Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: confused: my $45 plan expired two days ago, have $45 balance, why didn't it renew?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    200
    Feedback Score
    0

    confused: my $45 plan expired two days ago, have $45 balance, why didn't it renew?

    I'm a little confused. I signed up for AT&T Prepaid $45 plan a month ago. The 1st month ended 2 days ago. Below is what I see when I log into my account online:

    Account Summary

    $45 Monthly

    Plan Expired on Sep 22

    Current Balance $45



    I added the $45 balance back on Sept 15. Should the $45 be automatically deducted on Sept 23 for the plan renewal?

    I"m currently in the mountains in Upstate New York where there's zero AT&T signal. I won't be in an AT&T service area until Saturday(9/30) when I drive down to NYC.

    Is it not being renewed because AT&T's system is not seeing the phone?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    18,639
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Are any taxes and fees deducted when you renew your service plan?
    Earl F. Parrish

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    200
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Are any taxes and fees deducted when you renew your service plan?
    When I added $45, it did collect about $3 in taxes.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    18,639
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    So, you need at least $48 in your account to renew.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    80
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    confused: my $45 plan expired two days ago, have $45 balance, why didn't it...

    Was that your third month of service? It was a promotion where you get the third month free.

    Also about the taxes, only autopay collects taxes. I am not on autopay and I make a deposit each month and only $45 is deducted.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    593
    Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    Was that your third month of service? It was a promotion where you get the third month free.

    Also about the taxes, only autopay collects taxes. I am not on autopay and I make a deposit each month and only $45 is deducted.
    But if you are on autopay , isn't it only $40 per month?
    .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    80
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    But if you are on autopay , isn't it only $40 per month?
    Autopay does not include taxes. It is $40 plus tax. It's in the fine print.

    If the account is loaded with a voucher, they assume tax was paid when the voucher was purchased.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    200
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    Autopay does not include taxes. It is $40 plus tax. It's in the fine print.

    If the account is loaded with a voucher, they assume tax was paid when the voucher was purchased.
    If I buy those $45 refill cards in Delaware or any other no-sales-tax state, will I be charged sales tax? (asking because I'll be driving through Delaware next week)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    80
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    If I buy those $45 refill cards in Delaware or any other no-sales-tax state, will I be charged sales tax? (asking because I'll be driving through Delaware next week)
    I guess yes if there is no sales tax.

    If you buy from callingmart.com with a 10% discount code you can get a $45 voucher for $40.50. There is no tax unless you live in FL (I think).

    The current code is FALL1710. It expires on 10/17. Sign up for their newsletter for regular discount codes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,894
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score
    0

    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    If I buy those $45 refill cards in Delaware or any other no-sales-tax state, will I be charged sales tax? (asking because I'll be driving through Delaware next week)
    Many states do not charge "sales tax" on services. But tend to have other names for taxes on cell phones.
    Just because a state is "no sales tax" does not mean there are not taxes you might pay when you but phone time there. You might try googling for cell phone taxes and rates for Delaware.

    You might not be charged for sales tax but there might be other taxes and fees.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4
    Feedback Score
    0
    Delaware, like many other states, have a 911 tax on wireline and wireless (postpaid/prepaid) refills.
    See nena.org/?page=911RateByState
    I went into a Target and there was a 911 fee on EACH refill card I bought. (No wonder all the high value cards were gone.)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    593
    Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by batcave View Post
    I guess yes if there is no sales tax.

    If you buy from callingmart.com with a 10% discount code you can get a $45 voucher for $40.50. There is no tax unless you live in FL (I think).

    The current code is FALL1710. It expires on 10/17. Sign up for their newsletter for regular discount codes.
    Do you have current code? Also, I have sim card that I bought from Walmart before I left country. I never activated it. I want to activate it when I arrive this weekend. Can I add the callingmart voucher for initial use, when I setup account with autopay ?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,704
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Do you have current code?
    There is no current Callingmart code. They usually release a new one toward the end of each month & then they typically expire near the middle of the next month. Keep checking the following web page for a new code, it will probably be released sometime next week.
    http://marketing.callingmart.com/promo/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    40
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Do you have current code?
    ca3p-1207 for 3% off.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    80
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Duos
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Do you have current code? Also, I have sim card that I bought from Walmart before I left country. I never activated it. I want to activate it when I arrive this weekend. Can I add the callingmart voucher for initial use, when I setup account with autopay ?
    The next code will be sometime next month, probably a few weeks before Thanksgiving. Sign up for their newsletter for the codes.

    Autopay takes the monthly amount from your checking or debit card, but also charges you taxes. It doesn't make sense to use both vouchers and Autopay as the voucher amount will never get deducted. It might be cheaper depending upon your state. For me, if I use Autopay, the taxes exceed $5 so it's cheaper for me to buy vouchers at Callingmart - even without a discount. But I can usually use the 10% coupons.

    Yes you can use your voucher to initially load the account.

Similar Threads

  1. I ordered my phone two days ago and...
    By gsmboi in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 04:30 AM
  2. can i split my family plan into two separate lines?
    By action-packed in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 10:40 PM
  3. Changed my fam plan to two separate accounts with no etf!
    By rcnacura in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2004, 12:24 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 09:25 PM
  5. Bought an 8890 two days ago...
    By frail in forum Nokia
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2003, 01:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks