Thread: Just Wondering

Device(s)
    BB Passport, MS 650DS, W10 Alcatel Idol 4s
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score

Just Wondering

This is not supposed to be an inflammatory thread, I am genuinely wondering how things have settled down there in Mobilicity land.

I never made the move over, preferring to stay with WIND/Freedom with whom I had never had much issue with, but those who did, or who were long term customers of the OG Mobilicity and made the move over to Rogers, how did things work out for you?

Device(s)
    ZTE Grand X 4
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Rates were just hiked today for grandfathered plans

Sent from my Z957 using HoFo mobile app
    Damn!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qag01 View Post
    Rates were just hiked today for grandfathered plans

Sent from my Z957 using HoFo mobile app
    I heard that, but my query was about the general satisfaction of those who were with Mobilicity before or at the time of the change-over. Quite honestly, my inquisitiveness was slightly fueled by skimming back a bit and realising there are some who don't seem to post here anymore; some of the more vocal pro-Mobilicity/anti-WIND contingent and I just wanted to get an honest-to-goodness opinion on what's going on.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Well, their rate hikes have killed all the goodwill they gained when they honoured the mobil plans.

The data is still unusable. The way they have it set up, it appears that it checks the billing server for permission to give you data three times every 10 to 20 mins. During these checks you don't have data and it takes forever because (I will never understand) it takes three tries. If you were using data, your connection will drop.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 145
Size:  11.9 KB

Calls and SMS are just as good/bad(?) as all Robbers service and their zones continue to be a sham.

With these increases, they have priced themselves into regular plans without zones so why would people pay more for less service?
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Chatrlicity:
    $30 Unlimited NAM , $30 Unlimited Province Wide

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    No price hike (yet) for me on my $30 UL plan.

Anyways, I cannot say much about coverage as I only stay within Vancouver and the Lower Mainland, Coquitlam is the furthest I've gone. However, reception is moderate to average. You would think Chatr, on the Rogers network, would be pretty awesome, nope! Parts of downtown, I get 1 bar signal and somewhere around Langara by Cambie and 48th, I get no reception inside this one particular building. I'm basing this on the Rogers network. Obviously, I'm happy with the migration process. It was a smooth switch over.

3G data speeds still suck. (Yes, it's still terrible). It's nowhere near Mobilicity's mediocre 3G network. The connection is stable, but watching a Youtube video in 1080p, the video kept buffering. The 3G speed just couldn't keep up, it is slowww! I wanted to watch Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor, and I was unable to finish the clip. Yeah, the connection stalled. That, or the Youtube app is bad.

I called customer service two times during the migration to Chatr. Very very happy with the service I received. That, or I don't demand much.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would have thought the rate hikes were pretty much a given whether grandfathered or not, this is Rogers after-all.

Would any of you say that the network is any better or worse than Mobilicity used to be? Are you still crippled to 3Mb/s?

Fruvous, what would be the point of polling for data 9-18 times an hour? Is that intentional?

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    This is not supposed to be an inflammatory thread, I am genuinely wondering how things have settled down there in Mobilicity land.
    The biggest issue I see with Mobilicity/Chatr and Wind/Freedom is price
    Whereas once that was a huge selling feature and people were willing to live with limitations, today the out of province loophole plans are so vastly superior there really is no point in the old plans
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $6 Loyalty - $42 Refer = $22 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    Fruvous, what would be the point of polling for data 9-18 times an hour? Is that intentional?
    It's the Robbers way? You can't have people getting away with free data.

Optimistically it points to a misconfiguration, especially the experience of those with Mobi SIM cards and how bad it is. Realistically, it was the cheapest and fastest way of getting the systems to talk to each other and if you don't like it, you can leave. Not worth their efforts in fixing it.

I should point out that no other MVNO I've been on has ever had this issue so it can be fixed.