Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moto g5s plus

Feedback Score
    The G5 Plus if you buy the top model is 4gb ram 64gb storage and a micro SD card slot. Great phone will work on all US carriers. Only issue no tethering on Cricket.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huntram View Post
    I tried to pay the $10 to tether on my G4 Plus and they said the system would not let them add it because it wasn't on the list. She still tried to force it but it wouldn't work. I gave the phone to my wife and bought a nexbit Robin. It will tether without asking Cricket permission. I would pay them if they would let me, but alas they don't want my money.
    Interesting as my G4 (after adding the $10. hot spot fee) works like a charm on Cricket. Wow, I wonder how the Robin gets around the Cricket hotspot software detect?

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Interesting as my G4 (after adding the $10. hot spot fee) works like a charm on Cricket. Wow, I wonder how the Robin gets around the Cricket hotspot software detect?
    Not like the Robin is the only one. There are several threads wherein unofficial Cricket tethering is discussed.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by gwite; 10-05-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Feedback Score
    The Robin has the changes in the build.prop file done when the Android image was created. Same for the One Plus phones. Most phones don't deviate from what Google does. Also the Moto G4 is not on Cricket list of phones you can pay to tether. If Cricket allowed it that would be a one off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    The Robin has the changes in the build.prop file done when the Android image was created. Same for the One Plus phones. Most phones don't deviate from what Google does. Also the Moto G4 is not on Cricket list of phones you can pay to tether. If Cricket allowed it that would be a one off.

Yup, my daughter also has a Moto G4 and was the one who told me about the hotspot..very convenient. Btw, what's a one off?

Feedback Score
    My G5 Plus would not tether out of the box. I dropped it and broke the heck out of two days in, so I didn't pursue it further.

Sent from my LGUS991 using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2