Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Moto E4

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Using the $39.99 Verizon version with a Trac Verizon sim will not cause any of these data / connection issues, right?
    Don't believe so. None of those have shown up on my E4 and I'm using a TF/VZ SIM.

Feedback Score
    Ordered a backup.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Using the $39.99 Verizon version with a Trac Verizon sim will not cause any of these data / connection issues, right?
    I only used the Rebel 2 SIM in my E4 for a few hours for testing. No problems with calls, SMS, and MMS during that time. No APN set up needed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg32901 View Post
    I don't know as I don't unlock the bootloader on my phone. The model number is xt1768. Only way to know is to get one and try it.
    WTF! I was going to order one and experiment...but US Cellular doesn't service or sell products in 60504. I put in Rockford, IL zip and got to the check-out, but since they only ship to billing address on CC, my order was rejected. What's funny, in 60439 there is a US Cellular store - only 10 miles from my house in 60504. Guess what? The on-line map says 60439 doesn't get service/products either. HOW CAN THAT BE??? THERE"S A FRICKIN' STORE THERE!
    I guess I'll try going to the store when I have free-time...or if anyone else can confirm if the US Cellular E4 qualifies for bootloader unlocking.

EDIT: Hmmm. It appears Google may be wrong. Although Google shows a store in 60439, the US Cellular store locator doesn' show a single store near driving distance. Guess I'm outta luck.

Feedback Score
    Might have been part of the US Cell sell off to Sprint a couple years ago. I know Maine and Western MD both have US Cell coverage.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mn1968 View Post
    WTF! I was going to order one and experiment...but US Cellular doesn't service or sell products in 60504. I put in Rockford, IL zip and got to the check-out, but since they only ship to billing address on CC, my order was rejected. What's funny, in 60439 there is a US Cellular store - only 10 miles from my house in 60504. Guess what? The on-line map says 60439 doesn't get service/products either. HOW CAN THAT BE??? THERE"S A FRICKIN' STORE THERE!
    I guess I'll try going to the store when I have free-time...or if anyone else can confirm if the US Cellular E4 qualifies for bootloader unlocking.

EDIT: Hmmm. It appears Google may be wrong. Although Google shows a store in 60439, the US Cellular store locator doesn' show a single store near driving distance. Guess I'm outta luck.
    try using 65270 (moberly mo) or 63552 (macon mo) both towns have US cellular stores.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try using 65270 (moberly mo) or 63552 (macon mo) both towns have US cellular stores.
    Does me no good. My shipping/billing address is 60504. They don't service/sell products that are not in their service area.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon Plus version of this phone is $99.99 again @ Target. 5.5" phone, 5,000 mAh battery, 13 vs 8 MP camera. Another 5% off if you have the Target Red Card. AFAIK can be unlocked just like the E4.

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Take a look at https://www.motorola.com/us/carrier-compatibility . Not many unlocked Moto phones are compatible with US Cellular. Makes you wonder if US Cellular version is compatible with other carriers.
    I recall US Cellular using band different primary band for LTE.

And US Cellular doesn't do full BYOP, so they will only activate phones they sell. They may have relaxed that some, but only in specific devices.
    (Sounds like Verizon doesn't it)

They have roaming agreements with Verizon for customers outside of their coverage area so the support Verizon frequencies.

For years TF CDMA phones (pre-smartphones) were even activated on US Cellular in addition to roaming there. Caused some issues when moving to smartphones as customers thought they were on Verizon.

Feedback Score
    So I bought the $40 Walmart E4, popped in an AT&T byop tracfone sim, and used the ebay unlock code. Everything went great. I then replaced the sim with byop T-Mobile tracfone sim and activated it on tracfone. All that went great. But now I find out this phone doesn't do all the T-Mobile bands like 12. So I'm thinking about changing over to a Verizon tracfone sim. My question is does the sim need to be active before inserting it in the Moto or can I use a new tracfone byop Verizon sim?

Device(s)
    Moto G1, Moto E2, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rminor View Post
    So I bought the $40 Walmart E4, popped in an AT&T byop tracfone sim, and used the ebay unlock code. Everything went great. I then replaced the sim with byop T-Mobile tracfone sim and activated it on tracfone. All that went great. But now I find out this phone doesn't do all the T-Mobile bands like 12. So I'm thinking about changing over to a Verizon tracfone sim. My question is does the sim need to be active before inserting it in the Moto or can I use a new tracfone byop Verizon sim?
    For TracFone/Verizon, the SIM has to be active to use it in the E4.

Why do you say that it doesn't do band 12? There are other reports that it does work with band 12, although there was one person who swore it didn't have band 12 and then finally concluded that, while it supported band 12, it must be restricted somehow.

Try SignalCheck Lite or LTE Discovery to determine what bands you are getting.

Feedback Score
    Both apps just show band 4. How do I know if band12 is available?

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    So I bought the $40 Walmart E4, popped in an AT&T byop tracfone sim, and used the ebay unlock code. Everything went great. I then replaced the sim with byop T-Mobile tracfone sim and activated it on tracfone. All that went great.
    What was wrong with AT&T?

does the sim need to be active before inserting it in the Moto or can I use a new tracfone byop Verizon sim?
    SIM has to be registered to an IMEI that passes the Verizon check. The IMEI of the E4 won't pass the check so can't be registered.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Both apps just show band 4. How do I know if band12 is available?
    Are you in an area with band 12?

Most apps only show the signals available and that work with the current SIM.

My LG G2 can receive both 4 and 13 with Verizon, but at home only in shows 13 as not band 4 on towers near me.

Feedback Score
    Don't have good AT&T signal at my home. Pretty good T-Mobile service, very good Verizon service. My wife's on Verizon, I've been trying to talk her into trying T-Mobile's 55+ plan. Making sure her iPhone 6 will work with TM and my Moto E4 will too. That would be the cheapest plan. Can't beat $60 total per month for unlimited everything for two lines. My backup plan is to go back to Verizon on tracfone.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast