Thread: Should I switch to T-Mobile One from original Simple Choice/JUMP, or is it a trap?

Feedback Score

Should I switch to T-Mobile One from original Simple Choice/JUMP, or is it a trap?

Last edited by Trek234; 09-25-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Feedback Score

Should I switch to T-Mobile One from original Simple Choice/JUMP, or is it a ...

Your phone purchase plan and your service plan are not married. Pay off your phone and cancel JUMP 1.0, then go to the new JUMP when you’re ready to upgrade. You can do that without losing your grandfathered rate plan, and should have little trouble upgrading every year.

What other account changes do you think you might need? Remember that if you like streaming video in HD, you’ve got one of the best single line postpaid rate plans for it. In my mind, that’s more important in the long run than being concerned about hypothetical future plan changes. If you ever want to add lines or something, just cross that bridge when you come to it. Enjoy the rate plan while it suits your needs.

ONE requires paying extra for HD video, and you have to do autopay to get the advertised price. I wouldn’t call it a trap per se, but your grandfathered plan is just cheaper.

Feedback Score
    Be very very careful
    If you're among the top users you maybe throttled on the new plan. You may lose your discount. Also ensure the numbers are favorable. Don't trust TMobile store employees. Double check the numbers.

Long story short, I've had repeated negative experiences in this front.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not sure what you mean by not being able to make changes online or add phones. You can add lines over the phone or in the store, view your account online and make changes etc. I have the 1st simple choice plan and the 1st Jump and I haven't noticed any restrictions. Always go to the mobile Facebook page and message them. They will help you, they are called T-Force. I only contact them, I feel store employees have their own agenda and are not capable of customer service. Stick with T-Force. They will do almost anything to keep you as a customer.

Device(s)
    LG-G4, wife S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Good point - re: using "T-Force" or buying online. Store employees are often more interested in earning a commission. One advantage of getting help via chat - you have everything in writing.
    Question - I assume dealing w. "T-Force" is in writing?
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    6 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. 2G fast data on each line . $120/mo. + taxes. We have had no landline in more than 10 years.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I do it via Twitter
    However competence of service reps varies. Best part, you have record of conversation

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Badrsj View Post
    If you're among the top users you maybe throttled on the new plan.
    Deprioritized during periods of network congestion != throttled.

Feedback Score
    https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/19/...-you-use-50gb/

"Carriers throttling user speeds is now the reality we live in, but most mobile plans only squeeze your rate once you've downloaded an arbitrary amount of data. T-Mobile is raising the threshold at which they optionally throttle customers' data from 32GB to 50GB, which it claims is still pretty high -- enough to stream hours of content every day for a month and still have gigabytes of data left over."

And they way they deprioritize you after 50gb is by.... get this?....throttling.