Thread: Verizon mifi

Feedback Score

Verizon mifi

Ok see if anyone out there knows about this subject Verizon mifi was used in Cancun Mexico prob about 2 hours in the day for streaming music maybe 3 hrs to watch Netflix this occur for a week appears we were roaming bill was 35k yes $35,000 is this possible ?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What do you mean "appears you were roaming"? Of course you'd be roaming when using your Verizon devices in another country. Did you not call Verizon before you left for Cancun to discuss your options? Did you think Cancun was in the United States?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Very possible. Call Verizon and find out. You were roaming, not on the native network. This can occur big $$$$ charges. Sign up for the Roaming pass next time.

Feedback Score
    Sheesh! Another good reason for a huge wall, to hang big signs on that let people know they are leaving native coverage areas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhandsv View Post
    Ok see if anyone out there knows about this subject Verizon mifi was used in Cancun Mexico prob about 2 hours in the day for streaming music maybe 3 hrs to watch Netflix this occur for a week appears we were roaming bill was 35k yes $35,000 is this possible ?
    How can you ask if this is possible when you're the one who brought it to our attention?

Feedback Score
    It sounds very possible to me. Three hours of Netflix a day is a lot of data. If Verizon is charging you $2 per megabyte for international roaming data (just a fairly average international-roaming rate—excessive but not astronomical; I don't know what plan you're on), that would mean you used 17.5 GB. I would not be at all surprised if you used that much…

Now, since Verizon offers some plans with free roaming in Mexico, I'm sure their actual costs are nowhere near that much. Likely they would be willing to negotiate a lower bill under that condition that you switch to a plan that includes roaming in Mexico. I'm sure they'd love to pocket their $34,950 profit, but they won't get it anyway if they push you into bankruptcy.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 edge, Note 5, Galaxy Tab S2
    Carrier(s)
    T,T-Mo,VZ.
    Feedback Score
    Damn! And Verizon is complaining about what the LRA partners are charging them?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X & 6P; iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhandsv View Post
    What was your data usage during the trip?
    Nexus 5X & 6P on Google Fi
    iPhone 5S on Boom

Feedback Score
    Does verizon not cut you off at any reasonable point on overages? I'd definitely think a confirmation should be required whenever they are $1000 or twice your normal bill whichever higher.

Verizon was threatening to switch gUDP users over to a pay per megabyte plan I remember commenting that I would hope they would say something after the first hundred grand and because my bill would likely be over half a million dollars. (250GB * $1.99/MB = $497,500.)

So unless they are supposed to warn you at a certain point in overages (they really should but IDK that they do) yes it's possible not only that it's very easy.

By my math assuming they neglected to buy a travel pass verizon's pay as you go mexico roaming rate is $2.05/MB so $35,000 / $2.05 = 17073MB = 17GB

So maybe they watched netflix in UHD for 2.5 hours?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OP never came back. And they are a brand new member with 1 post. Perhaps a fake post of some sort. I have a hard time believing they didn't understand that they were roaming while in another country or that Verizon wouldn't have given them some kind of warning. Seems a bit far fetched to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    OP never came back. And they are a brand new member with 1 post. Perhaps a fake post of some sort. I have a hard time believing they didn't understand that they were roaming while in another country or that Verizon wouldn't have given them some kind of warning. Seems a bit far fetched to me.
    Maybe to IN SHOCK to come back

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO G, Iphone 6 On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm not saying something like that couldn't happen but I'm calling BS on this particular post. I bet we never hear from the OP again.

Device(s)
    S8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I bet OP is just a troll.