Thread: ATT MNVOs That Allow Tethering

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7
    Carrier(s)
    Straight TAlk
    Feedback Score

ATT MNVOs That Allow Tethering

I'm currently with Straight Talk on their 8GB plan. I use it to tether but only occasionally. That said, it's important to me that I am able to tether for work purposes.

Do you guys know which of the ATT MNVOs allow tethering? I have been looking at:
    1) Red Pocket
    2) Net 10
    3) Cricket
    4) H2O

I know a lot of them might not "support" it. I don't think Straight Talk really does either. I just want to make sure it's allowed and not actively something the company shuts down if you attempt it.

Thanks!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    AT&T Prepaid and Cricket both have plans which allow tethering. Read through the plans and options. Neither will be as cheap as Straight Talk.

Feedback Score
    I have net10 on att, and I occasionally tether but I think that's because I'm using an uncarrier branded phone (Blu r1 hd).

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Cricket Wireless but it's another $10/month.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 7
    Carrier(s)
    Straight TAlk
    Feedback Score
    Does Straight Talk officially support it or does it just happen to work? It was not a reason originally that I chose Straight Talk but was thrilled to see that tethering worked when I tried it.

So, just wondering if the other MNVOs I mentioned don't technically support it either, but it may work. If Cricket charges an extra $10 for it, I'm sure they go out of their way to make sure it doesn't work. Same with ATT pre-paid.

If tethering works for sharp99 on net10, is it because they support it or just that they don't actively stop it from working?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrosco View Post
    Does Straight Talk officially support it or does it just happen to work? It was not a reason originally that I chose Straight Talk but was thrilled to see that tethering worked when I tried it.

So, just wondering if the other MNVOs I mentioned don't technically support it either, but it may work. If Cricket charges an extra $10 for it, I'm sure they go out of their way to make sure it doesn't work. Same with ATT pre-paid.

If tethering works for sharp99 on net10, is it because they support it or just that they don't actively stop it from working?
    Like I said my phone is carrier unbranded and obviously unlocked (Blu r1 hd). I don't have a branded net10 phone to try it in, I do have an unlocked cricket branded HTC 625 and hotspot doesn't work with either a net10 att or T-Mobile based sim..maybe on plans with limited h/s data they really don't care, or can't tell? I'm on a 4gig/mo.plan.

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    To my knowledge, the AT&T MVNOs that officially support tethering are AT&T Prepaid, Consumer Cellular, and Truphone (and Cricket with an extra fee, a certain plan, and certain phones).

The others don't support it, but not all of them explicitly state that in their terms and conditions that it is forbidden (Pure Talk, Air Voice, and TracFone for example don't mention tethering in their terms). Whether tethering will work or not on these MVNOs will depend on the phone itself.