Thread: Old Unlimited Data Plan Video Streaming

Device(s)
    Samsung Gallaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Old Unlimited Data Plan Video Streaming

I am currently on the Old Unlimited Grandfathered Data Plan, thinking to switch to the New Unlimited in order to save $100 a month for all 5 lines on the account.
    I read that all video streaming speeds on all plans have been reduced to 720 but I am still getting 1080.
    I thought the reduced streaming applies to Old Unlimited plans as well.
    Could anyone verify?
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Device(s)
    SM-G935U
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It applies to everyone. 720 is the max. You'll see it in time. A gUDP customer on Reddit was just mentioning they started seeing it.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    It applies to everyone. 720 is the max. You'll see it in time. A gUDP customer on Reddit was just mentioning they started seeing it.

Sent from my SM-G935U using HoFo mobile app
    Link to the post?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Gallaxy SIII
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I also asked because I am still getting 1080 without problem. Was wondering if it is because I am still on the Old Unlimited Plan. I guess it will come in phases.

Sent from my SM-G955U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2007 View Post
    I also asked because I am still getting 1080 without problem. Was wondering if it is because I am still on the Old Unlimited Plan. I guess it will come in phases.

That sucks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2007 View Post

Not all areas are being throttled yet. Dallas, for instance, isn't throttled yet.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you're wondering if the throttle has been applied to you, run a Speedtest (or use speedsmart.net on your browser if you don't have a speed test app), then on your browser run fast.com - all while not connected to WiFi.

If you're throttled, you'll see fast speeds on the first Speedtest but on fast.com you'll see speeds around 3.5 Mbps for 720p throttle or 1.5-2.0 Mbps for 480p. That's because fast.com is run by Netflix so it measures video speeds/throttling.

If you're getting fast speeds on both speed tests, you're not throttled.

If you're getting slow speeds on both speed tests, it just means you're in a congested area, not necessarily throttled.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I used to have it in my area however it is not being throttled anymore. It really didn't make a difference anyways. In areas that you do see the throttle, if you do Airplane mode once the throttle is gone for a few days.