Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NEED ADVICE: New to T-mobile. Please suggest a plan for me!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74 View Post
    That's great news! Now the question is what's is the pricing on the business plan?
    It's an easy phone call to a local T-Mobile store. Or even one that's far away and long distance if you want. The current price is $110 for two lines after auto pay. To add T-Mobile one plus, that's 10 additional dollars per line.

There are options for a lower per line price if you get more lines too.

Feedback Score
    OK, Thank you. I need 6 line plan with 5 smart phone lines. Seems like the business plan is a lot more expensive (T mobile ONE with 6 lines would be $200/month for me minus $10 since grandma never uses data).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I will not repeat what I have done before including very exact figures. Nothing is worth repeating 600 times.
    I assure you I have not read every one of the 1,579 posts you have made. But I did see the one where you mentioned "30% better" and you have been given every opportunity to state your source of this percentage complete with statistics and sources of said statistics. It is noted that you are refusing to do so.

I would recommend getting the T-Mobile plan that has unlimited roaming on to AT&T.
    You're recommending a plan that doesn't exist. There is no plan that "has unlimited roaming on AT&T". There are plans that don't cap the amount of roaming data you can use. But there are many areas of the AT&T network where T-Mobile customers are not permitted any roaming whatsoever. And as far as I know, T-Mobile customers cannot roam on the AT&T LTE network at all.

The OP lives in LA and I don't know of anywhere in LA where T-Mobile allows roaming onto AT&T 3G. So I don't see any benefit to the business plan that you are recommending.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Cricket is best if you see your group as:
    Most use a few gigabytes each per month, so unlimited for everyone isn't needed.
    You can handle 8 mbps data speeds (For reference, you only need a little less than 3 mbps to stream 720P HD netflix)
    You don't mind that the customer support is not as good as Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile.
    Need extra coverage when traveling in rural areas in the western US
    Like the option of being able to roam in mexico and canada.

If two people are on unlimited data on Cricket, 3 people are on 4GB each, and grandma is on the $25 talk and text plan, it would cost $165 a month. Or, if 2 people are on unlimited data, 3 people are on 8GB each, and grandma is on the $25 plan, it'd cost $195 a month. Cricket has no activation fees online, and sims can be found on Amazon, and other online retailers for anywhere between a few dollars or $10, (Also available on Cricket's website). You can also mix and match plans on Cricket, Which range anywhere from $125 for 6 lines (5 with 4GB each, 1 with talk & text) to $260 with all the lines having unlimited data.

T-Mobile is best if you see your group as:
    Most use 10+ gigabytes per month, unlimited for most is a necessity.
    You like having top of the line speeds, which are useful for downloading and uploading large files, like 4K video recordings, and multiple gigabyte apps, etc.
    You want unlimited fast data in the case that someone uses a lot of data
    You travel outside the united states or plan to. (T-Mobile has free global roaming, data + text, in most countries, plus cheap minutes, and unlimited roaming in mexico and canada (free minutes too).
    You want mobile hotspot connectivity for free.
    You only stay in the cities and main highways when/if traveling anywhere in the western USA, such as oregon, idaho, nevada, etc.

T-Mobile costs $200 for 6 lines, minus $10 for grandma, as T-Mobile credits very low data usage lines. T-Mobile has a $25 activation fee, but the fee covers the sim cards, and is the same online or in a store. T-Mobile has the benefits of better customer service, and if you have netflix or want netflix, they'll pay for it.
    Click the following link to learn how to get $25 just for activating cricket service.http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...new-customers!

Feedback Score
    The value of roaming from T-Mobile onto AT&T for rjdoc is apparent if:

1) he or anyone else in his plan ever leave the Los Angeles city limits. If they are like typical Americans and move about, then they definitely will.

2) in the areas without T-Mobile coverage, he'd prefer data roaming onto slow AT&T 2G over not having any data roaming at all.

-----

It's most productive and helpful to provide information to the original parent instead of just assuming certain things which probably aren't likely anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Well which is it? 1.8 or 1.9. If it's only 1.8 that's only a 20% increase.

NotABiot is well known for throwing out statements and when you ask him for a source he doesn't provide it. If his point is about square miles covered then he should provide the source of the square miles used to come up with 30%.

In addition, his original quote was that the Cricket network was "at least 30% better than T-Mobile's. " He never defined what better meant until I questioned him. Quite honestly, if one never goes to the 300,000 square miles then there is no difference to the consumer whatsoever. So better coverage of backwoods areas doesn't necessarily equal better network. T-Mobile provides faster data speeds in the areas where I use it so that it makes it a better network for me.

