has large areas of 3G locally despite what their map says. So T-Mobile really is improving. As for the other carriers, I really wonder where all that capex spending goes because it sure isn't going where I live.

You should look into the dual sim adapter- they work great. You can also easily forward your calls right from phone settings to the other number if you want to use the second sim etc.

Feedback Score

Yeah, they always say that... It took them 10 years to cover my parent's house (indoors) in Dallas and it still doesn't get signal everywhere around the house. Life's too short to choose a carrier based on a future promise to improve that may never materialize.

AT&T is the best overall in TX, so you should have no real issues with them especially if they worked for you before.

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I see both sides, but I am leaning more towards if I am paying money for something, I want the best I can afford now (not in the future). I could always go back to T-Mobile in a couple of years.

I have a 5 year-old daughter, and I don't want my wife or me to be in an emeergency situation and not be able to call or text out.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    I see both sides, but I am leaning more towards if I am paying money for something, I want the best I can afford now (not in the future). I could always go back to T-Mobile in a couple of years.

I have a 5 year-old daughter, and I don't want my wife or me to be in an emeergency situation and not be able to call or text out.
    Just a suggestion but if you are confident that AT&T is where you need to be just go there.

Take that extra money your wife is making and knock out the device payment plan. You can then unlock your phones.

Then, go with the 2 line 80.00 unlimited plan Cricket has to save a few more bucks. Yes, it's capped at 3Mbps download but so what.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Just a suggestion but if you are confident that AT&T is where you need to be just go there.

Take that extra money your wife is making and knock out the device payment plan. You can then unlock your phones.

Then, go with the 2 line 80.00 unlimited plan Cricket has to save a few more bucks. Yes, it's capped at 3Mbps download but so what.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Well my daughter streams videos in the car often. Also I check Instagram often. Can 3mbps handle those okay?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Well my daughter streams videos in the car often. Also I check Instagram often. Can 3mbps handle those okay?
    480p video will be fine. You would hardly notice on Facebook or Instagram.

Peek in the Cricket thread, it's discussed and there's is also a YouTube review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    They have a 8Mbps plan too if you find that 3Mbps isn't fast enough.

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the Cricket suggestions. I'll look into it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    Yeah, they always say that... It took them 10 years to cover my parent's house (indoors) in Dallas and it still doesn't get signal everywhere around the house. Life's too short to choose a carrier based on a future promise to improve that may never materialize.

AT&T is the best overall in TX, so you should have no real issues with them especially if they worked for you before.
    I tried the "wait and see if they fix their crap service in my area" approach. Well 3 years later I had to switch to another carrier to maintain my sanity.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast