Thread: Blacklisted Sprint iPad Pro -- Questions

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Question Blacklisted Sprint iPad Pro -- Questions

I recently bought a 9.7" iPad Pro advertised as Wi-Fi only. Turns out, it's a Sprint model that is currently on a plan (soon to be blacklisted). All they did was remove their SIM card and sell it off.

Am I "safe" to still use this device? It's not reported stolen, it's not iCloud locked. I am trying to contact the seller to ask him if this device is on a Sprint lease. Besides not being able to use cellular service on the iPad, will anything bad come of me keeping this iPad (or if he won't let me return it)? I'm signed into my iCloud, Find My iPad is on, everything is synced and looks fine.

I know talk of blacklisted devices usually leads to asking about ESN/IMEI swap/hack/soft mod, just to be clear: I AM NOT ASKING FOR HELP ACTIVATING THIS DEVICE ON ANOTHER SERVICE.

Thanks for all your advice!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by methamp View Post
    I recently bought a 9.7" iPad Pro advertised as Wi-Fi only. Turns out, it's a Sprint model that is currently on a plan (soon to be blacklisted). All they did was remove their SIM card and sell it off.

Am I "safe" to still use this device? It's not reported stolen, it's not iCloud locked. I am trying to contact the seller to ask him if this device is on a Sprint lease. Besides not being able to use cellular service on the iPad, will anything bad come of me keeping this iPad (or if he won't let me return it)? I'm signed into my iCloud, Find My iPad is on, everything is synced and looks fine.

I know talk of blacklisted devices usually leads to asking about ESN/IMEI swap/hack/soft mod, just to be clear: I AM NOT ASKING FOR HELP ACTIVATING THIS DEVICE ON ANOTHER SERVICE.

Thanks for all your advice!
    I would imagine you are fine 🏻

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    nothing wrong with blqclosted tablets or iPads, I lost an iPad pro when I was hiking and later it was returned but by then I already had an replacement coming to me, all I did was reset the allergy back to factory reset and sold it off, you can use any tablet on wifi well maybe not verzion those Dame tablets like their phones try to activate after you reset them

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on T-mobile network
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Carrier(s)
    Cricket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    All iPads come unlocked you might be able to use it on some other carrier then sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk