Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Cheap hotspot for 1 month

Feedback Score

Need Cheap hotspot for 1 month

Need a cheap hotspot for 1 month for all my home use. What would be the cheapest best plan?

Feedback Score
    need more info on like how much data you'll need and do you want to use
    a cellphone hotspot or a stand alone hotspot device also what network do you want to use ( AT&T verizon T mobile or sprint) ??

Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Essential Plan
    Feedback Score
    Where I work we have an Ellipsis Jetpack 2 hotspot that we purchased through Selectel Wireless. Curiously it is not even advertised on their website. We pay $20/month for 1GB. But we only use it at trade shows, special events, community days, etc. so we don't need much data.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Simple Mobile $60 Truly Unlimited w/8GB(+) hotspot Prepaid SIM from Ebay. About $25, or less.

Uses T-Mobile network.

Been using these for 8 or 9 consecutive months(new SIM every month). Hotspot just started about this past July.

Using unlocked Cricket phone(Idol 3). Used about 50GB hotspot last month. About 20 this month with 11days to go.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    need more info on like how much data you'll need and do you want to use
    a cellphone hotspot or a stand alone hotspot device also what network do you want to use ( AT&T verizon T mobile or sprint) ??
    You know, I've never tested it, but I just want to browse forums online at night and facebook and maybe watch a few youtube clips. Maybe a netflix movie twice a week... How much memory do you think I need?

I can use either cellphone hotspot or device... I"m pretty open to anything... Just want the best deal

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    Simple Mobile $60 Truly Unlimited w/8GB(+) hotspot Prepaid SIM from Ebay. About $25, or less.

Uses T-Mobile network.

Been using these for 8 or 9 consecutive months(new SIM every month). Hotspot just started about this past July.

Using unlocked Cricket phone(Idol 3). Used about 50GB hotspot last month. About 20 this month with 11days to go.

Wait, so what happens after you use up the 8 gig hotspot? Also, if you used 50 gb hotspot, did you end up buying 7 cards?

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    att & verizon (resellers of course)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverinex View Post
    Need a cheap hotspot for 1 month for all my home use. What would be the cheapest best plan?
    $10-$15 prepaid h20 sim.. usually has 3 Gb of att data

Feedback Score
    You know, I've never tested it, but I just want to browse forums online at night and facebook and maybe watch a few youtube clips. Maybe a netflix movie twice a week... How much memory do you think I need?

I can use either cellphone hotspot or device... I"m pretty open to anything... Just want the best deal
    https://www.whistleout.com.au/Mobile...nd-usage-guide

Web browsing 60 MB/hr
    Facebook 80-160 MB/hr
    Youtube 300 MB/hr
    Netflix non-HD 250 MB - 1 GB/hr

So about 8 GB a week or 32 GB a month. Half of that is Netflix. That is going to be expensive.

Facebook with a lot of videos will use more data. Turn off autoplay.

Netflix has quality settings when played on a computer. The low res setting is pretty rough. If you have access to free Wifi in some places you routinely go, you can download Netflix titles. They have various expiration times from 48 hours to weeks from the first time you start playing them. Some public Wifi may not allow you to use Netflix for downloads.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wait, so what happens after you use up the 8 gig hotspot? Also, if you used 50 gb hotspot, did you end up buying 7 cards?
    For whatever reason, the hotspot does not seem to be metered(at SimpleM), for me, yet.

Again, buying one prepaid sim per month. Only paying what ever I paid to seller for the one month prepaid sim.

Card just received today for my next period of usage(Oct 1 - 30). A "Best Offer" listing:

Feedback Score
    Wow, is this a replicatable or do you just have a unknown glitch? Did you just find out about this randomly?

Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    For whatever reason, the hotspot does not seem to be metered(at SimpleM), for me, yet.

Again, buying one prepaid sim per month. Only paying what ever I paid to seller for the one month prepaid sim.

Card just received today for my next period of usage(Oct 1 - 30). A "Best Offer" listing:

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wow, is this a replicatable or do you just have a unknown glitch? Did you just find out about this randomly?
    All I can say is I've been buying the SM truly unlimited SIM every month for about a year(maybe more).

Afaik, they just turned on hotspot a few months back. This is my second month of using hotspot, and already have SIM on hand for my next month.

I don't imagine this will last forever or the price may go up considerably.

When I first used hotspot, obviously I was curious what would happen after 8 GB, so with the first one, I used very conservatively for the first part of the month. When I exceeded 8 GB towards the end of the month, I just left it on and used it liberally to see when the hotspot would shut off or at least throttle way back. It never did shut off or throttle. And hasn't yet.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    History: Verizon, PagePlus, PTel, RingPlus, Lyca, TMobile, Tello, Ting
    Feedback Score
    I heard about this unlimited too, probably here on HoFo, but I personally did not test it. In other words, others have not be stopped at the limit.

Feedback Score
    Bumping, testing out SM and bought the sim card today. I will likely need it for 4 more months due to some housing issues, so if anyone has other ideas, I would appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    Bumping, testing out SM and bought the sim card today. I will likely need it for 4 more months due to some housing issues, so if anyone has other ideas, I would appreciate it.
    do you get buffering if you listen to like say Pandora ?? and i take it that watching Netflix / hulu & other streaming
    sites have no trouble ?? that sim is using the T mobile network correct.

Feedback Score

Need Cheap Hotspot For 1 Month

That is the best thing that I have read today. What sorts of speeds are people getting on these?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast