Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NEED ADVICE: New to T-mobile. Please suggest a plan for me!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74 View Post
    Thank you so much for this. I live in LA and I read T-mobile has pretty good coverage where I live. I am only concerned about reception in the buildings. The other thing is I stream a lot of video on Verizon. I read that with T-mobile One plan, video is limited to 480p. Is this correct? It may be just fine, but I don't think I've ever seen it myself. So far I am leaning to get switch to T-mobile through Costco. I will stop by and talk to these guys about activation fees, etc.
    Yes on the basic one plan video is limited, you can pay extra for hd video. Believe it's 10 dollars now? I jumped on it when they were giving away the HD add-on for free earlier this year so not 100 percent sure on the price of it right now but I believe it's 10 dollars extra per line for hd video content.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    You can get SIM cards for free from Apple too, but T-mobile still charges you $25/line. Does Costco waive the activation fee for T-mobile? I know they and Sam’s Club have done that in the past for other carriers, but that was for in store activation when you preordered a phone. They also run holiday specials that advertised waived activation fees too.

They charged me $32.22 total for something similar to activation on two lines but I also have coming a $50 cash card credit per line in 14 weeks. I figure the 14 weeks is so you dont cut and run to get the money.

Feedback Score
    Thank you so much for your suggestion. I have never looked into "alternative carriers" like Cricket, etc. I need good data speeds and reliable service as both my wife and I use phones for work. How good is Cricket?
    Cricket's network is at least 30% better than T-Mobile's. But its max speeds are no more than 9 Mbps down, and it has no international roaming outside of North America.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Cricket's network is at least 30% better than T-Mobile's.
    30% better how? You have no statistics showing it's "at least 30% better". This is just something you made up in your constant effort to bash T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Pricing with Tmobile depends on how much data you use. If you use < 2Gb per month, you get a $10 kickback discount per line. So if you have 5 lines plus Grandma you'd be around $190, less $10 for any iphone using <2Gb/mo. That might end up being less than 3 x senior plans.

If you have a business (or just a business tax ID, they will use your personal credit) you can get Tmo One Plus, which gives you 10GB of full speed tethering and 256kb overseas free data speed for the same price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    30% better how? You have no statistics showing it's "at least 30% better". This is just something you made up in your constant effort to bash T-Mobile.
    It's the network , based on easily verified facts of comparative coverage . Its current reality, not "bashing" ...and T-Mobile will close this gap in a couple of years. That's great !

I have accurately answered the question asked. Your false description refers inaccurately to other discussions and is off-topic.

I will not join you in an attempt to trash this discussion.

Feedback Score
    It's the network , based on easily verified facts of comparative coverage . Its current reality, not "bashing" ...and T-Mobile will close this gap in a couple of years. That's great !

I have accurately answered the question asked. Your false description refers inaccurately to other discussions and is off-topic.

I will not join you in an attempt to trash this discussion.
    You bash TMobile with nothing but opinions and no facts

No way you can prove att to be 30% better than tmobile. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post

No way you can prove att to be 30% better than tmobile. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard
    Exactly right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    You bash TMobile with nothing but opinions and no facts

It’s not that crazy if better is defined as more coverage. I don’t know the current coverage, but as of late last year/early this year AT&T had about 50% more coverage than T-mobile (approximately 1.8-1.9 million vs 1.2 million sq miles). I ”tthink” T-mobile’s coverage was 1.5 million in March, so if AT&T hasn’t expanded any in the last year then that is approximately 30% greater coverage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    It’s not that crazy if better is defined as more coverage. I don’t know the current coverage, but as of late last year/early this year AT&T had about 50% more coverage than T-mobile (approximately 1.8-1.9 million vs 1.2 million sq miles). I ”tthink” T-mobile’s coverage was 1.5 million in March, so if AT&T hasn’t expanded any in the last year then that is approximately 30% greater coverage.
    Well which is it? 1.8 or 1.9. If it's only 1.8 that's only a 20% increase.

NotABiot is well known for throwing out statements and when you ask him for a source he doesn't provide it. If his point is about square miles covered then he should provide the source of the square miles used to come up with 30%.

In addition, his original quote was that the Cricket network was "at least 30% better than T-Mobile's. " He never defined what better meant until I questioned him. Quite honestly, if one never goes to the 300,000 square miles then there is no difference to the consumer whatsoever. So better coverage of backwoods areas doesn't necessarily equal better network. T-Mobile provides faster data speeds in the areas where I use it so that it makes it a better network for me.

If NotABiot thinks Cricket is a 30% "better" network, one would ask why he is using T-Mobile in the first place?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keason View Post
    Pricing with Tmobile depends on how much data you use. If you use < 2Gb per month, you get a $10 kickback discount per line. So if you have 5 lines plus Grandma you'd be around $190, less $10 for any iphone using <2Gb/mo. That might end up being less than 3 x senior plans.

If you have a business (or just a business tax ID, they will use your personal credit) you can get Tmo One Plus, which gives you 10GB of full speed tethering and 256kb overseas free data speed for the same price.
    @keason- that's interesting! I do have a business tax ID. What's the pricing on One plus plan?

P.S. I just tried to google "Tmobile one plus for business" and didn't find any specific pricing. Do I need talk to them at the store?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Well which is it? 1.8 or 1.9. If it's only 1.8 that's only a 20% increase.

NotABiot is well known for throwing out statements and when you ask him for a source he doesn't provide it. If his point is about square miles covered then he should provide the source of the square miles used to come up with 30%.

In addition, his original quote was that the Cricket network was "at least 30% better than T-Mobile's. " He never defined what better meant until I questioned him. Quite honestly, if one never goes to the 300,000 square miles then there is no difference to the consumer whatsoever. So better coverage of backwoods areas doesn't necessarily equal better network. T-Mobile provides faster data speeds in the areas where I use it so that it makes it a better network for me.

If NotABiot thinks Cricket is a 30% "better" network, one would ask why he is using T-Mobile in the first place?
    Personal attacks and falsehoods are not welcome here. I will not repeat what I have done before including very exact figures. Nothing is worth repeating 600 times. Even if it would make your day if I said things yet again.

Feedback Score
    Back on topic, I would recommend getting the T-Mobile plan that has unlimited roaming on to AT&T.

That will help you to get by until a couple of years from now when TMobile catches up with or maybe surpasses AT&T and Verizon.

Feedback Score
    @keason- that's interesting! I do have a business tax ID. What's the pricing on One plus plan?

P.S. I just tried to google "Tmobile one plus for business" and didn't find any specific pricing. Do I need talk to them at the store?
    The website is so big and you will find lots of wording in reports and pages on different versions of these plans.

I ended up having to go to a T-Mobile store to get T-Mobile for business which included unlimited roaming on AT&T..

This will help things work out in the 1/3 of places where TMobile doesn't yet have coverage.

Feedback Score
    The website is so big and you will find lots of wording in reports and pages on different versions of these plans.

I ended up having to go to a T-Mobile store to get T-Mobile for business which included unlimited roaming on AT&T..

This will help things work out in the 1/3 of places where TMobile doesn't yet have coverage.
    That's great news! Now the question is what's is the pricing on the business plan?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast