Thread: Changing Verizon Plans. Please advise!

Feedback Score

Changing Verizon Plans. Please advise!

Hello, I am a long time VW customer with 5 line old 2000 min/month plan, 4 iphones (2 with 2Gb/month and 2 with/old grandfathered unlimited data plan) and well as an dumb phone for grandma. All my lines' contract expire on 10/12/17.

What I am now looking for is:

1- upgrade 2 lines to iphone 8
    2- keep 2 lines with existing iphones 6s.
    3- keep the dumb phone line.
    4- add another iphone line for my son (will probably use one old iphone 6 which we already have)/

I know to do this, I will have to loose my 2000 min/month plan as well as 2 unlimited iphone lines.

We consume ~25-30 Gb/month of data so we don't need unlimited actually.

Which plan would you recommend for me to switch to ?

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74 View Post
    Hello, I am a long time VW customer with 5 line old 2000 min/month plan, 4 iphones (2 with 2Gb/month and 2 with/old grandfathered unlimited data plan) and well as an dumb phone for grandma. All my lines' contract expire on 10/12/17.

What I am now looking for is:

1- upgrade 2 lines to iphone 8
    2- keep 2 lines with existing iphones 6s.
    3- keep the dumb phone line.
    4- add another iphone line for my son (will probably use one old iphone 6 which we already have)/

I know to do this, I will have to loose my 2000 min/month plan as well as 2 unlimited iphone lines.

We consume ~25-30 Gb/month of data so we don't need unlimited actually.

Which plan would you recommend for me to switch to ?

Thanks in advance!
    I would never give up the GUDP don't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NougatDude View Post
    I would never give up the GUDP don't do it

Agreed, but I believe price will go up to $49 from $29 once my contract ends on 10/12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74 View Post
    Agreed, but I believe price will go up to $49 from $29 once my contract ends on 10/12.
    If it's not already on it you can change to the loyalty plan and extend the contract a year

Feedback Score
    Change it to "go unlimited" $240 (requires autopay) per month everyone gets unlimited everything all six lines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I would never sign up for go unlimited. That's dvd quality video at 480p. Either keep what you have or go to beyond unlimited plan. You can upgrade the lines that have gUdp and use device payment now and not lose the grandfathered unlimited.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraiser View Post
    I would never sign up for go unlimited. That's dvd quality video at 480p. Either keep what you have or go to beyond unlimited plan. You can upgrade the lines that have gUdp and use device payment now and not lose the grandfathered unlimited.
    Can device payment be set up at an Apple Store?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bojackson89 View Post
    Can device payment be set up at an Apple Store?
    Yes. Online too.

Feedback Score
    Hi guys, I am still struggling with this decision. Spent whole last week researching T-mobile and was nearly ready to switch (its a lot cheaper), but I am worried about no service in buildings, etc.

Problem with most above suggestions is that I have to add another line to my current plan which is the old Nationwide 2000 min. This plan can not have more than 5 lines and I am trying to add the 6th. I am thinking I could put grandma on pre-paid phone and use her line for my another iphone line, but that's going to be a hassle to manage.

I heard there are some unadvertised Verizon plans that employees could offer? Is that a possibility?

Another thing, it seems Verizon store employes are I tried dealing with are either clueless, lazy or uninterested in helping me. I wish I could find someone who would actually spend some time and figure out what is the best plan for me.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Whenever you switch carriers do two things. Get a prepaid sim and check out the service where you spend the most time at (work, home, wherever, and commutes). Also ask co workers/friends/family what service they have. And if they have the service your going for ask them a lot of questions about times where they have service, didn't have service, data speeds, customer service, etc (the stuff that is important to you).

And it seems all the carriers lie there *** off about the coverage on there maps. So take those with a boulder size grain of salt

Feedback Score
    You could also move grandma to the $30 basic phone plan and keep her on the same account. Then add another line as the 5th line on your current plan. You're probably going to end up paying more this way though. Between the data plans going from $29.99 to $49.99 once the contract is us and no line discounts for device payments. Even beyond unlimited might be cheaper.

Feedback Score
    I don't remember how much your plan was. But guessing it at $120 for the base means you will be at around $330 once your two lines go up to $49.99 for data. If you moved her to a single line and added another smartphone you would add another $60 to that so you would be at $390. You could do 6 lines in beyond unlimited for $330 without auto pay or $300 with Auto Pay.