Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Is AT&T doing much to expand network?

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I haven’t seen an internal map to see how carriers towers compare to each other in individual markets. I do know AT&T coverage is quite good overall but can use improvement in some markets.

AT&T owns more bandwidth on the low band spectrum so AT&T shouldn’t need as many towers and should also have superior penetration of signal on the 700 band.

Tower sites are heavily dependent on costs to operate as well.
    Internal maps aren't needed, just a few cell nerds in the region mapping on cellmapper on the major 4.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've gotten a MTS notification a new site will be brought online within 60 days in lake village Arkansas

Feedback Score
    I live in NE Mississippi and there have been 2 towers built 3-4 years ago that are still empty. Antennasearch shows that they were built by AT&T and then the owner changed to American Towers. Both of these would fill huge coverage holes. That is the only activity I've seen here in years.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrebel30 View Post
    I live in NE Mississippi and there have been 2 towers built 3-4 years ago that are still empty. Antennasearch shows that they were built by AT&T and then the owner changed to American Towers. Both of these would fill huge coverage holes. That is the only activity I've seen here in years.
    Yep, that echos exactly what I have seen in my region. Several built but been abandoned for 3 years and antennas never installed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrebel30 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    Yep, that echos exactly what I have seen in my region. Several built but been abandoned for 3 years and antennas never installed.
    Sounds like they got abandoned when they halted spending in 2014. If they had built a tower around here then abandoned it I'd probably have been ripping my hair out over it all these years lol.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Is AT&T doing much to expand network?

Sites sit in Eastern Kentucky for years waiting for antennas to be installed.

Paintsville, KY had the structure for two years, antennas added after that, and it sat another year after that waiting to be activated.

Dorton, KY has a structure that’s been up since April. Still no antennas yet.
    Current Device: Black iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier: AT&T

Device(s)
    AT&T S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Maybe now because of the firstnet contract, they will use those towers that have been abandoned. It would make financial sense to anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Maybe now because of the firstnet contract, they will use those towers that have been abandoned. It would make financial sense to anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Would be great to be able to use your phone in the nearby stores and restaurants there in the city.

Feedback Score
    Would be great to be able to use your phone in the nearby stores and restaurants there in the city.
    AT&T has set aside a large capital budget this year for adding new towers. I believe they said 20,000 towers to be added this year if I recall. I can’t find the link to the article. Also AT&T due to Firstnet contract will be touching all of their towers in 18 to 24 months according to press releases.

Feedback Score
    AT&T has set aside a large capital budget this year for adding new towers. I believe they said 20,000 towers to be added this year if I recall. I can’t find the link to the article. Also AT&T due to Firstnet contract will be touching all of their towers in 18 to 24 months according to press releases.
    I found the article and it was 2,000 new AT&T towers for fiscal year 2017. Since AT&T doesn’t own the towers anymore, I don’t know if it is adding placement for antennas on 2,000 previously unused towers or not. Don’t know why it blocked me out from editing my previous post.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Yet earlier in this thread the talk was about the delays and difficulty getting towers approved.

Oh the irony.

Device(s)
    Le Pro3 / Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    I found the article and it was 2,000 new AT&T towers for fiscal year 2017.
    Are those projections on target? That's the million dollar question. I have my doubts.

Device(s)
    Nexus5/Nexus6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't put much faith in those as AT&T isn't touching all their towers for FirstNet. Some of those same articles claim they haven't deployed band 30 either which of course is very wrong.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't put much faith in those as AT&T isn't touching all their towers for FirstNet. Some of those same articles claim they haven't deployed band 30 either which of course is very wrong.
    Remember when we thought band 30 would only be deployed in urban areas due to its propagation characteristics? They've deployed it on a nationwide level even in the most rural areas.

Device(s)
    iPhones, Moto Series, (many)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It does make one wonder if profits are being absorbed by dividend investors and inadequate amount is put toward network improvements.
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast