Thread: charged $5 for Data and SMS by koodo on out of province plan!

Feedback Score

charged $5 for Data and SMS by koodo on out of province plan!

Hi,

Just found out that I was charged $5 for over used data and SMS. checked the billing detail and the phone log, have no clue what can caused over usage. should I call them? did anyone who's on out-province plan have similar experience? thanks for any advise!

Feedback Score
    Did you go to states or overseas? I have gotten a $5 roaming charges multiple times for just crossing the border. Even though my phone had roaming off, i had no roaming add on, phone was on airplane mode, and the usage was 0.00MB. Yet it triggered the $5 roaming add on automatically as soon I crossed the borders. I called in to get the credit, tho this was about 1.5 years ago and I was on one of the out of province plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wes786 View Post
    Did you go to states or overseas? I have gotten a $5 roaming charges multiple times for just crossing the border. Even though my phone had roaming off, i had no roaming add on, phone was on airplane mode, and the usage was 0.00MB. Yet it triggered the $5 roaming add on automatically as soon I crossed the borders. I called in to get the credit, tho this was about 1.5 years ago and I was on one of the out of province plans.
    thank you for your reply.

I didn't cross the border! not even close to the border that day!

Not sure if I should take the risk to call. Did they ask you anything about your plan?

Feedback Score
    Nope they didn't but back then it wasn't that common to have an out of province plans. Now a days, a lot of people are on it and they are all aware of it too, so I am not sure how they will handle it. If its just $5 i say pay it and move on...i would call in if thy charged $50 or something..

Feedback Score
    Use the facebook chat option. Helped a friend who had a billing error and the rep fixed it. Took a day to get a reply back. Just make sure to have your account number instead of your phone number and PIN

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Use the facebook chat option. Helped a friend who had a billing error and the rep fixed it. Took a day to get a reply back. Just make sure to have your account number instead of your phone number and PIN

thank you! maybe I should try this option. the problem is I don't really use facebook, and now need to learn something "new"! LOL

Feedback Score
    No problem. Time to get on the bandwagon and use Facebook! Just make sure to also install the messenger. Just search for the koodo account and send a message. Rep got back to me a day after but after giving him all the details, account number and PIN, he fixed the issue on the fly. Try not to give your phone number just to be safe. Good luck

Feedback Score
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    No problem. Time to get on the bandwagon and use Facebook! Just make sure to also install the messenger. Just search for the koodo account and send a message. Rep got back to me a day after but after giving him all the details, account number and PIN, he fixed the issue on the fly. Try not to give your phone number just to be safe. Good luck

Feedback Score
    What is your pin ? im not sure i remember mine.

I'm having the same problem with 5 dollars for data even though it says 0.00 mb beside the charge. Normally id just pay it but i also have an issue with bill credits. When i upgraded my phone it said i would receive 50 dollar bill credit over 6 months . Its now been 2 bills since i got the upgrade and still no credit so I'm more concerned about that than the 5 dollar roaming charge.

So you guys think its better to do this through fb? Wont they still see you number when they pull up your account ?

Feedback Score
    I would just call them directly, try not to mention anything about the plan stay on billing issue topic and you should be fine.