T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile acquires remaining interest of iWireless

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If they can keep momentum going, Verizon and AT&T will have much to worry about in the coming years.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Awesome news. Keeps getting better and better.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    US Cellular now has a real competitor in Iowa.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I’ve never been to the Midwest but does T-Mobile have to do anything to use this spectrum once they finalize the deal?

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    About freaking time. Hopefully they will put the tower back up in my town. Iwireless packed up and left the county 2 years ago.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad to see this finally done. Especially with Iowa. Iwireless was supposed to finish there lte rollout for the state (or most of it) this year. But they pushed it back till next year. Now hopefully T-mobile keeps the "get the red out" promotion until the buyout is complete.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Good to see. Hopefully they can fix the coverage gaps in northwest Illinois. It was frustrating to visit a friend in Byron and only be able to get an occasional flash of service from towers in the Rockford area. About the only T-Mobile/iWireless transitions that were even close to seamless were on I-80 and I-88, and there are still a lot of 2G towers in iWireless territory.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think this is a clear example of why these smaller companies cannot compete with coverage and value like the big guys can. I'd rather seek any number of the big carriers offer the SAME service they give people in NYC, for example, in the smaller cities across the country. The fact that there were still 2G towers is unacceptable in the 21st century. The small carriers either have no money to modernize or they just don't want to spend it. Thus, people in small towns are stuck. Glad to see T-Mobile coming in and bring their uncarrier to even smaller areas of the country.

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    I think this is a clear example of why these smaller companies cannot compete with coverage and value like the big guys can. I'd rather seek any number of the big carriers offer the SAME service they give people in NYC, for example, in the smaller cities across the country. The fact that there were still 2G towers is unacceptable in the 21st century. The small carriers either have no money to modernize or they just don't want to spend it. Thus, people in small towns are stuck. Glad to see T-Mobile coming in and bring their uncarrier to even smaller areas of the country.
    Yea this is not T-Mobile sweeping in and saving Iowa. this is T-Mobile cleaning up the mess they created and even actively supporting just a year ago. This was a really bad experiment from the Voicestream days. Now lets see how long it takes to clean it up.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This was a smart business decision by T-Mobile that owned 50% of iWireless before this new deal. After the 600 Mhz auction as T-Mobile moves into Iowa they would be effectively competing against their own 50% ownership of iWireless. Business wise it isn't smart to own two companies that directly compete against each other that have separate network resources you have build each out.