Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a verification letter from .cricket for insurance

Device(s)
    RAZR V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Need a verification letter from .cricket for insurance

I've got cell phone protection on my Wells Fargo credit card. I pay my cell phone bill with the card, and the phone is protected against damage and theft.

When you go to make a claim, they ask you for documentation showing the phone you are making a claim on was attached to the account. They claim most cell phone service providers have a Device Summary page on their web site for your account, that shows which cell phone you were using. Well, Cricket has nothing like this, so they suggested I get a letter from Cricket verifying a few things about my account.

Well I got absolutely nowhere with the 800 number or the Click to Chat thing on the Cricket web site, After 5 or 6 DM's sent back and for with their Cricket Support Twitter account, I thought I was making progress. But their last DM came back saying, "We can not process your request. We suggest contacting your device manufacturer". It's like they passed the DM thread onto someone who hasn't even read it. There's no reason to think my device manufacturer would be able to verify anything about my Cricket account.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a letter verifying 5 or 6 very basic things about my account out of Cricket?

Feedback Score
    Can you take screenshots showing what they are asking for? What specifically is being asked?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am really confused about what you trying to explain. 1st of all you don't make a claim with Cricket Wireless, you do it with Assurion. 2nd of all the only documentation you need is an "Affidavit form" which can be downloaded on their website while doing the claim and an government issued photo ID to prove that you are the account holder and avoid fraud, take a pic of both and upload it, i suggest you to do this online and not over the phone. 3rd of all you have to make sure you put the correct date of when the phone got stolen or damaged. For example: If something happen to the phone on the 20th you have to use that date or a few days before. Assurion can see on the their side if the phone had insurance by the date you put in the claim form. I've done claims and i know the process. Go to https://www.phoneclaim.com/cricket/

Feedback Score
    If I understand this, you need something from cricket that shows your phone is in use on the cricket account that you pay with your credit card. When you log into your account on the cricket website, it should show the device model if it is a cricket branded device when you select the line in question under plans and services (or from the account summary). Maybe try printing that off and showing that to them.

The old website used to show the IMEI for each line which would help with a BYOD phone. Another way would be to take a screenshot on the phone itself of the status/about phone under settings where it might show the phone number and IMEI on the screen and then the phone number can be verified by the cricket account summary. Doesn't help unless you do that before the phone is lost or damaged.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    In the Cricket Wireless app for iOS you can go to settings and then under Line and Stream More Settings you can tap on your line and it will display the IMEI that’s attached to your phone number. That should work.

Feedback Score
    Didn't you go through this whole routine with a Page Plus account a while back?
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...rance-purposes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankelstein View Post
    Nice find! I wonder what the OP is up to... hope it's not fraud.

Device(s)
    RAZR V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    Nice find! I wonder what the OP is up to... hope it's not fraud.

Seriously dude, you got to be kidding me.... Put away your internet detective badge. I'm just making two phone claims in the same year. It's not fraud. 2 claims is actually explicitly allowed by the terms of the insurance benefit.

Device(s)
    RAZR V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frankelstein View Post
    Yes, how you end up getting a verification letter from Page Plus is you put in a support ticket on their web site. The people who end up calling you, their is a language barrier. But you end up getting your letter.

What's shocking to me is that as bad as the Page Plus experience was, they were actually better than Cricket is.

Device(s)
    RAZR V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    There's some good suggestions on this page. But it's late on a Friday right now. I'll look at them later.

Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gigahurtz View Post
    In the Cricket Wireless app for iOS you can go to settings and then under Line and Stream More Settings you can tap on your line and it will display the IMEI that’s attached to your phone number. That should work.
    Thanks for the tip. I didn't look under the line settings in the app. It seems the same on the android app. You go under settings (the cog wheel) and then choose your line under line settings. There it will show the IMEI. Unfortunately, they don't seem to show it anymore on the website.

Feedback Score
    Didn't know such a benefit with a credit card existed. Seems better than paying for insurance - https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-ca...ne-protection/

Feedback Score
    If Cricket can't/won't step up, would a letter from a repair shop documenting the damage suffice?

Feedback Score
    Well, that's the end of this thread.

Sent from my SM-N920G using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thefisch View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I didn't look under the line settings in the app. It seems the same on the android app. You go under settings (the cog wheel) and then choose your line under line settings. There it will show the IMEI. Unfortunately, they don't seem to show it anymore on the website.
    All of my phones are byod. And while they don't state the imei on the website out Dita state the brand and model.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast