Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4S on Cricket?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score

iPhone 4S on Cricket?

My wife and I have been using Selectel for the past couple of years, but I have poor signal strength in my office while GSM carriers seem to work well. I'm considering switching us over to Cricket.

My only concern is the technology (frequency bands) of my wife's iPhone 4S (I have an iPhone 6s). The 4S passed the online BYOD IMEI check. Should it be fine on Cricket, or do we finally need to upgrade it?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would upgrade.. u can even get iPhone 5s for $50 now or a at&t iPhone 6 from Best buy for $200

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    I would upgrade.. u can even get iPhone 5s for $50 now or a at&t iPhone 6 from Best buy for $200

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app
    Will that $50 5s work on Cricket? I saw that on a deals site, but I think it was locked to another carrier that is notorious for keeping their devices locked down.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Att iPhones work with cricket. Cricket uses ATT towers. No issues with att phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    The $50 iphone 5S is a tracphone and will not work on Cricket.
    But your 4S should work fine.
    If not a good deal is the att prepaid iPhone SE at target or Best Buy for $149
    Get $25 credit by switching to Cricket Wireless! Then $250 by referring others! Same AT&T signal! Click here!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    My GF used an unlocked Sprint 4s on cricket for about 1 year before upgrading to 5s. The 4s will work with 3G HSPA on cricket but no LTE.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    The $50 iphone 5S is a tracphone and will not work on Cricket.
    But your 4S should work fine.
    If not a good deal is the att prepaid iPhone SE at target or Best Buy for $149
    Is there anything negative about the 4S on Cricket, such as signal strength or radio bands? I realize it will be only 3G, but will that be an issue in connecting online?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadus View Post
    Is there anything negative about the 4S on Cricket, such as signal strength or radio bands? I realize it will be only 3G, but will that be an issue in connecting online?
    Nope it should work fine.

Feedback Score
    The service will depend on the deployed bands in your market and travel area. For 3G service, the 4S will be fine in most market. We have an iPhone 4S in service with no issues.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Nope it should work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by CallmeJake View Post
    The service will depend on the deployed bands in your market and travel area. For 3G service, the 4S will be fine in most market. We have an iPhone 4S in service with no issues.
    That's great. I've considered T-Mobile with their new 55+ plan, but I'm a little concerned about their coverage in the rural southeast U.S. Still, for $60/month, T-Mobile has a great plan for two lines.

What's the best way to port over to Cricket from Selectel? Online or through a store? Purchase SIM cards somewhere else?

Plus, should I upgrade my 6s to a 7 Plus and pass my 6s to my wife, will all we have to do is insert the SIM's into our "new" phones?

Thanks much.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    That's great. I've considered T-Mobile with their new 55+ plan, but I'm a little concerned about their coverage in the rural southeast U.S. Still, for $60/month, T-Mobile has a great plan for two lines.

What's the best way to port over to Cricket from Selectel? Online or through a store? Purchase SIM cards somewhere else?

Plus, should I upgrade my 6s to a 7 Plus and pass my 6s to my wife, will all we have to do is insert the SIM's into our "new" phones?

Thanks much.
    The 4s will not work well on tmobile. It doesn't have the proper 3g bands and tmobile is moving bandwidth to LTE.

I would port your numbers and take advantage of free cricket phones. Activate the sims online and insert them into your iphones. Easy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    The 4s will not work well on tmobile. It doesn't have the proper 3g bands and tmobile is moving bandwidth to LTE.
    Right. That’s one reason, were we to switch to T-Mobile, that I would go ahead and upgrade to a 7 Plus and give my wife my 6s, both SIM-free. It looks like I can wait on upgrading a phone if we go with Cricket. I may check out Cricket and we’ll keep the 4S in use for a while.

I would port your numbers and take advantage of free cricket phones. Activate the sims online and insert them into your iphones. Easy.
    Free Cricket phones? Do you mean using our present phones because they will work well with Cricket as they are?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Broadus; 09-29-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score

Free Cricket phones? Do you mean using our present phones because they will work well with Cricket as they are?

Thanks.
    Cricket offers port in promotions. They currently have some free phones with port in. Rather than pay for sim cards you can take advantage of the port in promo and get free sim and free phone. The phones aren't great but can be used as a back up device or mini tablet. They are android so maybe you have no use for them.
    Just activate the sim cards online and insert them into your iphones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Selectel Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    Cricket offers port in promotions. They currently have some free phones with port in. Rather than pay for sim cards you can take advantage of the port in promo and get free sim and free phone. The phones aren't great but can be used as a back up device or mini tablet. They are android so maybe you have no use for them.
    Just activate the sim cards online and insert them into your iphones.
    Thanks for the explanation.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got 2 phones (a free LG Fortune and a $0.99 Alcatel Flint) when I ported my kids numbers from T-Mobile.
    I have no use for the phones, but as said, you don't have to buy a SIM when you do this.
    I did have to use the LG to get my daughters voice mail working right (she has an iPhone 6), but oddly enough everything worked just fine for my son on his 4S (originally an ATT phone, but unlocked).

The phones are just spare phones right now. I am trying to decide what to do for my 5th line.
    Either mom or father in law on it, or maybe just as an extra line (use it as a dedicated GPS on my bike with one of the free phones in case it falls or gets stolen).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast