Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Moto E4

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Saw your reply on SD. Just for completeness here. Appears to be whitelisted on Verizon but not Sprint. Whatever.
    That's pretty good. Not only is it then fully usable on the Vzw, AT&T, and T-Mo networks, it comes with a lot less bloatware and is bootloader unlockable. So that's probably worth an extra $15-ish dollars vs the Vzw prepaid version to a lot of people.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    That's pretty good. Not only is it then fully usable on the Vzw, AT&T, and T-Mo networks, it comes with a lot less bloatware and is bootloader unlockable. So that's probably worth an extra $15-ish dollars vs the Vzw prepaid version to a lot of people.
    Still don't understand why it's whitelisted for Verizon but not Sprint given the straight unlocked ones are good on all four. Given that it is bootloader unlockable that means life beyond Nougat.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Still don't understand why it's whitelisted for Verizon but not Sprint given the straight unlocked ones are good on all four. Given that it is bootloader unlockable that means life beyond Nougat.
    Me, neither. But weren't there some issues with some of the retail/fully unlocked versions of the Moto G4/G5 and/or E4 versions having IMEI issues with both Vzw and Sprint? Maybe it's just a fluke, and would be able to be used on the Sprint network with a little work/effort. Who knows?

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Me, neither. But weren't there some issues with some of the retail/fully unlocked versions of the Moto G4/G5 and/or E4 versions having IMEI issues with both Vzw and Sprint? Maybe it's just a fluke, and would be able to be used on the Sprint network with a little work/effort. Who knows?
    Yes, I think there was a delay before Verizon's database was updated to include the IMEI's of phones just released. I think it happened with a couple of phones.

Motorola probably sends them a list that has to be uploaded into their database. And until that's completed, they don't show up as compatible.

Feedback Score
    The us cell phone can be bought without a plan on their website. 21.19 with tax. Good phone. Why I bought a spare for that price

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg32901 View Post
    The us cell phone can be bought without a plan on their website. 21.19 with tax. Good phone. Why I bought a spare for that price

Well that's just unbelievable! Wish they would have allowed me to purchase one (or 3 at that price) for my out-of-service area. Considering that it's basically carrier unlocked and rootable, it's a heck of a deal!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1968 View Post
    Well that's just unbelievable! Wish they would have allowed me to purchase one (or 3 at that price) for my out-of-service area.
    How about arranging for kevdogg to buy them and ship them to you?

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score

Question

How did you do that? (Just curious)

I'm trying to purchase one and it's forcing me to pay for the phone & plan? I am not a USCellular customer
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    You do need to unlock it to use a TF/V SIM. I tried it with an activated SIM and it wouldn't work. It said "Preferred Network" and didn't connect. It didn't ask for an unlock code, however.

BTW and OT, but does anyone know how to turn on logging in the LTE Discovery app?
    Just for giggles I picked up a Verizon Moto E4 from my local Walmart. I put in a TF/Vz active SIM and the phone displayed "not a Verizon SIM. You can go ahead with WiFi set-up but won't be able to make calls/text/browse". I went ahead with the WiFi set-up, but I don't like the "response feel", So I'll be returning it and waiting for my US Cellular one to arrive =) I did play with a US Cellular display model at my local store and the 2 definitely act different (granted the US Cellular display model was fully set-up)

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Not if you don't live in US Cellular territory.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 640
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I inquired in post 140 and 149 about going from a Microsoft 640 to the Verizion version of this phone with Tracfone/AT&T service. Thanks to all for the advice, I opened a chat and the transfer went smooth, even my min and text bucket almost doubled which I won't complain about. I did have adjust Preferred network type to 3G then back to 4G as mentioned somewhere back in this thread to get voice calls to work. I also had to enter the APN from post 44 for data but everthing seems working now. I even see 4G from home at times and I live in rather weak signal area.

My only minor glitch which is more of an observation. I have the number code *777*1# set up in my contacts which is used to check my Tracfone Balance. On my 640 this worked fine, on the E4 when I access through the contact list it says "Connection problem or invalid MMI code". When I go straight to the keypad and dial it the code directly it goes through. Not that it a huge issue, just curious as to what the difference might be.

Feedback Score
    I can't get past the screen requiring me to be in a us cell area. What am I doing wrong?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rminor View Post
    I can't get past the screen requiring me to be in a us cell area. What am I doing wrong?
    You're not doing anything wrong. You have to use a zip code/location that is covered by U.S. Cellular. That will allow you to add an E4 to your cart BUT you won't be able to check out unless the credit card billing address and the shipping address are in a covered location.

Feedback Score
    Anybody know where to find / buy throwaway vzw IMEI numbers for net10 BYOP vzw, maybe broken phones that will never actually be utilized?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    Anybody know where to find / buy throwaway vzw IMEI numbers for net10 BYOP vzw, maybe broken phones that will never actually be utilized?
    Ebay where I've bought parts phones and cheap VZ LTE phones. Just search for "Verizon clean ESN" and check if phones are LTE or "Verizon clean IMEI". Swappa although I've never used them. C7recycle maybe.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast