Thread: Need advice: switching from T-Mo but still owe on phone

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Need advice: switching from T-Mo but still owe on phone

As mentioned in another thread I'm just not too happy with T-mobile's service. I switched there from AT&T to save money, but now I'm ready to go back to AT&T. So here's the breakdown:

I still owe $500 to T-mobile on my 7 plus. My wife's phone is paid off. We will be porting both of these to AT&T. What is the best way to go about this? Should we do the B1G1 offer? I just worry that Intel might be worse than Qualcomm again, and I'd rather get the Qualcomm honestly. I just can't pay for that outright now.

My sister in law said she would buy my 7 plus for $500, but then we couldn't do the B1G1.

Heck, maybe my T-Mobile 7plus would work much better on Tmobiles network - I don't know. I just want my phone to work decently in buildings and my house. Right now I can't use my phone in any buildings it seems and people say I cut out during phone calls at my house. It's frustrating!

What do you all suggest? Thanks much!

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Don't know how to edit on my phone. Meant to say I'd be happy to keep my T-Mobile 7 plus as long as it would work better on AT&Ts network.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Personally, I have the Intel 7 Plus and I have no issues with it on AT&T. At least in my area. To be honest, when I switched from a 6 Plus I actually got better reception in places. YMMV, but that’s my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post
    As mentioned in another thread I'm just not too happy with T-mobile's service. I switched there from AT&T to save money, but now I'm ready to go back to AT&T. So here's the breakdown:

I still owe $500 to T-mobile on my 7 plus. My wife's phone is paid off. We will be porting both of these to AT&T. What is the best way to go about this? Should we do the B1G1 offer? I just worry that Intel might be worse than Qualcomm again, and I'd rather get the Qualcomm honestly. I just can't pay for that outright now.

My sister in law said she would buy my 7 plus for $500, but then we couldn't do the B1G1.

Heck, maybe my T-Mobile 7plus would work much better on Tmobiles network - I don't know. I just want my phone to work decently in buildings and my house. Right now I can't use my phone in any buildings it seems and people say I cut out during phone calls at my house. It's frustrating!

What do you all suggest? Thanks much!
    Switch to AT&T... don't they buy out the old phone? I haven't had a phone with a contract\payments in 5+ years but I always see those ads where they offer huge incentives to bring your phone and switch. As for reception, going to AT&T from TMO is like going from ground beef to a filet mignon. I know the haters love to say TMO is improved, and they have, but it's still garbage indoors in many places, and garbage in general many places. I switched the last 3 of my lines from TMO over to ATT this year.