Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What a T-Mobile/Sprint merger would look like coverage wise.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Better close ups of Combined Coverage. With Sprint 2G/3G/LTE/LTE +: and T-Mobile 2G/3G/4G/LTE Nationwide:
    West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky (SHENTEL MARKET):

North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois:

Kansas, Texas, and Missouri:

Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming:

Sent from my SM-J327P using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoul1989 View Post
    Better close ups of Combined Coverage. With Sprint 2G/3G/LTE/LTE +: and T-Mobile 2G/3G/4G/LTE Nationwide:
    West Virginia, Virginia, Tennessee, and Kentucky (SHENTEL MARKET):

North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois:

Kansas, Texas, and Missouri:

Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming:

Idk. I'm not impressed

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    Idk. I'm not impressed
    I know what you mean. With the exception of Iowa, Nebraska, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin it's not much to look at but at least it would fill in some of those gaps and give people a newer and better option especially here in Shentel Land besides AT&T and USCC. I'm going to try and add this year's 600 MHz rollout to the map as well as the current USCC LTE roaming coverage in Iowa and next years rollout of USCC LTE roaming in the other 4 states. Also going to try and
    add any other LTE roaming partners when I get a chance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    Idk. I'm not impressed
    It doesn’t look very impressive but the EOY 2017 T-Mobile map sure does. I hope they are actually able to build all that out. Doesn’t generally affect me where I live (coverage is already great) but it would be nice to see.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I know what you mean. With the exception of Iowa, Nebraska, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin it's not much to look at but at least it would fill in some of those gaps and give people a newer and better option especially here in Shentel Land besides AT&T and USCC. I'm going to try and add this year's 600 MHz rollout to the map as well as the current USCC LTE roaming coverage in Iowa and next years rollout of USCC LTE roaming in the other 4 states. Also going to try and
    add any other LTE roaming partners when I get a chance.

Great job on that map! With the added 600 MHz coverage slated for the next couple of years it will fill in nicely.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    A lot of the coverage added with Sprint is in places where T-Mobile already has coverage via partners, like Viaero and Iowa Wireless. There are places where T-Mobile would really rather let someone else do the leg work. They seem quite happy letting Viaero handle Nebraska, outside of Omaha and Lincoln. So, adding Sprint's coverage in Nebraska doesn't add a lot.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    They really don’t like Montana, Wyoming, and Nebraska, huh? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neurodave View Post
    They really don’t like Montana, Wyoming, and Nebraska, huh? Lol
    I'm sure they "like them" just fine, they just prefer to have good roaming relationships in those markets, rather than serving them directly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I'm sure they "like them" just fine, they just prefer to have good roaming relationships in those markets, rather than serving them directly.
    Oh, I’m sure. I’m just kidding. I know Wyoming’s population is that of a mid-size city. So I can’t blame them...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neurodave View Post
    Oh, I’m sure. I’m just kidding. I know Wyoming’s population is that of a mid-size city. So I can’t blame them...

Montana should get some expansion in the former cellular one areas for Sprint.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I know there will be a lot of redundant sites but man the density they will have if they keep some of them strategically.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if T-Mobile LTE speeds would take a hit though? Sprint's LTE is sooooooo slooooow. When I had Sprint, during the rare times I actually got LTE, it was always 3-5mbps down at best. I don't think I ever broke 10 mbps with Sprint and "LTE" felt more like HSPA to be honest. I'd imagine T-Mobile would have to do some work to all those Sprint towers with "LTE". Except for maybe that one spot in a million where if you lift your right leg up in the air and stick out your tongue, you might get a bar of "LTE Spark".

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Coverage Map with T-Mobile and Sprint 2G/3G/4G/LTE:
    T-Mobile- Green
    Sprint- Yellow
    T-Mobile Updated EOY- Purple

LTE Roaming Partners:
    US Cellular in Iowa with WA, OR, CA, AND WI being added next year- Light Blue
    Viaero Wireless in NB, KS, WY, CO, and SD- Light Green
    Cellular One of Arizona and New Mexico- Dark Blue

Feedback Score
    Coverage Map with T-Mobile and Sprint 2G/3G/4G/LTE:
    T-Mobile- Green
    Sprint- Yellow
    T-Mobile Updated EOY- Purple

LTE Roaming Partners:
    US Cellular in Iowa with WA, OR, CA, AND WI being added next year- Light Blue
    Viaero Wireless in NB, KS, WY, CO, and SD- Light Green
    Cellular One of Arizona and New Mexico- Dark Blue

Nice! That looks more like it. Maine still looks like less coverage than EOY projections unless they recently changed it.
    That looks pretty impressive though.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T(work)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    Yeah, Shentel. Kind of an enigma. It looks like they are involved with Sprint all the way from Allentown, PA to Bristol, VA/TN. Last year they bought out nTelos and I think that territory goes into Arkansas (someone mentioned this on another thread).

I know that Shentel towers are in place because they are visible all along I-81. T-Mobile does need a tower to deploy 600 MHz, correct, as opposed to the roofs of a tall buildings that there are few and far between in Central PA and VA?

Also, there are quite a few Shentel retail locations so finding a store shouldn't be a problem.

Here is an article by a stockbroker/blogger John Zhang telling why he thinks that Shentel is a good backdoor play into the T-Mobile-Sprint buyout.
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/409...-mobile-merger
    I left Sprint right as Shentel was taking over from nTelos. I’m back right now with the year of free phone service and I must say Shentel has their stuff together. nTelos was cash strapped and failing and Shentel now has things under control.

I live in Charlottesville and stay around the Shentel coverage border in Louisa County. The second you leave Shentels area it is clear that Sprint is running the area as the coverage is sparse and the data speeds are abysmal. Only thing that I have noticed that Sprint does a much better job of is Band 41 roll out. Charlottesville has 41 but not on a lot of sites that need it. I truly do believe if the whole sprint network was like Shentel they would not be in the shape they are today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2