Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Switching From GUDP

Feedback Score

Switching From GUDP

I have read through several post about this subject. I still end up with mixed feelings. I hope someone who has made the switch will chime in. I am on a single line with 900 talk minutes unlimited text and data of course I pay $20 extra for the so called premium data. I was trying to purchase the new LTE Apple Watch but could not activate it on my account. I was informed that I needed to change my plan. Long story short Verizon offered me an unlimited plan different from the Go and Beyond unlimited plans they offer. Anyone know the details of that plan please chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dongatta View Post
    I have read through several post about this subject. I still end up with mixed feelings. I hope someone who has made the switch will chime in. I am on a single line with 900 talk minutes unlimited text and data of course I pay $20 extra for the so called premium data. I was trying to purchase the new LTE Apple Watch but could not activate it on my account. I was informed that I needed to change my plan. Long story short Verizon offered me an unlimited plan different from the Go and Beyond unlimited plans they offer. Anyone know the details of that plan please chime in

Did they explain anything about it or tell you the monthly cost?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint_CDMA View Post
    Did they explain anything about it or tell you the monthly cost?
    She ran through it so fast I couldn't gather it all. I do remember her saying it would be around 90 bucks including taxes and the watch fee. She said they stopped offering this unlimited plan about 2 weeks ago

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    She ran through it so fast I couldn't gather it all. I do remember her saying it would be around 90 bucks including taxes and the watch fee. She said they stopped offering this unlimited plan about 2 weeks ago

That would line up with February UDP, at $80, I suppose. But that doesn't leave much room for taxes or the watch fee. If true, I think a lot of people here would tell you to snatch that up as fast as humanly possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by limegrass69 View Post
    I understand the go and beyond unlimited but she said it was a unlimited plan they no longer offer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    That would line up with February UDP, at $80, I suppose. But that doesn't leave much room for taxes or the watch fee. If true, I think a lot of people here would tell you to snatch that up as fast as humanly possible.
    That's why she kept pressuring me to switch. She said once access to that code to add the plan was gone it's gone.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The new $40 per line unlimited plan is VERY LIMITED. Be sure to look at all of the restrictions before you sign up.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    The new $40 per line unlimited plan is VERY LIMITED. Be sure to look at all of the restrictions before you sign up.
    True. But if what the rep is saying is true, then the customer is being offered the February plan. Personally, I would ask for as many details as possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    True. But if what the rep is saying is true, then the customer is being offered the February plan. Personally, I would ask for as many details as possible.
    I supposed to get a call back this evening to get me switched over. The only difference she stated was the tether was at 10gb versus the beyond unlimited at 15gb. If I didn't have my discount applied my single line would be around $140 so to me it looks like the better deal. I foresee the GUDP phasing itself out over the years. Things like the feature to share numbers is just the beginning.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I supposed to get a call back this evening to get me switched over. The only difference she stated was the tether was at 10gb versus the beyond unlimited at 15gb. If I didn't have my discount applied my single line would be around $140 so to me it looks like the better deal. I foresee the GUDP phasing itself out over the years. Things like the feature to share numbers is just the beginning.

We're on the Feb UDP and have the 15GB hotspot amount now. Not sure how they could give you the FUDP, but with different limits?

Feedback Score
    We're on the Feb UDP and have the 15GB hotspot amount now. Not sure how they could give you the FUDP, but with different limits?
    I may be misinformed that's why I will wait for the call back. Do you mind giving me a rundown of the plan your on please.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I may be misinformed that's why I will wait for the call back. Do you mind giving me a rundown of the plan your on please.

We're on the original FUDP plan. It's $110 per month for up to 10 lines. We save $10 with auto pay. So it's $10 per line plus $20 line access fee. So with taxes and all on our 7 lines we pay about $38 per line. We just got the bump up to 15GB per hotspot also.

Feedback Score
    We're on the original FUDP plan. It's $110 per month for up to 10 lines. We save $10 with auto pay. So it's $10 per line plus $20 line access fee. So with taxes and all on our 7 lines we pay about $38 per line. We just got the bump up to 15GB per hotspot also.
    Ok thanks. I just don't know what to do but I have to do something to get the watch

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Get more details. I wonder if they will offer that February udp to more gudp customers. I may switch after next month when my data cost increases by $20.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast