Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: iPhone 8 & 8 Plus for AT&T

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,220
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Cricket LG Risio 2(x2)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    iPhone 8 & 8 Plus for AT&T

    While we all know what the iPhone 8/8 Plus can do(link provided below if you wanna learn more or find out as well), I wanted to post the Wireless specs for the one AT&T is selling:

    LTE Frequency Bands Supported: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 66.

    HSPA+/UMTS Frequency Bands Supported: 850/900/1700-2100/1900/2100MHz.

    GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz *Note that 2G/EDGE is no longer available on AT&T due to the 2G/EDGE network shutdown, will work with 2G/EDGE on T-Mobile and other networks outside of the US.

    WiFi: 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO (To get Wireless AC you need a WiFi router with Wireless AC compatibility).

    NFC: NFC with reader mode.

    Bluetooth: Version 5.0(Latest).

    AT&T HD Voice(VoLTE) Ready, AT&T WiFi Calling ready, Facetime for Video Calling over Data networks and WiFi.

    Like Past iPhone's: Nano Sim Required.

    Colors: Space Grey, Silver, Gold.

    iPhone 8 Price:
    - 64 Gigabyte Storage Version: $23.34 Monthly for 30 months on AT&T Next, OR $699.99 Full Retail Price.

    - 256 Gigabyte Storage Version: $28.34 Monthly for 30 months on AT&T Next, OR $849.99 Full Retail Price.

    iPhone 8 Plus Price:
    - 64 Gigabyte Storage Version: $26.67 Monthly for 30 months on AT&T Next, or $799.99 Full Retail Price.

    - 256 Gigabyte Storage Version: $31.67 Monthly for 30 months on AT&T Next, OR $949.99 Full Retail Price.

    Ships:
    iPhone 8: Between September 29th, 2017 - October 3rd, 2017.

    iPhone 8 Plus: Between September 29th, 2017 - Oct 13, 2017.

    Link: https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphon...sku=sku8510266

    Promos:
    - Buy 1 get 1 on iPhone 8(Requires Direct TV subscription as well).
    Home Entertainment: Comcast Blast Pro 200mbps internet(Xfinity XB3 Arris TG1682G 24x8 Docsis 3.0 modem, IPv6 enabled), Xfinity Digital Preferred TV(Tivo Bolt(Main DVR)/Tivo Mini(Bedroom), Xfinity Voice EMTA XB3 with Voice Unlimited.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tuolumne County
    Posts
    21
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S+ (Personal) iPhone 7 Qualcomm (Work)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Personal) Verizon (Work)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does anyone know for sure if the GSM phone will be running an Intel modem?
    The only tear down that's been done so far (that I found) was on a Verizon/Sprint phone and it was confirmed to be running the Qualcomm X16.
    Just curious about the GSM versions?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    100
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sethc0077 View Post
    Does anyone know for sure if the GSM phone will be running an Intel modem?
    The only tear down that's been done so far (that I found) was on a Verizon/Sprint phone and it was confirmed to be running the Qualcomm X16.
    Just curious about the GSM versions?
    It is indeed

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    139
    Feedback Score
    0
    And if Intel then for sure this model would not work on Verizon? but Verizon iPhone 8 will work on AT&T and Sprint?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    100
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid87 View Post
    And if Intel then for sure this model would not work on Verizon? but Verizon iPhone 8 will work on AT&T and Sprint?
    Right. Intel won't work on cdma like Verizon. Verizon iPhone will work on att T-Mobile and you may have some trouble getting it to work on sprint that's why I always buy the sim free iPhone 🏻

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    772
    Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    You guys think the Intel modem will be better this year?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Roanoke
    Posts
    147
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint :(, Verizon 2009-2015, US Cellular 2006-2008
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post
    You guys think the Intel modem will be better this year?
    Nope. No way will it be better. Apple will just nerf the Qualcomm to keep the press down.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,727
    Device(s)
    SGS 7
    Carrier(s)
    MSV 10GB plus 10GB free, 4 lines
    Feedback Score
    0
    I think maverick22 means compared to last year's. Who knows. The Qualcomm model is still the better bet on AT&T.

    I don't see why the AT&T iPhone, after being unlocked, wouldn't work on Verizon. It has B13 and VoLTE. It would lose some roaming coverage on USCC, in Rural Alaska, and in some buildings with B2/5 repeater systems, but on native Verizon or Verizon LTEiRA partners, I would think it should work just fine on LTE/VoLTE. Not that I would recommend running it this way until Verizon shuts CDMA down and gets new roaming agreements or network build-outs for areas that currently use CDMA roaming, but it would be a fun experiment to try.

    That being said, if I were to buy it for AT&T, I'd buy the Qualcomm version just to get the better reception/performance.
    Happy AT&T customer and addicted Speedtester in CT
    AT&T Galaxy S7
    If you text while driving, you're an idiot. End of story.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,491
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Sprint/VZW
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMinCT View Post
    I think maverick22 means compared to last year's. Who knows. The Qualcomm model is still the better bet on AT&T.

    I don't see why the AT&T iPhone, after being unlocked, wouldn't work on Verizon. It has B13 and VoLTE. It would lose some roaming coverage on USCC, in Rural Alaska, and in some buildings with B2/5 repeater systems, but on native Verizon or Verizon LTEiRA partners, I would think it should work just fine on LTE/VoLTE. Not that I would recommend running it this way until Verizon shuts CDMA down and gets new roaming agreements or network build-outs for areas that currently use CDMA roaming, but it would be a fun experiment to try.

    That being said, if I were to buy it for AT&T, I'd buy the Qualcomm version just to get the better reception/performance.
    Based on a handful of experiences including my own, the Intel 7 Plus wouldn't work on Verizon VoLTE. The phone saw and showed the network but no signal was shown and the phone did not have a data or voice connection. Also my Qualcomm 7 Plus on AT&T gets a significantly weaker signal than my wife's Intel 7 Plus: Inside fringe indoor spots or in very rural areas mine goes to no service much sooner than her Intel 7 Plus.

    That being said, it's possible the authentication method could be different this year and a CDMA-less iPhone could actually work on Verizon this year, being that a precedent has been set with a couple of CDMA-less flip phones already running on its network. It's also possible the performance could be much closer between the two modems this year, without Apple's intervention. We'll have to see.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    284
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    > Also my Qualcomm 7 Plus on AT&T gets a significantly weaker signal than my wife's Intel 7 Plus
    Hm, if you did not upgrade to iOS 11 yet, what is the signal quality numbers in dBm you see vs. your wife's phone side-by-side?

    Hopefully we will see one of these for the iPhone 8 & X:
    http://cellularinsights.com/iphone7/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    772
    Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    To clarify, I meant I hope the Intel iPhones work better on the 8 than the 7. Many people have posted online that the Intel modems on the 7 performed worse than the Qualcomm on the 7.

    Interesting the above user said his wife's Intel 7 is better than his Qualcomm 7. Makes me feel better about paying for the AT&T Intel iPhone 8 on installments now rather than forking over $1000 at one time.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Midwest
    Posts
    2,096
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post
    To clarify, I meant I hope the Intel iPhones work better on the 8 than the 7. Many people have posted online that the Intel modems on the 7 performed worse than the Qualcomm on the 7.

    Interesting the above user said his wife's Intel 7 is better than his Qualcomm 7. Makes me feel better about paying for the AT&T Intel iPhone 8 on installments now rather than forking over $1000 at one time.
    Exactly. I thought about getting the SIM free model that can be used on any of the big 4 in the US, then I realized, why? My iPhone 6S was the SIM free and I never left AT&T. Never had a reason to.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

    A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 08:55 PM
  2. WTT: 4GB iPhone for AT&T branded Blackberry 8310, 8820, 8120
    By plz_kill_me in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 12:46 PM
  3. WTT: 8G iPhone for AT&T TILT (8925) or an AT&T Blackberry 8310 (photos included.)
    By plz_kill_me in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 12:51 PM
  4. Trade: Iphone for AT&T CU720 Shine
    By sliderking in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 09:25 PM
  5. Employee discount on iPhone for at&t employees...
    By dm919 in forum AT&T Agents and Employees
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 07:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks