Thread: Adding a Note 8 to account

Device(s)
    Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Adding a Note 8 to account

So I outright bought a note 8 from Samsung directly. I wanted to add it to my Bell account so I can use the enhanced messaging feature. However I have an old Thunder Bay plan and when I tried to update my phone online - Bell states that my phone is not compatible with my rate plan.

Is there any way around this? My G7Edge is currently what is on my account. Additionally, does anyone know if advanced messaging should work even without updating my profile? My sim card is already an LTE sim card, however I don't see the feature working.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by allibee View Post
    So I outright bought a note 8 from Samsung directly. I wanted to add it to my Bell account so I can use the enhanced messaging feature. However I have an old Thunder Bay plan and when I tried to update my phone online - Bell states that my phone is not compatible with my rate plan.

Is there any way around this? My G7Edge is currently what is on my account. Additionally, does anyone know if advanced messaging should work even without updating my profile? My sim card is already an LTE sim card, however I don't see the feature working.
    I bought my S8+ from Bell and added it to my Tbay plan.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    I get the same issue, although my phone is not from bell I had it unlocked (from Koodo). It won’t let me add it online your going to have to call bell for them to put it on without changing ur plan.

VoLTE does not work, nor do rcs messaging and its really annoying. Of course bell says cuz I did not get the phone from them it won’t work. Yet my iPhone 7 I got bought unlocked as wifi calling and VoLTE working. Wifi calling also doesn’t work on my S8

Not sure how to get this to work as I’d like for them to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BB Pin : 2178942E feel free to add always down to chat haha

Device(s)
    Note 4, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frostyisgod View Post
    I get the same issue, although my phone is not from bell I had it unlocked (from Koodo). It won’t let me add it online your going to have to call bell for them to put it on without changing ur plan.

VoLTE does not work, nor do rcs messaging and its really annoying. Of course bell says cuz I did not get the phone from them it won’t work. Yet my iPhone 7 I got bought unlocked as wifi calling and VoLTE working. Wifi calling also doesn’t work on my S8

Not sure how to get this to work as I’d like for them to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wi-Fi Calling on Bell only works with iPhone devices according to Bell: https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Wi-Fi-Calling

Out of curiosity, where did you buy your unlocked iPhone 7? The Apple Store?