Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Update APN Settings

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Update APN Settings

What do I do if I need to update my APN settings and my phone is not listed in the choices they have?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by david2233 View Post
    What do I do if I need to update my APN settings and my phone is not listed in the choices they have?
    What network are you using?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It would help if we know what make/model your phone is, and what carrier it is being used on.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    At&t lg g4

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Try these settings below. It works on several of my BYOP GSM phones.

Name:  Tracfone-APN-setting-instructions-2.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  39.1 KB

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks.. My Galaxy is old and dying so I bought a new (unused old stock) unlocked LG G4 and I'm having some weird issues with it. I may return it. If I do return it and start reusing my old galaxy do I do the same manual APN programming steps?
    I'm 70yrs old and smartphones are not kind to me lol.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My Galaxy is old and dying so I bought a new (unused old stock) unlocked LG G4 and I'm having some weird issues with it. I may return it. If I do return it and start reusing my old galaxy do I do the same manual APN programming steps?
    If you didn't change/reset your old Galaxy, the previous APN should still be there.

What "weird issues" are you having with your LG G4?

Have you tried adding a new APN on the G4 using the parameters I posted earlier?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Haven't tried them yet. I tried the two other LG APN settings on this phone, so I know I will have to reset the old galaxy if I return LG G4
    Crazy problem is sometimes the touchscreen acts as if I touched and selected something when I didn't. It's beyond super sensitive. Other than that I really like it.
    I updated the software to android 6.0
    I removed the battery and then reinstalled it
    I did a factory reset

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried the two other LG APN settings on this phone, so I know I will have to reset the old galaxy if I return LG G4
    You lost me with that statement. Which phone is "this phone"? If it's the G4, what you're doing on it has no bearing on the APN settings of the Galaxy, so the Galaxy doesn't need to be reset if you return the G4.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    From the tracfone list there were two that had the LG name but not the G4 so I tried them anyway but they didn't work. OK, the galaxy will be good.
    I really like the LG and today, it is better than yesterday (less problems) so, on Monday I will keep it or send it back. The LG updated the software 3 times today. Keep in mind it say in a warehouse since 2014.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    From the tracfone list there were two that had the LG name but not the G4 so I tried them anyway but they didn't work.
    Can you explain what tracfone list you are talking about?

As far as I know, there are different APN settings for Verizon vs AT&T, and Android vs Windows phones (I don't know about iPhones). I don't think the APN settings are dependent on the phone's make/model.

Feedback Score
    From the tracfone list there were two that had the LG name but not the G4 so I tried them anyway but they didn't work. OK, the galaxy will be good.
    I really like the LG and today, it is better than yesterday (less problems) so, on Monday I will keep it or send it back. The LG updated the software 3 times today. Keep in mind it say in a warehouse since 2014.
    Don't worry about the TracFone list. Your Android phone should already have some preloaded APN's based on the sim that is in the phone. If the phone is CDMA (Verizon), there will only be one and you can't change it. If AT&T or T-Mobile, there should be a list of APN's and it will default to one of them. Does your phone have such a list? If you have such choices, see if the settings in any of them match the ones hpham suggested. If so select it. Turn Airplane mode on then off.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help everyone. This phone has a mind of it's own and jumps around without me touching the screen at all. I'm sending it back.
    I tried the manual settings that hpham suggested and it didn't work
    CV 919, there is no list of preloaded APN's, only ATTnextgenphone and that one don't work and you can't change any of the settings on it.
    This LG G4 is network unlocked. I wonder if that is different than factory unlocked???? My old galaxy is factory unlocked.
    Calling and texting works great on the LG but this phone is defective and sadly I'll send it back.

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Given the issues the G4 has had, returning it sounds best.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Calling and texting works great on the LG but this phone is defective and sadly I'll send it back.
    I understand your decision to return the G4 because it's defective. But I have some questions about your problems with setting APN on it.
    1. After you created a new APN, was it SAVED? If you go into the APN setting screen again, is the new APN shown in the list of APNs? If not, it was not properly saved.
    2. When testing the APN, did you try to go online with Data turned on AND WiFi turned off? What happened then? Does it say no connection or what?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast