Thread: Total Wireless going from TW branded iPhoen 5S -> SE Also unlock the 5S

Feedback Score

Total Wireless going from TW branded iPhoen 5S -> SE Also unlock the 5S

Haven't done a phone "upgrade" before, how to do transfer my service from my iPhone 5S to new SE? Can I just take the SIM out and put it in the new phone? Do I need to call and transfer the device?

I will wipe the old phone and unlock it since I've had it for over 12 months. Anyone do this yet? My intention is to sell on eBay and hopefully get more for being unlocked. What does being "unlocked" even mean?

Thanks sorry for the newbie questions. We've had Total since June 2016 and like it more than Net10 that we had before.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
    Haven't done a phone "upgrade" before, how to do transfer my service from my iPhone 5S to new SE?
    Chat works best.

Can I just take the SIM out and put it in the new phone?
    Not if you're going to reuse/sell the old one.

Do I need to call and transfer the device?
    Chat works best.

I will wipe the old phone and unlock it since I've had it for over 12 months. Anyone do this yet?
    Good luck with this you'll be one of the first.

What does being "unlocked" even mean?
    http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-Is-an-U...8258720/g.html

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Get it unlocked before you transfer to the SE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Get it unlocked before you transfer to the SE.
    So I was successful in getting the primary line unlocked. Here is the rub and it kinda pisses me off. I have a two-line family plan with my phone listed first. This one they unlocked. The second phone is not eligible because each month the pin is auto billed to the first phone, so the second phone does not meet the 12 month in service requirement.

Yeah...I know...I called multiple times they each said the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Ok to round this out used Facebook chat and both lines were done in under five minutes working right out of the box. We’ll see if autopay for my two line plan transfers over.

Boo hiss on the non availability to use the WiFi hotspot on the phone but that’s what you get for $31/line I guess under VZ.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for reporting back, I am in the same boat, one of my family plan lines will be due to unlocking, but is not the "primary" line.
    It's sad that you needed to use FB support for that - I don't have FB and not planning to get it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Thanks for reporting back, I am in the same boat, one of my family plan lines will be due to unlocking, but is not the "primary" line.
    It's sad that you needed to use FB support for that - I don't have FB and not planning to get it.
    I've had better luck with chat as well, also when dealing with sim and IMEI numbers its better because they can easily see vs having a language barrier. I've used the chat function on their web site as well. I have heard FB chat is staffed by Americans but don't know if that is true or not.