If NotABiot thinks Cricket is a 30% "better" network, one would ask why he is using T-Mobile in the first place?
    Why are you trying to start a fight? Chill and relax, okay? Maybe it was 1,932,741 or maybe it was 1,824,867 sq miles. I put approximately for a reason and it wasn’t because I like to type. AT&T investor relations can give you today’s numbers, as can T-mobile’s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    Why are you trying to start a fight? Chill and relax, okay? Maybe it was 1,932,741 or maybe it was 1,824,867 sq miles. I put approximately for a reason and it wasn’t because I like to type. AT&T investor relations can give you today’s numbers, as can T-mobile’s.
    It's you and NotABiot who are throwing out these 30% numbers. Not me. I'm not going to chase down sources for statistics you throw out with no backup whatsoever. The bottom line is neither of you has cited any current numbers that shows AT&T covers at least 30% more square miles than T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    The value of roaming from T-Mobile onto AT&T for rjdoc is apparent if:

1) he or anyone else in his plan ever leave the Los Angeles city limits. If they are like typical Americans and move about, then they definitely will.
    Leaving the Los Angeles city limits does not guarantee that they'll be in an area where T-Mobile will permit AT&T roaming. It is not very common that T-Mobile allows roaming on the AT&T network. You're in fact encouraging someone to pay a lot more for a business plan to get some advantage which may never be needed.

2) in the areas without T-Mobile coverage, he'd prefer data roaming onto slow AT&T 2G over not having any data roaming at all.
    Well since AT&T turned off 2G on 12/31/16 there will be no "roaming onto slow AT&T 2G" and you claim.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1084805

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2400zr View Post
    Why are you trying to start a fight? Chill and relax, okay?.
    The only way to win this is not to play.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    How bout a nice game of chess

Feedback Score
    One important consideration if you switch: iPhones must be 6s, SE, or later models to take advantage of band 12, which Tmobile uses for building penetration and rural areas. The current release (8, X) supports band 66, which slightly enhances band 4. The major coverage roll out that T-mobile is advertising is band 71, and only a few phones (none from Apple) support it.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8+ and Gear S3 Frontier
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74 View Post
    Thank you so much for this. I live in LA and I read T-mobile has pretty good coverage where I live. I am only concerned about reception in the buildings. The other thing is I stream a lot of video on Verizon. I read that with T-mobile One plan, video is limited to 480p. Is this correct? It may be just fine, but I don't think I've ever seen it myself. So far I am leaning to get switch to T-mobile through Costco. I will stop by and talk to these guys about activation fees, etc.
    Although I can't guarantee you will have "excellent," service in every building you go into (who can) I can tell you as someone who uses T-Mobile all over SoCal that you should be fine for the most part.

T-Mobile is in the process of adding 200 PCS LTE sites to the LA area this year along with more Band 12 which will improve data capacity and indoor coverage. There will always be problem spots (certain terminals at LAX and my sisters dental office comes to mind) but thankfully mobile networks aren't static and they are constantly improving. To date they have already installed over a thousand small cells in the City of Angels alone.

T-Mobile has the Southland covered very well with LTE all the way inland to the deserts. Some mountain roads are a bit iffy but that's no different than AT&T. I left AT&T late last year so I'm well aware. If you need the best coverage in the mountains Verizon is still your best bet.

T-Mobile constantly impresses me out here. There are highways in the middle of the Mojave Desert where AT&T has "no service," where T-Mobile has recently built out with LTE. This wasn't the case 2 years ago. Things are changing so fast.

https://twitter.com/NevilleRay/statu...03306211823616
    https://www.wirelessweek.com/blog/20...ell-bill-rages
    Last edited by @TheRealDanny; 09-28-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    It's you and NotABiot who are throwing out these 30% numbers. Not me. I'm not going to chase down sources for statistics you throw out with no backup whatsoever. The bottom line is neither of you has cited any current numbers that shows AT&T covers at least 30% more square miles than T-Mobile.
    Try reading my post again and at least make an attempt to comprehend what I typed. There is no reason for you to make this forum such a toxic environment. I very clearly stated that I do not know what today’s coverage numbers are, as in the sq miles each covers today. The last confirmed numbers I know of had AT&T covering 50% more, but there was a conference call with T-mobile where I think they provided more up to date numbers and if I remember correctly their coverage had improved to roughly 1.5 million sq miles, but I could very easily be mistaken about that, or that isn’t their actual coverage footprint - that’s why I said I “think” and even put it in parentheses.

There isn’t a way for me to be more clear in my posts, so please, spare me you faux outrage.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The only way to win this is not to play.
    Or ignore completely

Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1506655644.401739.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  82.0 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keason View Post
    One important consideration if you switch: iPhones must be 6s, SE, or later models to take advantage of band 12, which Tmobile uses for building penetration and rural areas. The current release (8, X) supports band 66, which slightly enhances band 4. The major coverage roll out that T-mobile is advertising is band 71, and only a few phones (none from Apple) support it.
    One of the Iphones will be a 6. Does it take advantage of band 12?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast