Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Is AT&T doing much to expand network?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbrich View Post
    It does make one wonder if profits are being absorbed by dividend investors and inadequate amount is put toward network improvements.
    Absolutely. Not to mention going to the CEO's pocket too. They could invest WAY more into the network and have it be sustainable without a problem.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    AT&T has a market capitalization that eclipses Verizon yet sometimes the two networks seem worlds apart.

AT&T has a very enviable spectrum position compared to Verizon in some markets but sometimes they appear distracted with other interests like the buyout of DirecTV or the upcoming purchase of TimeWarner Media.

I rooted for AT&T to win the FirstNet contract even when everyone else kept saying Verizon was going to snag it.

As someone looking from the outside in it sometimes appears Verizon applies more urgency and priority when it comes to delivering on the network side.

I'd like to see AT&T win some awards for fastest LTE network, most reliable LTE network etc. in 2018. Maybe even swing market share momentum back towards winning valuable postpaid customers?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score

Is AT&T doing much to expand network?

Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    AT&T has a market capitalization that eclipses Verizon yet sometimes the two networks seem worlds apart.

AT&T has a very enviable spectrum position compared to Verizon in some markets but sometimes they appear distracted with other interests like the buyout of DirecTV or the upcoming purchase of TimeWarner Media.

I rooted for AT&T to win the FirstNet contract even when everyone else kept saying Verizon was going to snag it.

As someone looking from the outside in it sometimes appears Verizon applies more urgency and priority when it comes to delivering on the network side.

I'd like to see AT&T win some awards for fastest LTE network, most reliable LTE network etc. in 2018. Maybe even swing market share momentum back towards winning valuable postpaid customers?
    Not that Rootmetrics is 100 percent accurate, but if AT&T wants to be number 1, it would be an easy feat. They have the capacity to do so, and the capital. If they went on a massive densification spree and deployed a robust small cell network they could easily be on top. It's all up to them ...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Can someone share how many square miles AT&T's native network covers today vs their competition?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint :(, Verizon 2009-2015, US Cellular 2006-2008
    Feedback Score
    I havenever seen anything other then band 12 and band 2. Ever. I do feel that ATT can put a ton for investment into the network and it would destroy the competition. Shoot they could just start building out and capture some of Verizons market share especially here. I know of a lot of people that have DirecTV and no ATT service at all. If ATT could expand coverage then they could definitely pick up a lot more customers in my area. I think they should stop concentrating on all these mergers and such and start concentrating on the network. Cellular is the future even with satellite TV. I have been thinking about this and it could be done I think. I'd like to see the satellite receivers broadcast a cellular signal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I see *most* of Saratoga Springs, NY is blanketed with L850 and L2300, and will CA with L700, L1900, and L1700.

Also, I see Lake George Village of all places has L2300 and aggregates with L1900 and L700. Speeds peaked at 100mbit down. The three way CA extends in a lot of the southern part of the lake, mostly 700/1700/1900.

You would say this is more RF than what Verizon puts out.

Update: L2300 even in Bolton Landing, NY

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Can someone share how many square miles AT&T's native network covers today vs their competition?
    Look at fine print #5, Verizon seems to be claiming T-Mobile covers more square miles of LTE then AT&T...

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1506813392.852088.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  41.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1506813419.093833.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  59.9 KB

Compared to when Tmo launched the one Plan: http://www.verizon.com/about/facts-m...-announcements
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Is AT&T doing much to expand network?

Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    Look at fine print #5, Verizon seems to be claiming T-Mobile covers more square miles of LTE then AT&T...

Compared to when Tmo launched the one Plan: http://www.verizon.com/about/facts-m...-announcements
    According to that Verizon link AT&T has 400,000 square miles more of LTE coverage compared to T-Mobile.

Verizon has 2.34 million square miles of LTE network coverage. AT&T has nearly 600,000 square miles less LTE coverage than Verizon, T-Mobile has nearly 1 million square miles less than Verizon, and Sprint has nearly 1.5 million square miles less than Verizon.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    According to that Verizon link AT&T has 400,000 square miles more of LTE coverage compared to T-Mobile.
    The LINK is old, that’s back when T-Mobile ONE & Sprint Unlimited Freedom was announced. The screenshots are from the CURRENT Verizon website, and according to their verbiage, T-Mobile is their closest competitor. I’d find it hard to believe T-Mobile covers more square miles of LTE then AT&T, but I don’t have an easy way to disprove it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was reading somewhere today. Maybe even the Q2 earnings from AT&T and they said 2.4 million sq miles. Idk how accurate that is though. I used to know the number for each carrier but that was years ago before sprint even was a major player in LTE and both Verizon and AT&T were still upgrading hi think

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 View Post
    I was reading somewhere today. Maybe even the Q2 earnings from AT&T and they said 2.4 million sq miles. Idk how accurate that is though. I used to know the number for each carrier but that was years ago before sprint even was a major player in LTE and both Verizon and AT&T were still upgrading hi think

AT&T’s internal numbers will include their Mexican LTE coverage as well, which shouldn’t be taken into account when comparing US networks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    AT&T’s internal numbers will include their Mexican LTE coverage as well, which shouldn’t be taken into account when comparing US networks.
    Oh yea, i forgot about that one!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I noticed that. I thought I was just seeing stuff but that really should put things into perspective. With T-Mobile rolling out Band 71 LTE this year.... damn.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The LINK is old, that’s back when T-Mobile ONE & Sprint Unlimited Freedom was announced. The screenshots are from the CURRENT Verizon website, and according to their verbiage, T-Mobile is their closest competitor. I’d find it hard to believe T-Mobile covers more square miles of LTE then AT&T, but I don’t have an easy way to disprove it.
    AT&T probably has a lot of legacy HSPA sites that cover more ground geographically than T-Mobile.

Where I live though T-Mobile has done a better job of LTE densification with less drops to legacy "4G." AT&T still has large pockets of "4G," along parts of the 10 and 15 FWY's for example where T-Mobile has a pure LTE overlay. Same thing along the 8 FWY. I have no clue why they remain HSPA but they do have decent bandwidth and serve the areas just fine.

I'm not even sure if AT&T has even finished rolling out VoLTE north of the Santa Barbara area in California?
    Last edited by @TheRealDanny; 09-30-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I really find that hard to believe. Does anyone have a link to T's most recent quarterly? Can't find a good link.
    At least in my travels, upstate N.Y., T-Mobile isn't even close. Five sites I know of, that all neighbor each other, T-Mobile isn't even on. Verizon is on 3 of them, and has 2 others on there own. T has LTE running on all of them, some now have bands 2 and 4 running on them as well. That's a pretty decent amount of LTE in sq miles right there. Northeastern Dutchess county, eastern Colombia county, northwest Connecticut, and the western part of MA.
    I think part of the problem is that T is so tight lipped about there network expansions recently.

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast