Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Moto E4

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skitty View Post
    If I reset the E4 to factory settings will it go back to the VZW PP locked version of the phone? I unlocked it and set it up to try it out but think I will give it to my husband. He needs a new phone now and I can go back to my Phoenix 2 until Black Friday deals happen!
    No, if you factory reset you do not lose the unlock status of the phone. That is permanent once unlocked.

I tried it with one of mine and it was fine. You will lose all of your settings and personal info, so make sure you back up what you want to keep before you factory reset.

Device(s)
    The activated one(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Safelink)
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by C8H10N4O2 View Post
    This WM store is about 30 minutes from me in Battle Creek, MI 49014

But, it says the Zip Code for THAT WM "will not work"?

So, a WM sells phones that will not work where they are located?
    I'm not sure what is up with WM's zip verify, because phones that I can pickup today in my zip AT my local (same zip) walmart, say they won't work

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or a cover themselves against "it doesn't work here" returns, but alas, if I can pickup today, I've never had a problem with the phone not working. =)

I also have a couple "decent" associates in our wireless department that I can run ideas by.
    My (Our) Phone History AaG:
    Tracfone (Vz) since '08 < BYOP/Vzw HTC Desire 526 since '16 < Huawei Glory H868C '14 < LG800g '12? < Motorola W376g '08
    Verizon & Sprint '05 < Razr+LG Cosmos 2 & LG Optimus '05
    Alltel & Cingular '03 < A Flip '03
    AT&T '01 < A Flip '01

Device(s)
    TF L33L
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (on AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    @tracbourne,

Thanks, go to know... I will just stop at the physical store and check.

Carrier(s)
    Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    I discovered the problem and the Moto E works fine. I had to go to google play to find the google app and update it!! I thought when an app got a new update google play would open automatically and ask to update. Does Moto not notify about updates or maybe just a glitch? Of course, it could be me ... I'm not use to this phone.

Carrier(s)
    Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    No, if you factory reset you do not lose the unlock status of the phone. That is permanent once unlocked.

I tried it with one of mine and it was fine. You will lose all of your settings and personal info, so make sure you back up what you want to keep before you factory reset.
    Thank you for the info. I have learned so much about cell phones from this forum!

Feedback Score
    Can anybody confirm in real time that band 5 LTE at&t works on this phone, i know sometimes T-mobile locked band 5 out on some of theirs handsets even though it technically was capable. Thanks

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I had to go to google play to find the google app and update it!! I thought when an app got a new update google play would open automatically and ask to update.
    Play store app should update in it's own, though it can take some time.

Check play store settings for notifications and auto-update.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I discovered the problem and the Moto E works fine. I had to go to google play to find the google app and update it!! I thought when an app got a new update google play would open automatically and ask to update. Does Moto not notify about updates or maybe just a glitch? Of course, it could be me ... I'm not use to this phone.
    In Play store settings you can chose to auto update or chose not to auto update. Also chose to update over Wi-Fi only, to save your data bucket.. You can chose not to auto update and also choose to be notified of pending updates. Then you go to the play store and chose which apps to update and which not. You have a lot of memory on the E4 so auto updating them all may not be a problem.

At the play store click on the three vertical stacked lines, up at top left. This is something you will go too often, so look at all that is there.

Carrier(s)
    Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    Got it! Thank you so much ST Dog & Tracfancier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post

After buying an unlock code on Ebay, I put the BYOP GSM SIM from my Phoenix 2 into the E4 and powered it up. The phone prompted me for the unlock code, I entered the code an it worked. The phone shows I had AT&T service.

When I tried to make a call, it kept getting disconnected as soon as I hit SEND. I did some research and found that there's a setting for Preferred Network Type. The options are: 4G/LTE, 3G, 2G and defaulted to 4G/LTE. After I set up the APN, then I was able to make calls with the setting at 4G/LTE. I was concerned that it might use Data to make calls, but after a bit of testing calls I did not see any reduction in my Data bucket. I tested sending some MMS and Data must be turned on manually for MMS to be sent/received.

I then turned off the phone, took out the BYOP GSM SIM and put in the CDMA SIM from my Rebel 2. Powered up the phone and it had Verizon service. The Preferred Network Type has only one setting which is LTE/CDMA. I made some test calls and they worked fine. I tested sending/receiving MMS and the phone turned Data on/off automatically to send/receive MMS. That was strange because I figured it's a phone feature instead of a carrier feature.
    This phone has caught my eye but .....

I find having to toggle Data on WiFi off manually to send an MMS - to be a nuisance.

Even more so for someone less tech-savy like say my wife ..... especially if they forget to reverse course afterwords & they end up staying on data when they should be on WiFi.

Now this is supposed to be standard operating procedure since Lollipop when using any 3rd party messaging apps.

3rd party messaging apps aren't supposed to have the ability to automate this process.

However, the only Lollipop+ phone that I've never been able to get to do this great automated toggling of "DATA ON - WIFI OFF" when sending MMS .......... when using the 3rd party app Textra --- is an unlocked ATT LG Phoenix2.

With that said - hpham and/or anyone else with this phone that has unlocked it & is using it with a GSM SIM ......

Do any of you use it with any 3rd party messaging apps ?.

More specifically - I'm really wanting to know if Textra can do its "Data On - WiFi Off" MMS magic like it has done with other Lollipop+ phones for me.

If no one is using Textra on one of these - could you perhaps install it & test it out for me ?.

Thanks.

PS - is the screen on this more of a traditional flat design on this vs the slightly curved glass of the Phoenix2 ?.

Just thinking ahead on screen protectors.
    BYOP X 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracmac View Post
    This phone has caught my eye but .....

I find having to toggle Data on WiFi off manually to send an MMS - to be a nuisance.

Even more so for someone less tech-savy like say my wife ..... especially if they forget to reverse course afterwords & they end up staying on data when they should be on WiFi.

Now this is supposed to be standard operating procedure since Lollipop when using any 3rd party messaging apps.

3rd party messaging apps aren't supposed to have the ability to automate this process.

However, the only Lollipop+ phone that I've never been able to get to do this great automated toggling of "DATA ON - WIFI OFF" when sending MMS .......... when using the 3rd party app Textra --- is an unlocked ATT LG Phoenix2.

With that said - hpham and/or anyone else with this phone that has unlocked it & is using it with a GSM SIM ......

More specifically - I'm really wanting to know if Textra can do its "Data On - WiFi Off" MMS magic like it has done with other Lollipop+ phones for me.

If no one is using Textra on one of these - could you perhaps install it & test it out for me ?.

Thanks.

PS - is the screen on this more of a traditional flat design on this vs the slightly curved glass of the Phoenix2 ?.

Just thinking ahead on screen protectors.
    Screen protectors on a $50 phone?

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score

PS - is the screen on this more of a traditional flat design on this vs the slightly curved glass of the Phoenix2 ?
    I was using a TF/VZ SIM in my Moto E4, but I swapped in the TF/AT&T SIM from my Phoenix 2 and installed Textra to test it for you. Textra did NOT turn Data On/WiFi Off automatically to send an MMS. The outgoing MMS just sat there and after a while it has an exclamation point on it. It didn't get sent. As I mentioned in my initial post, somehow the default Messages can do that, but only while using with a TF/VZ SIM, not while using with a TF/AT&T SIM.

The E4's screen is not curved like that on the Phoenix 2.

Feedback Score
    I was using a TF/VZ SIM in my Moto E4, but I swapped in the TF/AT&T SIM from my Phoenix 2 and installed Textra to test it for you. Textra did NOT turn Data On/WiFi Off automatically to send an MMS. The outgoing MMS just sat there and after a while it has an exclamation point on it. It didn't get sent. As I mentioned in my initial post, somehow the default Messages can do that, but only while using with a TF/VZ SIM, not while using with a TF/AT&T SIM.

The E4's screen is not curved like that on the Phoenix 2.
    Thanks.

You didn't dig down into any of Textra's settings did you ?.

Textra's magic isn't always automatic.

Sometimes you have to toggle between system or legacy under "MMS Behavior" or have the "T-Mobile WiFi Calling Fix" checked off/selected.

I dunno' why that fix is specifically called out as a T-Mob fix as it seems to work with ATT as well.

Name:  ___Textra01.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  106.6 KB

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You didn't dig down into any of Textra's settings did you ?
    No, I didn't dig deep into it.

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I was using a TF/VZ SIM in my Moto E4, but I swapped in the TF/AT&T SIM from my Phoenix 2 and installed Textra to test it for you. Textra did NOT turn Data On/WiFi Off automatically to send an MMS.
    This is a GSM problem on the E4 right?

Textra works ok with the Verizon SIM in the E4?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast