Thread: $1 sprint plans

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    att & verizon (resellers of course)
    Feedback Score

$1 sprint plans

I saw virgin was offering the $1 plan.. along with the other sprint reseller (boost) which of these is the best deal?

Feedback Score
    Why not get it from sprint directly. I did that and it is good. 10 GB of hotspot included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theemaster View Post
    I saw virgin was offering the $1 plan.. along with the other sprint reseller (boost) which of these is the best deal?
    The free Sprint postpaid plan is great too for those who can qualify for their credit check.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    The free Sprint postpaid plan is great too for those who can qualify for their credit check.
    Where is it at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2388 View Post
    Where is it at?

https://www.sprint.com/1yearfree
    https://slickdeals.net/f/10235008-on...-for-lines-3-5

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bommai View Post
    Why not get it from sprint directly. I did that and it is good. 10 GB of hotspot included.
    I thought you had to pay like 1 year of taxes.. aka the resellers were better?

I'm guessing if you get sprint direct.. then you maybe get verizon/alltel roaming?

Feedback Score
    I thought you had to pay like 1 year of taxes.. aka the resellers were better?

I'm guessing if you get sprint direct.. then you maybe get verizon/alltel roaming?
    That is a good point re taxes. I am paying about $3.20 a month in taxes in NC on the free Sprint plan. But it includes unlimited data (subject to deprioritization but not throttling over 23 GB).

It does include roaming, yes.

Feedback Score
    I went with the free year of sprint. $3.89 in taxes so over a year - so over a year it would be $45 extra versus the virgin deal. I don't think boost does a $1 deal. The extra $45 plus the hard pull are the only real negatives. I called in to activate so didn't have to buy a sim.

Here are some pros....
    Got one of my phones unlocked that I would never have been able to without a sprint line
    Sometimes there are deals on phones that you need a sprint line to get
    More roaming including international roaming
    Hotspot included ($10 a month on virgin)
    Can use android phones (virgin requires iphones only)
    Since it is postpaid you are not going to get deprioritized as much as with virgin.
    Virgin customer service is worse than sprint.
    Sprint has wifi calling but virgin does not.

Feedback Score
    I am using a refurb (freedompop) iPhone6 with the Sprint $1 deal. My monthly bill is $3.80.
    I also decided to join the VM $1 program by purchasing a refurb iPhone 6s (for a very good price) from VM. My monthly bill is 8 cents.

From my short experience with VM, I seem to have better LTE speed with my VM phone. (I also expect to unlock the VM phone after 14 days with them).

From my experience, I am leaning towards keeping my VM service and ditching the Sprint service. I am in an area with relatively good Sprint coverage. I don't trust Sprint/VM for anything serious so I still intend to keep my other service with ATT or VZW MVNOs (depending on who has a good deal).

Feedback Score
    Yep the iphone 6 doesnt have sprints band 41. Thats there fastest speed band. The 6s does. Thats why you see the speed difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2388 View Post
    Yep the iphone 6 doesnt have sprints band 41. Thats there fastest speed band. The 6s does. Thats why you see the speed difference.

Actually iPhone 6 does have B41 it was the first iPhone to support it. It just doesn't support carrier aggregation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Actually iPhone 6 does have B41 it was the first iPhone to support it. It just doesn't support carrier aggregation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Only specific model of iPhone 6. Probably the ones for CDMA

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    something new I learned today.. your account is supposed to be postpaid.. from verizon, att or tmobile how are people getting around this? or is this wrong information?

Feedback Score
    something new I learned today.. your account is supposed to be postpaid.. from verizon, att or tmobile how are people getting around this? or is this wrong information?
    Are you getting your information from a store? They are not trained for this offer and cause major problems if you involve them (as you may have found out). Often people are put on a paid plan (as I think maybe you were if that was your post on Slick Deals) if they involve a store.

If you are talking about the free one year byod offer, you do NOT have to be coming from postpaid. You can port a number from anything except a Sprint mvno. I have done 3 ports and none were from Postpaid. This is well known and understood, it is in the Slickdeals FAQ,. The phone reps will even confirm it.

Their target market was indeed postpaid users but that is not an issue in the way they are actually doing it.

Another thing is that all free and clear Sprint POSTPAID phones can sign up as well as the models listed. I even activated a Dura XT flip phone as a placeholder.

And a final thing is that you can swap phones at any time through tech support to another phone you own. This is not the same thing as an "Upgrade" through Sales to a discounted Sprint new phone offer which is restricted for a time.

By the way, there is no $1 amount involved in the Sprint offer (the Virgin offer had a $1 amount). For the Sprint offer, it is $5 a month less $5 autopay discount (net zero). There are taxes of about $3.50 a month.
    Last edited by comintel; 10-08-2017 at 02:29 PM.