Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score

IOS 11 is available to download now

I am updating now.

Feedback Score
    What does the version say after you've downloaded? The last beta I have is 11.0 (15A372)

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I noticed everything look bigger and carrier of Verizon is 29.1 and they added a video icon on and a calculator on.

Phone
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cleave View Post
    What does the version say after you've downloaded? The last beta I have is 11.0 (15A372)
    The release version has the same designation.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    I noticed everything look bigger and carrier of Verizon is 29.1 and they added a video icon on and a calculator on.
    The calculator was always there. The icon has changed. The App Store icon has been redesigned as well as the internal presentation of the app. If you use iTunes gift cards, your store balance is shown by touching the Profile icon at the top on every screen except the search screen rather than scrolling to the bottom of the far left screen only.
    Last edited by efparri; 09-20-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Phone
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    http://bgr.com/2017/09/20/ios-11-hid...s-iphone-ipad/

Name:  control-center2.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  49.8 KB
    Control Center
    Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and there’s a new Control Center. It has a new design and comes with 3D Touch support. But the best part about it is that you can customize it to fit your needs. Customize Control Center from the Settings app.

Clearing notifications

Clear all notifications with a tap. Yes, you can, just hold onto that X until the Clear All Notifications menu appears.

Name:  ios-11-features-drag-and-drop-ipad.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  53.8 KB
    Drag and drop
    iOS 11 does drag and drop. The feature shines on iPad, but you can also use it on iPhone in select apps including the Notes and Camera apps.

Name:  screenshots-editing-after-taking-one-2.jpg
Size:  51.1 KB
    Annotate screenshots
    You can now instantly annotate screenshots before sharing them. No longer will you have to open them in a different app to do*it. Just click on the screenshot thumbnail in the lower right corner after you take one, and annotate it. Share it, and you can then delete it immediately from the same interface.

Name:  control-center-settings-do-not-disturb-while-driving.jpg
Size:  60.8 KB
    Do Not Disturb While Driving
    The phone will detect when you’re moving too fast and advise you to turn on the Do Not Disturb While Driving. Or you can do it yourself from Control Center.

Apple Maps does lanes
    When you are driving with Apple Maps on, you’ll get lane guidance inside iOS 11. Pretty neat, although not new to Google Maps users.

Indoor maps
    Speaking of guidance, Apple Maps will also help you not get lost while walking in certain locations like airports.

Name:  ios-11-beta-3-screen-recording-start-broadcast-feature-1.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  18.4 KB
    Screen Recording
    It’s finally here. Screen Recording is a great new addition to iOS 11, and it all “just works” directly from the Control Center.

QR reader
    It took Apple a while, but the Camera app now scans QR codes. You don’t need any other third-party apps for that. So just delete them.

Built-in document scanner
    One other useful feature is the document scanner built into the Notes app. It does just what it says it does, which means you can delete one more app from your phone.

Name:  storage.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  51.7 KB
    Better storage management
    Speaking of storage, the iPhone will now tell you when you’re running out of storage space and suggest ways to fix it. Go to the Settings app to see the new storage section which gives you more details about the way you’re using your memory and recommendations on how to optimize it.

Name:  ios-11-files.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  46.5 KB
    Files app
    This isn’t so hidden, as you’ll see the new icon. But I still feel like I need to remind you that there’s now a Files app on iPhone and iPad.

Name:  type-to-siri-accesibility-settings.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  30.0 KB
    Text Siri
    If you’ve ever wanted to text Siri, now you can, and it can be handy when you can’t talk to the assistant. Just go to the Settings page and activate the Type to Siri option in the Siri menu.

Name:  siri.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  32.0 KB
    Instant Siri translations
    This is something that can definitely help you out when you’re out and about in a foreign country, as Siri translates what you’re saying in real-time. It still needs an internet connection, so roaming charges may apply.

Name:  dark-mode.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  56.4 KB
    Dark mode
    It’s not really the dark mode that you were looking for, but head on to Accessibility in the Settings app and enable Smart Invert

Auto-brightness
    Speaker of light and dark, you should know the auto-brightness section has a new home. It’s under Accessibility, in the Display Accommodations menu.

Name:  ios-11-one-handed-keyboard.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  97.9 KB
    One-handed keyboard
    It’s not just for the iPhone Plus, it’s for everyone looking for a more compact keyboard experience on these big iPhones. You’ll find the option in the keyboard selector key — the emoji key. Just tap and hold it to select your desired keyboard mode.

Name:  emergency-sos-auto-call.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  40.7 KB
    New SOS setting
    Let’s hope you never have to use this one, but pressing the side button five times will let you quickly initiate a call to 911.

Quick iPhone 8 and iPhone X setup
    You’re upgrading to iPhone 8 and iPhone X? iOS 11 will let you transfer your settings from the old model with ease. The same goes for iPad and iPod touch. It’s a neat trick that you’ll rarely use.

Wi-Fi password sharing
    Also, a feature you’re hardly going to use is the new Wi-Fi password sharing feature. Your iPhone and iPad friends will thank you, however.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Phone
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    I've had iOS 11 for a day and so far I like it. I like the new control panel, and the screen fonts does seem larger on my 7+. It even works fine on iphone 6.
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

I do not like how the notifications are handled. It is not easy to delete en masse unless you have at least one older notification. They have to be cleared one-by-one if they are all considered as recent. Then you have the problem of swiping from too close to the right edge of the screen and turning on the camera.
    Last edited by efparri; 09-21-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Phone
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Overall I think iOS 11 is pretty smooth. One thing I do notice when I’m streaming from my iPhone to my car audio system, I’m finding the audio sounds much improved compared to iOS 10. This is on my iPhone 6s Plus.
    Hartford, CT Area

Phone
    iPhone 6
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    the only thing I noticed is the battery drained a bit faster with the old IOS my fully charged battery would stay 100% after I woke up, now it went down to 98% Not a big deal, the bigger font is a big welcome to me

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    the only thing I noticed is the battery drained a bit faster with the old IOS my fully charged battery would stay 100% after I woke up, now it went down to 98% Not a big deal, the bigger font is a big welcome to me
    I wonder if they might have just recalibrated the meter. I've noticed over the years that for the first 4-5% of battery use the meter never moved off of 100%. I used to check this against battery apps like "Battery Life" and it was pretty consistent from year to year, iOS to iOS. I'm just guessing that it was set that way so that people wouldn't get upset when they took their phone off the charger and a half hour later it was reading 98% ?

Every morning my i7+ reads 100% after being off the charger for 8-10 hours.

Feedback Score
    The magnifying widget in the control center is a nice addition. I still find the auto play annoying. Let me decide when to listen to music.

Phone
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    They say when you turn off WiFi or BT from the Control Panel it doesn't really shut them off.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Last edited by efparri; 09-23-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    They say when you turn off WiFi or BT from the Control Panel it doesn't really shut them off.
    The control center just disconnects you from the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth you are connected to. It doesn’t turn anything off.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast