Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Cheap hotspot for 1 month

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    That is the best thing that I have read today. What sorts of speeds are people getting on these?
    It is not always the fastest. I'm just now just got only 2 mbps. I typically see arount 3 to 6 mbps.

Simple is deprioritized on Tmo network. But I can usually watch about as much video as I want. Even via hotspot.

I just finished my second month of hotspotting. 70 GB hotspot out of a total of 100 GB.

I can live with that for about $25/mo.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I will get the sim soon and will let you know the speeds. Gwite, what are your plans if this gets capped?

I've heard people are buying a T mobile sim for 60 bucks, but that is significantly more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    It is not always the fastest. I'm just now just got only 2 mbps. I typically see arount 3 to 6 mbps.

Simple is deprioritized on Tmo network. But I can usually watch about as much video as I want. Even via hotspot.

I just finished my second month of hotspotting. 70 GB hotspot out of a total of 100 GB.

I can live with that for about $25/mo.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverinex View Post
    I will get the sim soon and will let you know the speeds. Gwite, what are your plans if this gets capped?

I've heard people are buying a T mobile sim for 60 bucks, but that is significantly more expensive.
    I would just have to make do with the official 8 GB. Been doing for months without any hotspot at all.

But I would also try T-Mobile with the same type ebay-preloaded deal. Emphasis on "try".

Tmobile One has unlimited 3g hotspot, but I have read at least one poster here saying they get full speed hotspot. At the same time another said his Tmo hotspot was almost unusably slow.

Also keeping an eye out for a great deal on a phone that will unofficially tether with Cricket.

In fact I just bought the new ZTE Blade Z Max, virtually free from MetroPcs w/port, that may be able to do the Cricket hotspot thing, when unlocked. The previous generation ZMax Pro supposedly could.

What phone will you be using for your SimpleM hotspot?

Feedback Score
    I was going to try using my Lumina 635 phone or my LG phoneix 2... I think they support Tmobile right?

Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    I would just have to make do with the official 8 GB. Been doing for months without any hotspot at all.

But I would also try T-Mobile with the same type ebay-preloaded deal. Emphasis on "try".

Tmobile One has unlimited 3g hotspot, but I have read at least one poster here saying they get full speed hotspot. At the same time another said his Tmo hotspot was almost unusably slow.

Also keeping an eye out for a great deal on a phone that will unofficially tether with Cricket.

In fact I just bought the new ZTE Blade Z Max, virtually free from MetroPcs w/port, that may be able to do the Cricket hotspot thing, when unlocked. The previous generation ZMax Pro supposedly could.

What phone will you be using for your SimpleM hotspot?

Feedback Score
    Did anyone try 60$ with mifi? does it require cellphone or can use in mifi device?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efredmi View Post
    Did anyone try 60$ with mifi? does it require cellphone or can use in mifi device?
    you can the sim in a hotspot device but you might get a warning about using
    an unauthorized device. so use at your own risk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2