Thread: My Rogers iPhone 8 plus experience

Feedback Score

My Rogers iPhone 8 plus experience

Monday the 18th I chose to do my upgrade to the iPhone 8 plus, and was going to order a 256gb in space grey. I got all the way through and it gave me an error at the end. I tried the next day and it still wasn't working so I called in and talked to several reps before I found one that was able to actually process the upgrade. I was told my phone would not ship for 2-3 weeks due to the demand for the phone.
    So imagine my surprise when I got an email Thursday night saying the phone had shipped. There was no tracking information on the phone when I went to bed Thursday night. I woke up Friday morning, checked the tracking and it said it was on truck out for delivery. I got it by 10:10 Friday morning.
    This was the first time I was ever able to get my iPhone preordered and shipped this fast. Is it me or are a lot of people waiting to decide which phone to get once the iPhone X comes out? I love the 8 plus and I want the X for my work phone but if I had to only get one new phone I would have waited until November.
    What other order experiences are out there? Who else had a good or bad experience?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Can’t comment on order experience but how do you find the reception? The phone uses an Intel modem instead of Qualcomm so curious if reception is worse, the same, or better than prior iPhones, especially compared to the 7 since that used Intel as well.

Feedback Score
    So far the signal seems about the same. At my house depending where I had my iPhone 7 I would end up with one dot or no service. Not the same with the 8+. Also this phone is really fast. No lag whatsoever. Comparing it with my Samsung s8 and the iPhone is quicker in every way

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Did you have any older iPhone models (like a 6 or older), which would’ve had a Qualcomm modem. Wondering how your 8 compares to those older ones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Did you have any older iPhone models (like a 6 or older), which would’ve had a Qualcomm modem. Wondering how your 8 compares to those older ones.
    I have had all the iphone variants from the 3g all the way to the 7 and 7 plus. I think they have always been good but this one seems to be picking up more lte bands and running faster. My 7 would sometimes feel slow trying to load websites and doing speed tests on LTE was slow sometimes compared to the 8+

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Good to know that the Intel modem variants perform well. Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've been wondering... just how is demand for the 8/8plus? In my circle almost everyone has an iPhone, but very few are looking to upgrade. Just wondering if that is a more widespread observation.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by brian451 View Post
    Monday the 18th I chose to do my upgrade to the iPhone 8 plus, and was going to order a 256gb in space grey. I got all the way through and it gave me an error at the end. I tried the next day and it still wasn't working so I called in and talked to several reps before I found one that was able to actually process the upgrade. I was told my phone would not ship for 2-3 weeks due to the demand for the phone.
    So imagine my surprise when I got an email Thursday night saying the phone had shipped. There was no tracking information on the phone when I went to bed Thursday night. I woke up Friday morning, checked the tracking and it said it was on truck out for delivery. I got it by 10:10 Friday morning.
    This was the first time I was ever able to get my iPhone preordered and shipped this fast. Is it me or are a lot of people waiting to decide which phone to get once the iPhone X comes out? I love the 8 plus and I want the X for my work phone but if I had to only get one new phone I would have waited until November.
    What other order experiences are out there? Who else had a good or bad experience?
    Simon16

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just picked up a 8 Plus from Rogers, going to do some testing over the next few days. I had a 6s from launch day, then in June I got a Samsung S8. All my devices have always used Qualcomm, so this will be my first time testing the Intel Modem. My work usually has poor reception where my S8 would drop down to 1 bar of LTE and sometime switch to HSPA. I'm curious if the Intel modem will just stay on HSPA and won't even attempt to hold onto the weak LTE.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Let us know!