Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 318

Thread: Moto E4

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    140
    Feedback Score
    0
    My Moto E4 is prepaid. Currently using up the month of us cell service then going to switch to either my TracFone or FreedomPop sim.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    282
    Device(s)
    Zte Zmax 2, Nokia 640
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That's what was happening with my Moto E4 and TF BYOP GSM SIM yesterday. Once I went into Settings-->More-->Cellular networks-->Acess Point Names and set up the APN, then it worked reliably with LTE. I used the APN-setting instructions below.

    Attachment 154119
    After seeing "no service" again, I decided to swap back to the TracFone ATT BYOP SIM. Instead of seeing the letter "H" at the top left of my signal strength bars for cellular service, now I am seeing "4G LTE" again, which I never saw with the Airvoice SIM.

    Are you using the Verizon Prepaid e4? When I navigate to the Access Point Names menu, I see the message "Access Point Name settings are not available for this user."

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,212
    Feedback Score
    0
    How much was it for each the phone and month of service?

    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg32901 View Post
    My Moto E4 is prepaid. Currently using up the month of us cell service then going to switch to either my TracFone or FreedomPop sim.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    282
    Device(s)
    Zte Zmax 2, Nokia 640
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg32901 View Post
    My Moto E4 is prepaid. Currently using up the month of us cell service then going to switch to either my TracFone or FreedomPop sim.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    I picked up the ZTE Blade Max 3 at a Walmart in eastern VA at a price that I couldn't pass up, without knowing what I could do with it until I got home. According to the terms I saw, I had to wait one year after activating it on US Cell before they would unlock it. It didn't specify that the phone had to be active more than a month, but their roaming data policy was limited to a max of 400mb/month, even at the $70/month level, so I decided it wasn't worth it, and inserted a Trac Verizon SIM attached to another IMEI and have used it for a couple of weeks so far.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,001
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dave940 View Post
    Are you using the Verizon Prepaid e4? When I navigate to the Access Point Names menu, I see the message "Access Point Name settings are not available for this user."
    Yes, I'm using a Verizon Prepaid E4 that I unlocked yesterday with a code bought on Ebay. With my TF BYOP GSM SIM in place, the screenshots below show what I have. The PRODATA APN is the one that I set up yesterday. It stays selected after several reboots.

    Name:  Screenshot_20170925-215358.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  25.4 KB

    Name:  Screenshot_20170925-215409.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  14.3 KB

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    282
    Device(s)
    Zte Zmax 2, Nokia 640
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    0
    Did not see the faint circle with the plus sign, which I should have used to set up the APN.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    140
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    How much was it for each the phone and month of service?
    Was 19.99 for the phone and 45 for one month service with unlimited talk and text and 5gb data on their Network. 400mb roaming. They have a 35 plan with 1gb data and 400mb roaming. Total including tax was around 70.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,259
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg32901 View Post
    Was 19.99 for the phone and 45 for one month service with unlimited talk and text and 5gb data on their Network. 400mb roaming. They have a 35 plan with 1gb data and 400mb roaming. Total including tax was around 70.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Is there US Cellular branding and/or are there US Cellular apps pre-installed?

    Can anyone think of reasons why the US Cellular Moto E 4 for $19.99+$35 for a 1 month plan + whatever taxes/fees, probably around $60 total, isn't a good deal, compared to buying one outright for the current $130 price for a regular retail version? One reason might be no Vzw network capability without using a SIM swap.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,001
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Can anyone think of reasons why the US Cellular Moto E 4 for $19.99+$35 for a 1 month plan + whatever taxes/fees, probably around $60 total, isn't a good deal, compared to buying one outright for the current $130 price for a regular retail version? One reason might be no Vzw network capability without using a SIM swap.
    Does the US Cellular version have CDMA support? How is the US Cellular phone + plan = $60 better than the Verizon version + unlock code + tax = $46?

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Does the US Cellular version qualify for bootloader unlocking? If so, US Cellular route @ $60 equals much better than Retail unlocked at $129.

    What is model # for US Cellular? Verizon is XT1767. Unlocked is XT1768.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,212
    Feedback Score
    0
    US Cellular itself uses CDMA technology. Don't know if this phone is Verizon compatible - guessing probably not. What's the phone's model number?

    Yeah, seems like the Verizon version is the better deal for TracFone usage as you've confirmed it works here for both carriers.

    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Does the US Cellular version have CDMA support? How is the US Cellular phone + plan = $60 better than the Verizon version + unlock code + tax = $46?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,259
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1968 View Post
    Does the US Cellular version qualify for bootloader unlocking? If so, US Cellular route @ $60 equals much better than Retail unlocked at $129.

    What is model # for US Cellular? Verizon is XT1767. Unlocked is XT1768.
    Hopefully kevdogg32901 can answer that, since he has one. I can't seem to find the Moto E4 US Cellular model #.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,001
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Take a look at https://www.motorola.com/us/carrier-compatibility . Not many unlocked Moto phones are compatible with US Cellular. Makes you wonder if US Cellular version is compatible with other carriers.

    P.S. Somehow that link goes to a different page when coming from Howard Forum. Try copying the link and going directly there.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    140
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Is there US Cellular branding and/or are there US Cellular apps pre-installed?

    Can anyone think of reasons why the US Cellular Moto E 4 for $19.99+$35 for a 1 month plan + whatever taxes/fees, probably around $60 total, isn't a good deal, compared to buying one outright for the current $130 price for a regular retail version? One reason might be no Vzw network capability without using a SIM swap.
    It has us cell bloatware on it. One reason. Would be if someone needs us cell coverage for a month. I don't have Verizon coverage where I live or I would try it on Verizon for inquiring minds. I know ATT and TracFone ATT SIM cards work in it out of the box with no unlocking needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Does the US Cellular version have CDMA support? How is the US Cellular phone + plan = $60 better than the Verizon version + unlock code + tax = $46?
    Yes US Cell is CDMA. It is better for me as I don't have Verizon coverage and can use the US Cell coverage for the month I have it for.

    Quote Originally Posted by mn1968 View Post
    Does the US Cellular version qualify for bootloader unlocking? If so, US Cellular route @ $60 equals much better than Retail unlocked at $129.

    What is model # for US Cellular? Verizon is XT1767. Unlocked is XT1768.
    I don't know as I don't unlock the bootloader on my phone. The model number is xt1768. Only way to know is to get one and try it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Hopefully kevdogg32901 can answer that, since he has one. I can't seem to find the Moto E4 US Cellular model #.
    The model number of my phone is xt1768.

    Hope this helps.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    324
    Feedback Score
    0
    Using the $39.99 Verizon version with a Trac Verizon sim will not cause any of these data / connection issues, right?

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint MVNO SIM for MOTO E4 (2017 Fourth Generation)?
    By bob teatow in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-30-2017, 04:26 PM
  2. Unlocked Moto E4 VoLTE capable on Verizon Prepaid ?
    By bamx2 in forum Verizon Prepaid
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-13-2017, 11:42 AM
  3. How to unlock Motorola Moto E4 Plus by Unlock Code
    By Codes2unlock in forum Codes2unlock.com - Unlock Your Phone Easily and Safely
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2017, 03:11 AM
  4. How to unlock Motorola Moto E4 by Unlock Code
    By Codes2unlock in forum Codes2unlock.com - Unlock Your Phone Easily and Safely
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2017, 02:58 AM
  5. How To Unlock Motorola Moto E4 By Unlock Code To Work With Any Network
    By UnlockUS in forum UnlockUnit.com & UnlockScope.com - Unlock Your Phone Safe, Fast and Secure!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 08:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks