Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moto g5s plus

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Moto g5s plus

Does anyone know if hotspot would work straight out of the box on the moto g5s plus?

Also another question, would the moto g5s plus consider a downgrade from the Le eco Le pro3?

Thanks

Sent from my LEX727 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buglewe View Post
    Does anyone know if hotspot would work straight out of the box on the moto g5s plus?

Also another question, would the moto g5s plus consider a downgrade from the Le eco Le pro3?

Thanks

Yes it has the needed bands.

Feedback Score
    The G5 Plus will not tether out of the box with Cricket. They can control it. Works great with T-Mobile. Same is true for the G4 Plus.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    My G5 Plus from Costco tethers on Cricket, but I am paying the $10/month tether fee with the grandfathered 20 gig plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Droid Turbo 2, Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Changes often
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrelburner View Post
    My G5 Plus from Costco tethers on Cricket, but I am paying the $10/month tether fee with the grandfathered 20 gig plan
    *****Duh*****

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Exactly, you are paying for the tethering. Cricket can control it. The G4/G5 will not natively tether on Cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    The G5 Plus will not tether out of the box with Cricket. They can control it. Works great with T-Mobile. Same is true for the G4 Plus.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    So, no one has given an answer specifically for the new G5"s"+ model, but I suspect it will probably not tether "natively" with Cricket.

I'll also add that I suspect that le eco or whatever phone probably has a higher spec'd processor, but unless it has the newer os's(nougat, etc), it probably will prove, ultimately, to be inferior to the new Moto, especially since Moto has updated the camera app.

My new ZTE phone with "only" a snapdragon 435 processor but with nougat os can put my Idol 3, with snapdragon 615/marshmallow, to shame in certain tasks(cricket games).

But damn, probably no native tethering for Att/Cricket.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post
    So, no one has given an answer specifically for the new G5"s"+ model, but I suspect it will probably not tether "natively" with Cricket.

I'll also add that I suspect that le eco or whatever phone probably has a higher spec'd processor, but unless it has the newer os's(nougat, etc), it probably will prove, ultimately, to be inferior to the new Moto, especially since Moto has updated the camera app.

My new ZTE phone with "only" a snapdragon 435 processor but with nougat os can put my Idol 3, with snapdragon 615/marshmallow, to shame in certain tasks(cricket games).

Le eco stop updating the Le pro 3 since February. It is still on marshmallow. I heard I can add Nougat to this phone, but that is way technical above me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gwite View Post

A stock out of the box Moto G4 or G5 will not tether natively on Cricket. I have both phones and have tried both on Cricket.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    A stock out of the box Moto G4 or G5 will not tether natively on Cricket. I have both phones and have tried both on Cricket.

But do you have the G5 "S" Plus, lol?

Feedback Score
    If I had known the S was coming I would have waited as I like the 5.5 inch size better. My crystal ball is very cloudy. LOL

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I just started a line on Cricket with my Moto G4 and no, it won't hotspot and gave me the message that I need to add the tether option to my plan.

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I bought the Moto g5s plus this weekend. I really like it. I don't use hotspot often but if I do, I will use my le pro 3 for hotspot.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I tried to pay the $10 to tether on my G4 Plus and they said the system would not let them add it because it wasn't on the list. She still tried to force it but it wouldn't work. I gave the phone to my wife and bought a nexbit Robin. It will tether without asking Cricket permission. I would pay them if they would let me, but alas they don't want my money.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    so many model numbers, so confusing. I just want a smaller screen device with 3-4GB of RAM. NFC is tough for me to give up too, but my Nextbit Robin running OmniRom has an NFC bug that keeps it off anyway, so I guess I could deal.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast