Thread: Use A TracFone On PagePlus?

Feedback Score

Use A TracFone On PagePlus?

I have a PagePlus Pay-As-You-Go account that has worked great as a backup phone for only $80 a year. The phone a original Motorola Droid is getting pretty slow and beat up. I would like to keep the same account, I have over $200 credit built up on the account, but change the phone to a newer faster phone. I have a TracFone LGL16C that I never activated with TracFone. I think the LGL16C works with the Verizon network just like PagePlus does. Can I transfer the LGL16C to the PagePlus account? Will I need to jailbreak or Root the phone?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); Moto G (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The type of account or service you have on PPC is officially referred to as their Standard Plan (their brand for PAYGO). This type of service, as well as their $12 monthly plan, are restricted to using older 3G type devices (non LTE in other words - no SIM cards used). Very limiting at this point in time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amred View Post
    I have a PagePlus Pay-As-You-Go account that has worked great as a backup phone for only $80 a year. The phone a original Motorola Droid is getting pretty slow and beat up. I would like to keep the same account, I have over $200 credit built up on the account, but change the phone to a newer faster phone. I have a TracFone LGL16C that I never activated with TracFone. I think the LGL16C works with the Verizon network just like PagePlus does. Can I transfer the LGL16C to the PagePlus account? Will I need to jailbreak or Root the phone?
    You can only use a "3G" (non-LTE) CDMA phone on PagePlus "PAYGO" ("Standard Plan"). Your LGL16C is indeed a "3G"-only phone.

I was able to put on PagePlus a TracFone-branded LG Ultimate 2 L41C that actually had been briefly used on TF.

Why not just go to PagePlus and do a chat, give them your new phone's ESN, and ask them if it is compatible and will work?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    You can only use a "3G" (non-LTE) CDMA phone on PagePlus "PAYGO" ("Standard Plan"). Your LGL16C is indeed a "3G"-only phone.

I was able to put on PagePlus a TracFone-branded LG Ultimate 2 L41C that actually had been briefly used on TF.

Why not just go to PagePlus and do a chat, give them your new phone's ESN, and ask them if it is compatible and will work?
    Thanks for the info. It has been years since I have TALKED to anyone at PagePlus and had read that their customer service was poor. So, I was planning to input the ESN on the PagePlus web site and see what happened. I was going to wait to do this until my current subscription was almost over in March, so if anything got messed up I didn't lose much. If you did it I may get gutsy and try calling. I had read on the PagePlus site that a TracPhone would not work on PagePlus that's why I thought I would have to jailbreak the phone. If that is even possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by amred View Post
    Thanks for the info. It has been years since I have TALKED to anyone at PagePlus and had read that their customer service was poor. So, I was planning to input the ESN on the PagePlus web site and see what happened. I was going to wait to do this until my current subscription was almost over in March, so if anything got messed up I didn't lose much. If you did it I may get gutsy and try calling. I had read on the PagePlus site that a TracPhone would not work on PagePlus that's why I thought I would have to jailbreak the phone. If that is even possible.
    By "chat" I should have been more clear: I recommend a "text" chat (not a phone call). There is a link to text chat a rep on the PP website. I've used it and had good success. Plus you can get a written record of what was said by the rep.

"Jailbreaking" is a concept specific to iPhones, so best to not use that term. But you definitely don't have to "hack" "crack" or "root" a Verizon-network 3G phone to work on PP, on the PAYGO/"Standard Plan." BUT: never ever mention those terms ("jailbreaking", "hack" "crack" or "root") to a PP rep. It will give him/her all manner of excuses why things don't or won't work.

My limited personal experience, when I did it last year, was that a TracFone-branded Verizon-network 3G phone would work with no problem on PP. Worst care you get told "no" during the text chat. Best case they say "no problem."

Were it me, I would likely not even mention that it is a TF phone unless asked. Just provide the make/model and ESN...

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Just put the ESN in here: https://www.pagepluscellular.com/act...ew-activation/
    It won't have any affect on your existing account and it will tell you if it's eligible to be activated on PPC's standard plan.

Feedback Score
    Did it and it Qualifies! Thanks