Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iphone se

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Iphone se

Well, I went to Walmart this week & bought one of the I-phone se phones. First I install a working tracfone sim & would get the relentless startup-setup booting. I could not get to any of the home or dial screens. I installed a new non-active sim & the phone would start up normal & get all the features. So, I had the sim activated & the phone went back to the old ways of "boot-looping". I did the tracfone chat a couple of times, the first time the person ask if the phone was locked, I said it passed the tracfone serial number test & let me activate it. She said the phone could still be locked & also said the phone might need to be rebranded. She ask me to dial *73, which I could not do without a dial screen. The conversation ended after that. The second guy said the phone was registered with tracfone & the sim was showing it was working on his end. Said I must have a bad phone that was not recognizing the tracfone sim. Again conversation ended. Could anyone give me any ideas?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Iphone se

Sounds like it's one of those older CDMA tracfone sims. If you can see the carrier name in the upper left corner and it says Verizon that's the problem. You need the newer style CDMA sim.

Or if it's a T-mobile sim it will never work.

The boot looping indicates it's not a proper sim despite what tracfone says. If it's the sim that came with the SE it should work fine as the two SE's I've seen work fine with the included sim.

If I put in a non tracfone sim like a genuine Verizon postpaid sim the SE boot loops.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    As Tersanyus mentioned, it should work if you have your service switched over to the SIM that came in the iPhone SE.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It is a verizon sim. I have had it a year or two.... It shows 5 bars of service but doesn't show any carrier name in the display. Have the verizon LTE sims changed recently? I also still have the sim that came with the phone.. unactivated

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Tried to register the newest sim today... the phone is already registered to the other sim & it won't let me register this sim to this phone.

Feedback Score
    You should be able to us the TracFone website to transfer everything from one SIM to the other. If you can't figure it out, use TracFone chat (red icon from support page) and let a CSR do it.

Quote Originally Posted by 37721 View Post
    Tried to register the newest sim today... the phone is already registered to the other sim & it won't let me register this sim to this phone.
    Cheers!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is exactly how I got my Walmart Straight Talk iphone 6 to work. .......

1. I tried orignal Tracfone "Verizon" sim swap, NO WORK
    2. I chat with Tracfone CS, told them I was having trouble with my sim installing it in my iphone 5s and asked if they could move my service to a new BYOP sim that I had in hand.
    3. Tracfone CS asked for the sim number, I gave it to them
    4. CS said that he could move service to new sim
    5. CS asked me to power down phone and install sim
    6. CS power up phone, phone took a minute or two to activate
    7. After phone activated now showing "TFW" I placed a call from it and all was working.
    8. Popped the sim out and installed it in the iphone 6 and it's worked since.

The interaction with Tracfone CS took 15-20 minutes tops

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoDan View Post
    This is exactly how I got my Walmart Straight Talk iphone 6 to work. .......

1. I tried orignal Tracfone "Verizon" sim swap, NO WORK
    2. I chat with Tracfone CS, told them I was having trouble with my sim installing it in my iphone 5s and asked if they could move my service to a new BYOP sim that I had in hand.
    I just ordered a Straight Talk iphone SE so I am interested in this. (I want to use the phone on tracfone).
    Which type sim came with the iphone 6? ATT or Verizon ? Where in this scenario did you use the sim that
    came with the phone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    Which type sim came with the iphone 6? ATT or Verizon ?
    Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by weiden1 View Post
    Where in this scenario did you use the sim that came with the phone?
    I didn't, I sim swapped using a TF BYOP sim

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Tell them you lost your sim and have a new one ( using the sim that came in the phone)

You could also transfer to Trac ATT, it will work in your phone. This will release the imei. Then transfer back a day or two later.

Or transfer back to your old phone using old sim, this will release your imei so it can use the new sim. Wait a day or so and then transfer back to the new phone using the new sim.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how the lock works on these ST/TW iPhones (5S, SE, 6)?

If you insert an activated TF/V SIM and power on the phone and go through the steps to connect to WiFi and get to the main screen. Does that lock it then to TF/V? Or can I use it later with a TF/AT&T SIM? Or with activate it on TW or ST?

I've read some comments that it locks to the first SIM that's in it when it's powered on, but I'm wondering how that works exactly.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I gave this phone one more try. Again I used the online chat. After resetting the phone & trying many other things, it still said "activation required", I asked the customer service person if he could transfer to a different sim (the sim that came with the phone). He checked & came back with it won't transfer. Next I said let's try this new tracfone sim I have. He came back & said transfer successful. Still no service. The phone with an inactive sim boots up correctly to the home screen & says "service needed". With the active sim, it starts the redundant "activation required" & you can't even get to the home screen. So.. this phone goes back.. (customer service says I have a bad phone.... unlikely) P.S. I have had many tracfones for 15 yrs & I know the issues & downfalls when dealing with customer service.... But, for mild usage, the price can't be beat.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it locks to tracfone on Verizon or AT&T. I've used both several times. It's just strictly limited to tracfone company sims only.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 37721 View Post
    I gave this phone one more try. Again I used the online chat. After resetting the phone & trying many other things, it still said "activation required", I asked the customer service person if he could transfer to a different sim (the sim that came with the phone). He checked & came back with it won't transfer. Next I said let's try this new tracfone sim I have. He came back & said transfer successful. Still no service. The phone with an inactive sim boots up correctly to the home screen & says "service needed". With the active sim, it starts the redundant "activation required" & you can't even get to the home screen. So.. this phone goes back.. (customer service says I have a bad phone.... unlikely) P.S. I have had many tracfones for 15 yrs & I know the issues & downfalls when dealing with customer service.... But, for mild usage, the price can't be beat.
    I'm not sure why the CSR couldn't transfer the service from your existing SIM to the SIM that came installed in the iPhone SE. When my dad purchased a ST/TW iPhone 5s a little over a year ago, he called PPC and they transferred the service from his old phone to the new ST/TW iPhone 5s with no trouble.

My son just purchased a ST/TW 32GB iPhone SE from Walmart for $129 and did a SIM swap from his 5 year old iPhone 5. He uses TW. There were no issues and everything works as expected.

If you do exchange the iPhone SE that's giving you trouble for another one, let us know if the new one works any better.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    Does anyone know how the lock works on these ST/TW iPhones (5S, SE, 6)?

If you insert an activated TF/V SIM and power on the phone and go through the steps to connect to WiFi and get to the main screen. Does that lock it then to TF/V? Or can I use it later with a TF/AT&T SIM? Or with activate it on TW or ST?

I've read some comments that it locks to the first SIM that's in it when it's powered on, but I'm wondering how that works exactly.
    I had the 5s. Moved an ATT and Verizon sim (Tracfone) back and forth no problem. I even used it with pageplus (Trac sim it came with) and back to ATT sim no problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast